What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any News about block 2.?? When is it entering in service... ??? waiting , waiting and still waiting to see block 2.

New thread :cheers:

In last thread 4, i happened to post some query about JF-17, but as that thread got closed, i am posting it again here.

Few questions regarding usage of composite in JF-17.
I have read that Raptor has 25% carbon composite while 38% Titanium alloy (by weight).
In any older plane the decision to increase composite material ratio is taken by considering the cost-benefit analysis. If by increasing Carbon composite the TWR, operational life, Radar signature factors are significantly improve, only then Carbon composites are added.

Is there any study in this regard for JF-17 has been carried out or being under study right now?
How much Chinese have mastered the technology of carbon composites and its modeling/tooling?
And Which portion of JF-17 is Titanium alloy?

New thread :cheers:

In last thread 4, i happened to post some query about JF-17, but as that thread got closed, i am posting it again here.

Few questions regarding usage of composite in JF-17.
I have read that Raptor has 25% carbon composite while 38% Titanium alloy (by weight).
In any older plane the decision to increase composite material ratio is taken by considering the cost-benefit analysis. If by increasing Carbon composite the TWR, operational life, Radar signature factors are significantly improve, only then Carbon composites are added.

Is there any study in this regard for JF-17 has been carried out or being under study right now?
How much Chinese have mastered the technology of carbon composites and its modeling/tooling?
And Which portion of JF-17 is Titanium alloy?

JF-17's airframe is constructed from aluminium alloys to keep both costs and weight down while providing high structural strength. High strength steel and titanium alloys are partially adopted in some critical areas. Plans are in place to reduce weight further by increasing the use of carbon composite materials in the airframe.n the fuselage area..and in Block 2 incorporate greater use of composite materials in the airframe to reduce weight

Any News about block 2.?? When is it entering in service... ??? waiting , waiting and still waiting to see block 2.

Jf-17 block 2 is likely to be complete in mid-spring 2013..
it was reported in November 2011 that the Pakistan Air Force programme team at PAC in Kamra are finalising the design for the Block 2 version of the JF-17. The main features of the next iteration of the aircraft include a new advanced avionics suite and an air-to-air-refuelling capability, as well as the development of a two-seat variant. There is also a new version of the aircraft's China Electronics Technology Corporation (CETC) KG300G electronic warfare suite that expands the coverage of its frequency band. IN SHA ALLAH block 2 will start joining PAF from 2013 mid to 2015 and block 3 would join in 2016...

it was reported in November 2011 that the Pakistan Air Force programme team at PAC in Kamra are finalising the design for the Block 2 version of the JF-17. The main features of the next iteration of the aircraft include a new advanced avionics suite and an air-to-air-refuelling capability, as well as the development of a two-seat variant. There is also a new version of the aircraft's China Electronics Technology Corporation (CETC) KG300G electronic warfare suite that expands the coverage of its frequency band. IN SHA ALLAH block 2 will start joining PAF from 2013 mid to 2015 and block 3 would join in 2016...
Will there be IRST or AESA on block 2 or not .. ?? And what about SD-10B and WS-13 in BLOCK-2 ...
Thanks in advance..

mid 2013 is around the corner.....hope you are right...!

Will there be IRST or AESA on block 2 or not .. ?? And what about SD-10B and WS-13 in BLOCK-2 ...
Thanks in advance..

not yet. things are not clear...

mid 2013 is around the corner.....hope you are right...!

not yet. things are not clear...
Are there any changes in airframe....??? apart from use of more composite materials...
thanx......

the aircraft shape is good but in my opinion if pac design block 2 wings like sukhoi aircraft it will b awsome in looks too..what do u say

the aircraft shape is good but in my opinion if pac design block 2 wings like sukhoi aircraft it will b awsome in looks too..what do u say
may be you are right but at this stage design of aircraft is awesome.. It currently using wings like f-16 style and they suit it too.. Sukhoi aircrafts have totally different design and their wings only suit them... I am not an aero expert..!! may be i am wrong... !! :undecided:

i think still using PESA Radar... some senior member can give you better answer.....

it's not PESA but MSA radar.
@Oscar @sancho
i heard that current power plant on jf 17 (RD 93)can't support the power needs of AESA is that true ?

Last edited by a moderator:
82715_1354978921.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom