What's new

Little Masters 100th 100

Don't call me a party crasher but i don't think anything great here has been done. Mostly he scores centuries when he is not under pressure, recent performances in England and Australia when India needed him the most say it all. His 100th century if hit against England or Australia would be great but against Bangladesh?? no disrespect to Bangladesh but this doesn't cut it.

I think he still clings on because of his contracts with various Corporates generating him crores of money from Ads. I think Ganguly and Dravid were the ones who selflessly put the team before them. This guys captaincy is the least to be talked about.

Sorry to all Sachin fans but this is how i fall. I have no respect for any of the current Team India members they have become cricket mercenaries especially Dhoni waiting for the highest bidder. No sense of patriotism in them. The England series has deeply hurt me and i can never forgive them.

Agree with you on this.:agree:

His 100th century if hit against England or Australia would be great but against Bangladesh?? no disrespect to Bangladesh but this doesn't cut it.
It's his first century against Bangladesh. It shows that the other 48 in ODI's came against quality. And what could be bigger pressure than the WC Semi Final against PAKISTAN? His 85 there was chancy but classy.

Still scoring hundred for nation:) why should he retire man.

Still scoring hundred for nation:) why should he retire man?.

'Been a tough phase for me' - Tendulkar

Sachin Tendulkar kisses his helmet after reaching his 100th hundred
Enlarge

Sachin Tendulkar has admitted that he went through a "tough phase" to reach the milestone of a hundred international centuries. At the same time, Tendulkar, who last made an international hundred in the 2011 World Cup, said he had not been weighed down by his pursuit of the record, blaming the media for all the hype around it.

"It's been a tough phase for me," Tendulkar told television commentator Ramiz Raja during the mid-innings break in Mirpur, after helping India post 289 against Bangladesh in the Asia Cup. "I started off the season batting reasonably well. I was luckless. I am not playing only for my hundredth hundred. It doesn't matter how many 100s you score, you still put your head down, grind it out and do the job for the team.

"I was not thinking about the milestone, the media started all this, wherever I went, the restaurant, room service, everyone was talking about the 100th hundred. Nobody talked about my 99 hundreds. It became mentally tough for me because nobody talked about my 99 hundreds."

Tendulkar said that his sole aim has always been to excel for his country, even during the lean phase over the past year. Despite the struggle to get to his 100th hundred and the pressure that that had built up around it, Tendulkar was able to joke about having finally achieved it, saying he had shed "50 kilos" with the 114 he made today.

When Ramiz asked Tendulkar what message he wanted to send to a youngster who witnessed him make history, Tendulkar said it was important to never give up on chasing your dreams. "Enjoy the game and chase your dreams," he said. "Dreams do come true. I had to wait for 22 years for India to win the World Cup."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/asia-cup-2012/content/current/story/557559.htm

Well for sachin haters.... He s too a man and naturally he had felt that pressure... everyone had bogged him down.... What will WE do if we are in the same pressure and watched by a billion all over the world????
From now on we can watch an self tendulkar...
Hail the master :)

420672_370686882964901_239790709387853_1147948_1080464596_n.jpg

post dedicated to pakistanis;)

Back
Top Bottom