What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The aircraft for 3rd squadron are ready and at PAC undergoing testing. I think it is due to be stood up in March this year.....and two more squadrons later this year....from what i have heard...

the raising of the 3rd squadron is delayed slightly - around April - June slot. the other rumour / news is that the new ACM will be chief guest at the 3rd squadron raising, Karachi / Masroor perhaps!

14 each would make only 28 planes in the first two squadrons. If there are 38 or 40 planes altogether in the 2 squardons then each sqd would have 19 to 20 planes. Right?

Oh yeah, sorry. There are around 19 units in each squadron. Just a error in calculation. :)

the raising of the 3rd squadron is delayed slightly - around April - June slot. the other rumour / news is that the new ACM will be chief guest at the 3rd squadron raising, Karachi / Masroor perhaps!

But how many squadrons are due this year then? 2 or 3?

But how many squadrons are due this year then? 2 or 3?

with the blk-II production slated for a june start, expect at least 1 sqdn of the blk-II to be raised by end of this year. so in total there shd be 4 squadrons by end 2012 (64-72 a/c). half way there.

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

Oh yeah, sorry. There are around 19 units in each squadron. Just a error in calculation. :)

there is no hard and fast rule. 16-18 a/c is the norm but sometimes there are 12-14 also. just depends on availability.

with the blk-II production slated for a june start, expect at least 1 sqdn of the blk-II to be raised by end of this year. so in total there shd be 4 squadrons by end 2012 (64-72 a/c). half way there.

What is a current production rate of JF17 ??? cause for 1 squadron in 6 months you need rate more than 30 per year

What is a current production rate of JF17 ??? cause for 1 squadron in 6 months you need rate more than 30 per year

current rate is 24/year, set to increase to 30/year in 2013.

fatman bro
4 questions i want to ask

1) does blk 2 & 3 would have chinese indigenious engines?

2) Any information about chinese avionics & ECM in jf 17 block 2?

3) SD 10 b/ pl 12 b is going to be inducted in JF 17 block 2 & 3?

4) whats the name of chinese aesa radar which u r stating to be inducted in JF 17 block 2 & 3? if any extra information u could
give that may be helpful .

Posted by mandrake of CDF. Can someone please help with translation with fuller details. It is the article tphuang posted the highlights last week. Thanks.

Bigger image here: http://imgur.com/eQZeu

zm74l.jpg

fatman bro

4) whats the name of chinese aesa radar which u r stating to be inducted in JF 17 block 2 & 3? if any extra information u could
give that may be helpful .

@1 - russian for the time being - chinese poweplant still a few years away.
@2 - that info is already detailed in this or the JFT information pool thread.
@3 - SD-10A already integrated starting from blk-1
@4 - is blk-2 going to have aesa? - probably KLJ series radar.

Third squadron of Block I to be operational within two months.
there is no hard and fast rule. 16-18 a/c is the norm but sometimes there are 12-14 also. just depends on availability.
I was mentioning in regards to the serial numbers :)
fatman bro

Block 3, most likely. There were rumors WS-10/WS-13 for Block II but, there is a large stockpile for RD-93 so it seems that RD-93 would be used by Block II.
Avionics? That part is done by Pakistan Aeronautical Complex. Most of the avionics is produced at PAC.
Any doubts, after it is operational on Block I?
4) whats the name of chinese aesa radar which u r stating to be inducted in JF 17 block 2 & 3?
AESA on block II? Highly unlikely, but let's see what surprise PAC has to give us this July.
There is no 'JF-17 Block 3' or 'JF-17 Stealth'... well not anymore.. the project is still there, but it's given a new name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom