What's new

JF-17 THUNDER - Ready To Tear The World Asunder!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The article should have salient on its the most important attraction of FJT which is cost.

my first paragraph touches that aspect , however i concentrated on its capabilities rather than its cheap cost after the first para as every article points out how 'cheap' jft is but not many depict its capabilities which was the primary reason why i wanted to write an article

Well written article Antibody, looking forward to see more articles from you;-)

Najam:

Is there a video that shows (or witnesses if not a video) of a clean JF-17 taking off and into a straight vertical climb to demonstrate the claimed T:W ratio of 1.01:1?

i remember a news from russia media saying that the engines to be transferred to china for JFT will have 10% more thrust.

so i suspect and i think 90-92kn is a average thrust

ANTIBODY, can you post the original piece if you can?

i remember a news from russia media saying that the engines to be transferred to china for JFT will have 10% more thrust.

so i suspect and i think 90-92kn is a average thrust

A thrust in the low 90s will make the T:W ratio less than 1:1, which would explain the lack of any vertical climb demonstrations.

Najam:

Is there a video that shows (or witnesses if not a video) of a clean JF-17 taking off and into a straight vertical climb to demonstrate the claimed T:W ratio of 1.01:1?
I doubt there is any video with Thunder going vertical after takeoff...some similar videos from Izmir/Zhuhai are on youtube, but those have sharps hi-G turns after takeoff. Its T:W ratio is somewhere between 0.8-0.85.

I doubt there is any video with Thunder going vertical after takeoff...some similar videos from Izmir/Zhuhai are on youtube, but those have sharps hi-G turns after takeoff. Its T:W ratio is somewhere between 0.8-0.85.

That sounds about right to me, but the main article for this thread claims 1:1.

A thrust in the low 90s will make the T:W ratio less than 1:1, which would explain the lack of any vertical climb demonstrations.

you can check the news in the JFT information pool thread

where russian media said that PAF will get a variant of rd-33 with 10% more thrust..
10% more to 85kn(basic rd33 thrust) roughly equals to 90-92kn..
in short PAF got the rd33MK with rd-93 tag
which in return say a 1 twr ratio of JFT 1.
look for more improved twr in JFT because of greater use of composite hence more reduced weight

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

i think 0.98-1 seem very currect to me

as even with 86kn thrust the t/w ratio is 0.95kn

ws13.jpg

That sounds about right to me, but the main article for this thread claims 1:1.

Probably its because of some claims by Chinese. PAF isnt interested in releasing any information in public. It looks as if they are working on some Stealth project, the performance in airshow at airshows is approved from the very High Up...the aircraft has a lot of potential, but because of people who still have faith in 'Element of surprise' and are not interested in showing its true strength we all remain under dubious numbers. The exact value of T:W is a similar case too.

Probably its because of some claims by Chinese. PAF isnt interested in releasing any information in public. It looks as if they are working on some Stealth project, the performance in airshow at airshows is approved from the very High Up...the aircraft has a lot of potential, but because of people who still have faith in 'Element of surprise' and are not interested in showing its true strength we all remain under dubious numbers. The exact value of T:W is a similar case too.

That also sounds very plausible to me. I hope the program develops further, and is never needed in actual combat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom