What's new

JF-17 Block III Multirole Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope f-16s are definitely going to be in service for atleast 30 years from now..the midlife upgrade will give them ATLEAST 20 years life.

we have no solid info waht fifth gen can we induct in near future..only option seem is joint venture with china or if china devlops a single engine version so called the J-2X, if so it would rather complement then replace the f-16s..
PAF is gear up to ensure that f-16s should be in service for very long time, just like our mirages

I think if jv between pakistan n china do occur on fgfa, then as u pointed out, it probably will be single engine like F-35. I think this fgfa will act as air superiority aircraft while F-16 may be replaced or complemented by JF-17 Block II/Block III.

can we redesign the JFT III so that it can carry the ws-10 heavy engines instead of ws-13?

ws-10G with 155kn thrust will really be a boost to JFT III.

it might make JFT expansive bt after all we need to do something against the IAF build up

JF17 block 3 would have more stealth feature close 5gen avionics and wepons suit and not coming cheap for sure :coffee:

Ill let you know when that is complete, a basic form of it has been done..
The KJL-7 has capabilities that match or exceed the APG-66 and equal the APG-68 in some respects. So it is a VERY good radar.
Any tweaks will take to a capability level of the APG-68V9 less that SAR.. and that is a very big compliment.

Don't want to sound too pessimist but APG-66, a radar that was developed in the 70s, should not be a bench mark we should be looking to match or even exceed in 2012.

Something like this perhaps?
159_8109_5cbb9aa691ed911.jpg

or

25400_1377998523084_1025517435_1158699_7824389_n.jpg

or

159_8109_5e4bab84e9f370e.jpg

the 2nd pic look promising

even Block II was suppose to Get new engine,AESA,IRST
bt due to no funds we are just tweaking the older one

we should now allocate funds for block III from now or we will again end in just tweaking

from 15 million to 25 million..

tweaks to radars etc... and adding IFR as well as other upgrades like ew suite.. should't cost.. 10 million..

I think we will all be supprised where most of the money has gone.

I doubt the chopper did anything for us, perhaps some samples of RAM coating and composites, but nothing special, nothing us or the Chinese couldn't have known.

I reckon more composites will see their way on to the JF-17, I think you meant RAM coating right? perhaps it will be applied to some areas, but all round RAM coating is expensive, perhaps just to the inlets, nose, wing tips etc..
AESA, yes by block III we should have it.
IFR probe wil be there on Block II.
New engine... maybe, but PAF is very happy with the RD-93s. I know you are going by what Sir PShamim said.
Internal weapons bays? No, I'm certain it wont... it would mean redesigning the entire airframe.
But... note that the same job can be done to some extent with weapons pods, but then comes the issue of cost.
I'm pretty sure the JF-17 already has or will soon have a real time datalink.

Guys why you want to see a hammer turning into a chain-saw? who's gona perform role of hammer then? Internal weapon bays?? why so? for the love of God? Just go back to its primary objective and you would know how this machine should turn into.

Combat radius: 1,352 km

this defines what roles this fighter will be primary performing. Now it doesn't need internal weapon bays when it is not going into enemy territory to drop bombs.

ok block II will have diamond nose thats confirmed and block III willbe equivalent to F-35 with external bay?

Well we have 4 years to wait untill our JF17 thunder Block 2 and J10B shipment arrive , after that we can talk about Block 3

Untill we find a way to hide the weapons in internal bay the Stealth concepts would be only good as a 4.5 design

a) Stealth is possible only when your weapons are hidden
b) No bolted screws and lines on the surface of the plane
c) Intakes and any engine parts do not reflect back radar rays
d) Pilot and internal cockpit area does not reflect back the signals
e) Tail is the last thing to worry about

Just by going from 1 tail to 2 does not gives you stealth

So far what we have 100% achieved is coating for our fighter jets stealth (from the one stealth helicopter) and secondly what we have going for us is Chinese cooperation

With time it would be nice to see Stealth version of Fighter

I see no reason why , we cannot develop a 4.5 generation fighter from JF17 platform

Its hard for me to imagine a 5.0 design emerging from JF17 thunder platform

This is a very doable Block 2 Conversion
25400_1377998523084_1025517435_1158699_7824389_n.jpg

Priority for JF17 thunder is certainly

a) New Engine
b) Upgraded Avionics
C) AESA and Data share
D) Chinese GPS
E) Stealth Material Coated surface

And certainly not forgeting the Mid Air refueling featuers would be fantastic for Block 2

If this is true,
then another big story relates to JF-17

I am sure that if it was on someone other side(the JF-17 project) then they have produced with composites, RD-93B, IFRP and a dual seat after PT-6 testing and continued its production till 5 years then launch the Block-II and after 5 years Block-III. It was good chance for Egypt or Algeria or Tunisia or Syria or Oman or Tunisia to join the project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom