What's new

Main Battle Tank T-84

i heared al zarar is old T 72 tank

*BZZZZTTT* wrong! Al-Zarar is a modification of our old fleet of Chinese T-59 tanks. And the Chinese T-59 was a Chinese produced version of the Soviet T-54.

People keep calling Al-Zarar a version of "T-72". For the last time, WE DONT HAVE ANY T-72's!

(India on the other hand, operates the T-72 variants)

*BZZZZTTT* wrong! Al-Zarar is a modification of our old fleet of Chinese T-59 tanks. And the Chinese T-59 was a Chinese produced version of the Soviet T-54.

People keep calling Al-Zarar a version of "T-72". For the last time, WE DONT HAVE ANY T-72's!

(India on the other hand, operates the T-72 variants)

Upgraded T-59:
Though superseded by the Al-Khalid as the Pakistan Army's first line MBT, the Phase III Al-Zarrar version of the Type 59 has been upgraded and is adequate for training and emergency combat use. the program is centered on the fitting of a 125mm smooth bore main gun, an upgraded computerised fire control system and ATCOP TR 3 laser range finder, together with DNS 3 image intensifier. both Thales and Sagem night vision equipment is under trial. improved armour protection has also been fitted in the shape of an external anti-mine plate on the chassis and Explosive Reactive Armour (ERA). the 125mm main gun is not fitted with a auto loader, so the Al-Zarrar has a fourth crew member for this purpose. the army has ordered 400 upgraded tanks of the holding of some 1,000 tanks with the remainder being phased out. the first batch of 80 was handed over in 2004 with further deliveries at the rate of 50 per year.

Why inducting T-84 while HIT is supposedly making Al-Khalid and Al-Zarrar? On one side, they claim to make their own tanks, and offerring them to other countries, on the other hand, still buying foreign tanks! I am little confused here :cheesy: It makes sense if we are buying something considerably better than MBT2000. But, T-84 is not very much advance than T-80UD in our inventory. Infact, except for the frst 50 or so T-80UD we received, the rest already have some T-84 features. We are already using the same engine (of T-80UD) in MBT2000, why not to expand the cooperation with Ukraine to induct more sophisticated electronics, electro-optical active protection suites, reactive armor etc. in the Al-Khalid? BTW, are these T-84 Oplot or T-84-120 Yatagan we are talking about?

Hi,

Ukraine could have been one of our biggestr arms supplier----the only problem that both of us had was the shortage of cash----pakistan didnot have cash upfront to pay for things----ukraine didnot have the money / banks to fund the projects---that was in the late 90 and early 2000. Pakistan still needs money from other sources to fund their purchases---otherwise---ukraine would have had a bigger share of the pakistani millitary purchase.

atleaset we have buyed il 76 from them i hope in future we get buk air defence system from them which is high altitude air defence system which pakistan lacks

Bangladesh Army will be buying or possible locally producing the T-84 Yatagan. Discussions began in 2006~2007 and the MBTs will be delivered after all existing MBTs are heavily upgraded. The first batch will consist of 50x T-84 Yatagan MBTs.

Gentelmen,once i heard that the auto loader of the T-80 series can cut off the gunner's arm.is this true?got any info about this?

So the design,placement of the reload mech. and the comfort of the crew are not important?
it just cuts...hmm interesting :)

i think T-84ud is a nice hunk..... and equal good as T-90s BHISHMA. m i right haider??. but u should hav engine technology too, because then u can equipped indegenious engine in yr al khalid too. would anybody tell me who is better between AL-KHALID and T-84UD.

it is for sale to friendly countries ...i dont think israel will ever sell it to muslim country

Markava is good tank but Pak army don't need that heavy class, need lots of logistic support,logistic nightmare. Imagine a dead Markava move from war zone. Plus south asia is more active zone for the latest weapons. Markava couldn't stand Hizbo wire guided, so imagine what Pak-India has in their inventory.

Actually Merkava performed fairly well against Hezbollah's Anti-Tank missiles. It took several hits to take out the Merkava. The entire Israeli strategy was wrong.

But Israel learned its lesson as seen in the 2009 Gaza War.

1980041_10200948979206533_6776494014681255390_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom