What's new

Maj. Abid Majeed (Shaheed) May 19, 09--- Operation Rah-e-Rast (Swat)

brilTek

Reaction score
Aey puttar hattaan tey nahi wikdaey

May ALLAH shower his blessings on his soul & fmaily.......And all other shaheeds who sacrificed their lives for PAKISTAN for our better tomorrow.....ameen

(arabic verse) Inna Lillah Hey Wah Inna Elayhee Rajeeon...Ameen

Major Abid Majeed Malik, who embraced Shahadat during operation Rah-e-Rast near Matta (Swat) on May 18th, 2009 during his heroic bid to evacuate his injured comrades in arm. Thats at what our army stands out from the rest. I salue you sir! :pakistan:

After the burial, Corps Commander Lahore, Lieutenant General Ijaz Ahmed Bakhshi laid floral wreath on behalf of Chief of Army Staff, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani.

The Shaheed was commissioned in the Punjab Regiment on October 12, 1997. He leaves behind a widow and two minor children. Major Abid Majeed Malik was laid to rest besides the permanent abode of his late father Lieutenant Colonel (retired) Abdul Majeed.

Major Abid’s mother said her son made her a proud. “My sons have saved the country from terrorists. One has adorned martyrdom, while the other is a Ghazi,” said the proud mother. Her son Major Khalid suffered injuries during the war with the terrorists.
Ishrat, wife of Major Abid, said her husband wanted to adorn Shahadat, and the Almighty had fulfilled his wish.

Courtesy: The Nation, AFP

The funeral was taken place on May 20th, 2009 morning at 10am near Shaheedanwala graveyard, Lahore.

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 398
  • image-1.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 388
  • image-2.jpg
    image-2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 433
  • image-3.jpg
    image-3.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 400
  • image 4.jpg
    image 4.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 354
Last edited:
^^Anyone have more info. abt Maj. Abid Majeed (shaheed) or pics ..... please contribute...thnx

He was laid to rest next to his father's grave who was a Colonel in Pakistan Army.

My eyes are filled with tears - I am speechless!

He belonged to 19th Punjab Regt.
Punjab Regt Zindabad!
Pakistan Forever!

He was laid to rest next to his father's grave who was a Colonel in Pakistan Army.

Courtesy: Jang Newspaper May 21st, 09

Core Commander Lahore Lt. General Ejaz Ahmed Chisti saluting the martyr.

Attachments

• Lt.Gen Ijaz ahmed Bakshi.jpg
    Lt.Gen Ijaz ahmed Bakshi.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 286
IS SHAHEED KO SALAAM

Such stories of valour are now part of our History too -

Major Udai Singh has developed a comprehensive schedule to demolish the intelligence and logistics network being provided to the terrorist by the Over Ground Workers in the general area in Rajouri District of Jammu and Kashmir. The officer commenced operations by launching a search and destroy operation in the general area at 0300hrs on 29th November 2003. The team physically reconnoitered the thickly forested area. At 1745hrs, in fading light, when the officer was leading his team to lay an ambush, the party suddenly came face to face with a group of terrorist who were approaching from higher ground at a close range of 10 meters. During the deadly fire fight that ensued, the officer sustained gun shot wound in the neck, while his buddy sustained multiple gun shot wounds. Displaying extraordinary courage, with utter disregard to personal safety, the officer continued to close in with the terrorists, killing one terrorist and wounding another. Major Udai Singh then helped extricating his fatally injured buddy before succumbing to his injuries.

Major Udai Singh displayed indomitable courage and exemplary leadership in fighting the terrorist and making the supreme sacrifice.

we have a common enemy now for the sake of our future generations let us realise this

SORRY ....BUT MY INTENTION IS NOT TO DIVERT FROM THIS SOMBRE AND SERIOUS TOPIC.

HOWEVER I COULD NOT BUT REACT WHEN I SAW PUNJAB REGIMENT.....THIS MUST BE UNIQUE SITUATION WHERE SOLDIERS OF THE SAME REGIMENT AND TRADITIONS ARE IN FACT DADLY ENEMIES ( HOPE NOT FOR EVER )-

The Punjab Regiment of India was formed from the 2nd Punjab Regiment of the British Indian Army in 1947

Prior to independence and partition there were a number of "Punjab regiments" in its fold these were amalgamated to form two regiments: the 1st Punjab Regiment, and the 2nd. At the onset of independence in 1947, the 1st Punjab Regiment being predominantly a Muslim regiment went over to the newly-raised Pakistan army, while the 2nd Punjab Regiment was retained in the Indian Army.

There were transfers of troops between the regiments and other regiments the Punjab Regiment is one of the oldest in the Indian Army. It traces its origins to 1761 when the first battalion was raised at Trichinopoly as Madras Native Infantry with South Indian troops. The first four battalions of what later became the 2nd Punjab Regiment and finally the Punjab Regiment, were raised during the hostilities in the Carnatic in south India between 1761 and 1776. The numbers and titles of the battalions changed during the successive reorganisations of the Madras Presidency Army and later of the Indian Army during the 18th, 19th and 20th Centuries. The names changed from Coast Sepoys to Carnatic Infantry to Madras Native Infantry. After 1857, the British applied the Martial Races theory and north Indian troops replaced the thambis, the regiment eventually being renamed as The Punjab Regiment.

The 1st Battalion of the 2nd Punjab Regiment (now the Punjab Regiment of the Indian Army) initially formed part of the 44 (later 2nd) Indian Airborne Division in an airborne role on the disbandment of the Indian Parachute Regiment in 1946. The unit retained the Punjab Regt uniform except donning the maroon beret, the qualification wings and allied insignias of the airborne. In 1952, when the Parachute Regiment was raised and a Regimental Centre formed, 1st Punjab, became the 1st Bn of the Parachute Regiment and known as the 1st Bn, the Parachute Regiment (Punjab) and retained the same and the regimental shoulder titles till as late as 1960.

In 1951, four battle experienced battalions of the former princely states of Punjab, joined the Regiment. These were a battalion each from the Jind and Nabha State Forces and the First and Second Battalions of Patiala Infantry. They are now designated as the 13, 14, 15 and 16 Punjab. Additional battalions were raised since 1963. In recent years, the Punjab Regiment has contributed towards UN Peacekeeping Operations by sending two of its battalion overseas i.e. in Gaza and Angola (3 and 14 Punjab respectively). The Regimental Centre was first raised at Loralai and was shifted to Multan in 1922, Meerut in 1929 and its present location in Ramgharh, Bihar in 1976.

• Regimental Battalions:
3rd Battalion
9th Battalion
13th Battalion (former State Forces unit)
14th Battalion (former State Forces unit)
15th Battalion (former State Forces unit)
16th Battalion (former State Forces unit)
17th Battalion
18th Battalion
19th Battalion
20th Battalion
21st Battalion
22nd Battalion
23rd Battalion
24th Battalion
25th Battalion
26th Battalion
27th Battalion
28th Battalion
29th Battalion
102 Infantry Battalion (TA) Punjab
150 Infantry Battalion (TA) Punjab
156 Infantry Battalion (TA) (H&H) Punjab
7th Bn Rashtriya Rifles Punjab
22nd Bn Rashtriya Rifles Punjab
53rd Bn Rashtriya Rifles Punjab

Apart from the above battalions, the following were also affiliated to the Regiment at one time or the other. • 1st Battalion --------> 1 Para (Special Forces) • 2nd Battalion --------> 1 Guards (Mechanized) • 4th Battalion --------> Disbanded in 1938 [1] • 8th Battalion --------> Disbanded after World War II • 10th Battalion -------> Regimental Centre

Battle of Longewala

During the Battle of Longewala, 'A' company (reinforced), 23rd Battalion, with about 120 soldiers, survived an assault by a Brigade of the Pakistani Army. The battle was fought at the desert border post of Longewala. The unit fought during the last three hours of the night of December 5th, 1971 unsupported as the Indian Air Force aircraft did not have night attack capabilities. The company commander, Major (later Brigadier) Kuldip Singh Chandpuri, was decorated with the Maha Vir Chakra, the second highest gallantry award in India.

Regimental Insignia

The regiment is perhaps the only infantry regiment with naval Galley as an insignia, anywhere. It was awarded to 69th Punjabis (later 2nd Punjab) in recognition of the readiness to serve overseas, after the battalion had fought in eight overseas campaigns by 1824.

thanks for info

it helps to understand enemy and the udhar which we have to return :)

Asalamualaikum Brothers and Sisters,

Major Abid Majeed was my first cousin (Son of my uncle). I just wanted to request that you all please pray for him and his family. I just met his sister and wife on Monday (the day he was martyred) and they are in need of prayers and patience at this testing time. Tomorrow it is Friday (Jummah) I would kindly request that you all please ask the imam's at your local mosques to make a speacial prayer for my cousin, that Allah may grant him paradise and the status of a Shaheed Inshallah.

May we all be guided onto the straight path.

Asalaualaikum,

Waqqas Awan

Asalamualaikum Brothers and Sisters,

Major Abid Majeed was my first cousin (Son of my uncle). I just wanted to request that you all please pray for him and his family. I just met his sister and wife on Monday (the day he was martyred) and they are in need of prayers and patience at this testing time. Tomorrow it is Friday (Jummah) I would kindly request that you all please ask the imam's at your local mosques to make a speacial prayer for my cousin, that Allah may grant him paradise and the status of a Shaheed Inshallah.

May we all be guided onto the straight path.

Asalaualaikum,

Waqqas Awan

Allah shaheed Major Abid ko Janatul Firdoos main jaga atta farmaey aur us kay parents ko sabar e jameel ata farmaey ,
Ameen

Last edited by a moderator:
Any chance that this thread and others like it can be merged to the "Martyrs" sticky? That would allow all here to see the accumulated stories on these fine men in one location.:pakistan:

Thanks.

the 1st Punjab Regiment being predominantly a Muslim regiment went over to the newly-raised Pakistan army,

my late father belonged to the 1st Punjab Regt. in 1947 he was a Lt. he stayed with the regiment until 1956 attaining the rank of Major before the 1st Punjab was merged and he was transferred to the 5th Punjab regt - the Sherdils or Lionhearts.

Back
Top Bottom