What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the Gripen, the C vs. the D. They had to remove the Mauser BK-27 cannon from the D. The cannon weighs 100kg. Each round weights about 0.516kg. The C carries 120 rounds = 62kg. Just by removing the over 160kg.

This is from Saab Gripen, Sweden's 21 st Century Multi-role Aircraft and there was no 2-seater for nearly a decade

Uk3HY.jpg

Looking at the Gripen, the C vs. the D. They had to remove the Mauser BK-27 cannon from the D. The cannon weighs 100kg. Each round weights about 0.516kg. The C carries 120 rounds = 62kg. Just by removing the over 160kg.
But depends upon the thinking of customer as well, As far as I know even the F-106 was built without gun, so did the F-4Phantom but PAF's F-106 and Israel's F-4s came with guns. I am not sure if D versions make up for added weight by extra thrust, I bet PAF wont degrade the combat equipment. May be increased composits with a couple of hard points to make up for lost fuel capacity.

What no AESA ? Damn it.

Hi, what would you prefer? A system that works or a system that is superior in theory, but not operational. The JF-17 will have to wait for a working and reliable AESA system, same as the J-10B.

Hi, what would you prefer? A system that works or a system that is superior in theory, but not operational. The JF-17 will have to wait for a working and reliable AESA system, same as the J-10B.
Firstly, one would have to see why would PAF be needing an AESA? If KLJ-7X(V2?) can expolit SD-10(A/B) to its full potential, then it is decent enough as a radar. Secondly, When An AEWACS is on station with long range AESA, it would certainly warn you off for threats beyond your radar's reach. having all aspect AESA force would not be a great idea when the intended role for J-17 is point defence,interception and CAS.

I just realized, doesn't the Hud of JFT look different?

Here:

3596_10448_227101.jpg

jf-17_thunder_all_round_view_book_cover.jpg

as compared to this: (notice the border edges)

3596_10449_851705.jpg

jf-17+thunder++Provides+Pakistani+Air+Force+with+Air-to-Air+Refueling+Capabilityweqwrqewe.jpg

Not sure what you are trying to convey?
Its the same Hud viewed at different angles

Not sure what you are trying to convey?
Its the same Hud viewed at different angles

I edited.. Check the angles now...
Even if you change the angles, you should still see gap between the borders....

I edited.. Check the angles now...

I think you are referring to the frame supports that look different.
I suppose its just a weight and cost cutting measure they found.
The Hud has not changed at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom