What's new

List of Countries that were under muslim rule but are not today

Tibet has been Tibetan Buddhism since ancient times. Mongolia is influenced by it, many of them are Buddhists! When the Mongols ruled China, the Yuan Dynasty was also a Buddhist country. Tibet has never been ruled by Muslims!

Tibet became a vassal state during the early 8th century during the reign of Sadnalegs and even became muslim himself..

After his death the islamic influence vanished it was a short brief moment

Tibet became a vassal state during the early 8th century during the reign of Sadnalegs and even became muslim himself..

After his death the islamic influence vanished it was a short brief moment
Not sure if you can count them as muslims if most of the population and the ruling class were still Buddhists. They may have submitted politically but most didn’t convert.

Last edited:
Jauhar, sometimes spelled Jowhar or Juhar,[1][2] was a Hindu practice of mass self-immolation by women, [3] in the Indian subcontinent, to avoid capture, enslavement[4] and rape by an invading army,[5] when facing certain defeat during a war.[6][7][8] Some reports of jauhar mention women committing self-immolation along with their children.[9][10] This practice was historically observed in northwest regions of India, with most famous jauhars in recorded history occurring during wars between Hindu Rajput kingdoms in Rajasthan and the opposing Muslim armies.[11][12][13][7] However jauhar is performed during war, usually when there was no chance of victory. The practice was accompanied by saka, or a last stand in battle.
Women killing themselves enmasse along with their children is murder and suicide, actually a savage practise. From the same Wikipedia link.
'jauhar.[25] Veena Talwar Oldenburg disagrees as well, saying that "internecine warfare among the Rajput kingdoms almost certainly supplied the first occasions for jauhar, well before the Muslim invasions with which the practice is popularly associated" and that "the geopolitics of the northwest, whence a succession of invaders entered the subcontinent, made of Rajasthan a continual war zone'.

Just sugar coating their achievements and not talk about the destruction they caused is falsehood.

Virtually all wars result in destruction of some sort, just look at the stuff the Marathas did for example

Women killing themselves enmasse along with their children is murder and suicide, actually a savage practise. From the same Wikipedia link.
'jauhar.[25] Veena Talwar Oldenburg disagrees as well, saying that "internecine warfare among the Rajput kingdoms almost certainly supplied the first occasions for jauhar, well before the Muslim invasions with which the practice is popularly associated" and that "the geopolitics of the northwest, whence a succession of invaders entered the subcontinent, made of Rajasthan a continual war zone'.
It was savage practice no doubt but those were the times, people would rather die honorably than submit to rape and humility of barbarians be it other rajputs or outside invaders. Most of my reading I find the practice associated with outside invaders. You don't find this practice in South India.

It was savage practice no doubt but those were the times, people would rather die honorably than submit to rape and humility of barbarians be it other rajputs or outside invaders. Most of my reading I find the practice associated with outside invaders. You don't find this practice in South India.

Muslims did it too at times, and I would much rather that than seeing my family defiled

Good riddance. They looted and pillaged and wiped out 1/3 of human race

Tarikh-I-Alamgiri’ describes atrocities of Afghani Invader Ahmad Shah Abdali

“Abdali’s soldiers would be paid 5 Rupees (a sizeable amount at the time) for every enemy head brought in. Every horseman had loaded up all his horses with the plundered property, and atop of it rode the girl-captives and the slaves. The severed heads were tied up in rugs like bundles of grain and placed on the heads of the captives…Then the heads were stuck upon lances and taken to the gate of the chief minister for payment.

“It was an extraordinary display! Daily did this manner of slaughter and plundering proceed. And at night the shrieks of the women captives who were being raped, deafened the ears of the people…All those heads that had been cut off were built into pillars, and the captive men upon whose heads those bloody bundles had been brought in, were made to grind corn, and then their heads too were cut off. These things went on all the way to the city of Agra, nor was any part of the country spared.”
Tarikh-I-Alamgiri????
Lol ..Where did this come from..who is the author of this ... sounds more like a wish version of fatawa i Alamgiri

From Wikipedia: 'However jauhar is performed during war, usually when there was no chance of victory'.

Sounds like the main motive for killing themselves was to avoid defeat and humiliation, i.e. 'face-saving'. There is no honor in that. I doubt a victorious side typically went on a rape and murder campaign of women and children because the other side would go for that as well and humanity would have gone extinct. Moreover, India has had relatively few recorded wars compared to the world and it is simply not possible one third of humanity was slaughtered and raped by Muslims.

I doubt a victorious side typically went on a rape and murder campaign of women and children

Maybe you should read more then

The Islamic expansion was, largely, rather tame comparative to others but generally speaking conquests really were that awful for the losing party

Who is this?
204236.jpg

Sorry for the off-topic is that your chick? or wedding photo?
Dude, focus!

Back
Top Bottom