What's new

Made in Pakistan DU shells

ARKhan

New Recruit

Reaction score
I read somewhere that Pakistan has developed DU shells for the Al Khalid. Is it true and can they also be fired from Al Zarrar?

The Bangladesh Army was interested in purchasing both of these tanks. The DU shells will make our tanks more lethal so as if when it is fired upon enemy tanks it will be like a hot knife through butter.

I don't think India has developed DU shells or protective measures against DU shells.

Originally posted by bdmilitary@Nov 24 2005, 07:29 AM
I read somewhere that Pakistan has developed DU shells for the Al Khalid. Is it true and can they also be fired from Al Zarrar?

The Bangladesh Army was interested in purchasing both of these tanks. The DU shells will make our tanks more lethal so as if when it is fired upon enemy tanks it will be like a hot knife through butter.

I don't think India has developed DU shells or protective measures against DU shells.
[post=3569]Quoted post[/post]​

Intresting thing to hear by the way i want to ask can Bangladesh afford these kind of tanks i mean to say that they would be having enough funds to buy these tanks and they will be surely using them on the Indian boarders.India ia a big country,if Pakistan send its all of the tanks on the Indian boarders and also these new tanks they whill be still short to stop India.I have also heard that Bangladeh was asking for the PAF's ageing fighter,Bangladesh didnt wanteed PAF to retire they wanted PAF to give them to BD because they would use them for training etc.

The Bangladesh Army is upgrading its Type 79/69/59 fleet to Al Zarrar standard locally with kits from Pakistan.

The government has offered the Army $100 million to purchase 48 MBT's of 120-125 mm calibre gun and it says it is willing to pay for another armoured regiment if required.

There are four ideal locations for tank war fare an all those areas have been covered by armoured units, anti tank infantry and other specially equipped units.

We have a bridge called the Jamuna Bridge. It is the longest bridge and most expensive in South Asia and the Army established a garrision their which will be equipped with the 48 tanks.

The Army recently purchased 66 modern BTR-80 APC's from Russia raising it's APC strength to almost 400.

DU shells should be very effective and will almost certainly be purchased to counter Indian armoured numerical strength.

Originally posted by bdmilitary@Nov 24 2005, 02:29 AM

[post=3569]Quoted post[/post]​
the DU shells are radio active and result in cancer and other ilneses in the soldiers handling them for long periods of time and also the area of use...

i would sugest bangladesh nor pakistan use these shells as they are illegal in Islam and are infact just as haram as eating a pig or lubricating bullets with pig fat..which was the key thing in the first revolution of south asia against the british.

Yes, lets not use DU shells. Lets sharpen swords and cut Arjun and T-90 tanks with it.

Yes, Du shells cause cancer. Therefore the use of DU shells has a cost. The problem with your analysis is that you ignore the real benefits it has in combat, a thousand soldiers might die at 60 rather than 70 coz of cancer but 20,000 soldiers could die in a war in 3 years time because the indian armies shells ripped apart pakistanis and Bangladeshs tanks like knife thru butter. DU shells have been proven in Iraq; go ask the corpses of Iraqi soldiers who were melted in their tanks whether they too would have preferred DU shells to Explosives or steel penetrators.

At the very least 500 tanks were destroyed by DU rounds in 1991; 1500 men were melted into the interiors of the tanks. Iraqi tank rounds barely grazed the armour of Allied tanks.

I dont understand why u say DU shells are Haraam. We dont use pig fat coz we dont eat pigs. But if the only way to lubricate guns were with pig fat; pig fat should and could be used. DU shells are not made from pigs and so on.

Even if we assume DU shells are sinful; is it more sinful to send a few thousand men to their sure death without is use? I think it would be a greater sin to let thousand of young men to be melted alive inside their tanks because their were sent to battle without the full tools of war.

Yes pakistan does make DU shells localy.Infact there were 7 different companies in Pakistan a few years ago bidding for some kind of a contract for production.

If you want a link then just go to the IDEAS 2002 site and u'll see.

Originally posted by Yahya@Nov 24 2005, 12:39 PM
the DU shells are radio active and result in cancer and other ilneses in the soldiers handling them for long periods of time and also the area of use...

i would sugest bangladesh nor pakistan use these shells as they are illegal in Islam and are infact just as haram as eating a pig or lubricating bullets with pig fat..which was the key thing in the first revolution of south asia against the british.
[post=3584]Quoted post[/post]​

The eating of the pig is haram because it has some things that are very bad for us, but there are also things which are beneficial for us as far as military things go. The Asians should have accepted the guns than fighting with the bows and arrows which were only giving defeats. I dont know if i should say this, but Mohammad (PBUH) would have given permission if he knew that it could create a great powerful Muslim empire, and it will protect them.... sorry but thats my own opinion. :lips: not to be rude or disrespectful. :what:

<div class='bbimg'></div>

New 125mm anti-tank DU round called NAIZA was being displayed by Al-Technique. The NAIZA is said to have a penetration of 550mm in RHA. It has been made compatible with Pakistani T-80UD tanks.

Thanxs A.Rahman, that was the exact info. I was looking for. Anyways this DU Shell is also likely to be integreated so it can be used on the Al-Khalid, Al-zarrar, and T-87.

Originally posted by mysterious@Jan 18 2006, 06:13 AM
I dont know if i should say this, but Mohammad (PBUH) would have given permission if he knew that it could create a great powerful Muslim empire, and it will protect them.... sorry but thats my own opinion. :lips: not to be rude or disrespectful. :what:
[post=5458]Quoted post[/post]​
nop its actualy prohibeted by mohammed pbuh as they will effect the area&#33;...where ever they are used aqriculture would be radioactive and the locals would be effected.

as far as militry is concerned it is better to have fit men then big weopens and il men.
it would also to great damage to morale of the troops and indians would definatly capatilise on it and wage propoganda war against pa and decrease troop morale.

Originally posted by Yahya@Jan 18 2006, 10:51 PM
nop its actualy prohibeted by mohammed pbuh as they will effect the area&#33;...where ever they are used aqriculture would be radioactive and the locals would be effected.

as far as militry is concerned it is better to have fit men then big weopens and il men.
it would also to great damage to morale of the troops and indians would definatly capatilise on it and wage propoganda war against pa and decrease troop morale.
[post=5484]Quoted post[/post]​

Yahya it is not haram if not used on Civilians or around civilians.Prophet Muhammad pbuh had outlined use of warfare and what is prohibited. her is the list

-Do not attack childeren,women, and the elderly
-do not attack the enemy if he is asleep
-do not attack the enemy if he is praying
-Do not use poison on any CIVILIANS
-Do not attack the inocent

Yahya do not forget that this is an anti-tank weapon so its not going to be used against civilians&#33; But rather tanks&#33;&#33;&#33; :wall: Geeez whats so hard about that&#33;&#33;&#33; And if it does affect civilians it would not be harram because, it was used to target tanks or AV&#39;s.

Originally posted by Kaiser@Jan 18 2006, 11:56 PM
Yahya it is not haram if not used on Civilians or around civilians.Prophet Muhammad pbuh had outlined use of warfare and what is prohibited. her is the list

-Do not attack childeren,women, and the elderly
-do not attack the enemy if he is asleep
-do not attack the enemy if he is praying
-Do not use poison on any CIVILIANS
-Do not attack the inocent
Yahya do not forget that this is an anti-tank weapon so its not going to be used against civilians&#33; But rather tanks&#33;&#33;&#33; :wall: Geeez whats so hard about that&#33;&#33;&#33; And if it does affect civilians it would not be harram because, it was used to target tanks or AV&#39;s.
[post=5488]Quoted post[/post]​
radiation poisoning.

where ever the battle takes place.....
the fields (the main source of food) will be radioactive, water source will also get radioactive&#33;&#33;&#33;

No point in dragging religion in this. Pakistan has been poisoned by bringing religion in to politics already. Now one institution is somewhat better off and you want to derail that as well. Might as well just go and hand over Pakistan&#39;s secession papers to India right?

The Mullahs were no good to Pakistan when it was born and they are no good today. They are a cancer to our society&#39;s development and modernization.

Originally posted by Sid@Feb 22 2006, 07:09 PM
No point in dragging religion in this. Pakistan has been poisoned by bringing religion in to politics already. Now one institution is somewhat better off and you want to derail that as well. Might as well just go and hand over Pakistan&#39;s secession papers to India right?

The Mullahs were no good to Pakistan when it was born and they are no good today. They are a cancer to our society&#39;s development and modernization.
[post=6112]Quoted post[/post]​

I am really sorry to hear that you think Religion is a cancer to Pakistan, Just to let you know Pakistan was made becasue of religion. Muslims has no rights under the kaffirs, we were treated like s*it. It was muslims of India that made Pakistan.

I think you&#39;ve misunderstood what my post meant. It clearly says that the &#39;mullahs&#39; are a cancer to our society NOT the religion. I&#39;m sure that it is clearly understood this time round.

Another misconception that I would like my fellow Pakistanis to understand is that Pakistan was NOT created by Jinnah in the name of Islam. It was created in the name of FREEDOM for Muslims of the subcontinent. The truth is that the &#39;mullahs&#39; were opposed to Pakistan&#39;s creation (reading a few good books should help everyone here).

Till his death, the Quaid promoted moderation and tolerance for all while preaching all were equal in the state of Pakistan. As soon as he passed away, the &#39;mullahs&#39; put their spin on it and gave it an ideological twist by getting Pakistan to be renamed as the Islamic Republic of Pakistan (which it was never meant to be by the Quaid). Now the same &#39;mullahs&#39; ruin public life and property by carrying out mass rallies which result in deaths of their own countrymen. They do not realize how fragile a geo-political situation is Pakistan in and what cross-roads is it at these days; they just want their own selfish objectives to be fulfilled.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom