What's new

Maj. Gen. Fazal Muqeem Khan, "Sikhs are very brave."

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's scary how good the Brits are at totally demoralizing and fracturing a people to serve their own ends. If only the Americans listened to them in Iraq, they wouldn't be in this mess.

Yup, they did it all over the world. Pitting tribes against each other in Africa. Pitting empires in India against each other. British attack out of Bengal when the Mughals were losing large amounts of land and power to the Marathas. British attacked when India was in complete total war again. Many factions springed all over India after the Mughals declined. Marathas being the biggest. British just beat one by one and allied with the rest. British took down the Marathas, Mysore, Sikh, etc states. And allied with factions like rajputs and made the small Mughal empire their puppets. At the same time pitting themselves against each other.

And we dumb Indians fell for it! I am sure majority of the East India military were made up of sepoys(Indians)!!

And the fact some Indian believe in this "martial race" thing is a SHAME! All the martial race were fighting with the British to keep British India. When the Bengalis rebeled they were not considered a "martial race" any more.

Last edited:
Yup, they did it all over the world. Pitting tribes against each other in Africa. Pitting empires in India against each other. British attack out of Bengal when the Mughals were losing large amounts of land and power to the Marathas. British attacked when India was in complete total war again. Many factions springed all over India after the Mughals declined. Marathas being the biggest. British just beat one by one and allied with the rest. British took down the Marathas, Mysore, Sikh, etc states. And allied with factions like rajputs and made the small Mughal empire their puppets. At the same time pitting themselves against each other.

And we dumb Indians fell for it! I am sure majority of the East India military were made up of sepoys(Indians)!!

And the fact some Indian believe in this "martial race" thing is a SHAME! All the martial race were fighting with the British to keep British India. When the Bengalis rebeled they were not considered a "martial race" any more.

But you really have to admire them in a Machiavellian way. They were very very good at empire.

I also suspect that India would not exist as a modern nation state if not for the British.

I also suspect that India would not exist as a modern nation state if not for the British.

This is true. Republic of India wouldnt exist. Because the British fueled the Indian nationalism to another level in the end. And helped Indians unite 100s and 100s of different groups from all over the Indian subcontinent.
They were very very good at empire.

I can also admire Japanese empire and Nazis too. In some ways too.:tup:

Last edited:
This is true. Republic of India would exist. Because the British fueled the Indian nationalism to another level in the end. And helped unite 100s and 100s of different groups from all over the Indian subcontinent.

I agree, as weird as it is to say. Modern India owns the British a debt for make it what it is.

I can also admire Japanese empire and Nazis too. In some ways too.:tup:

I beg to differ on this point though. Both the Japanese empire and the Nazis had unrealistic strategic goals and over-extended themselves. They were flashes in the pan compared to Britannia's 200 year empire.

I beg to differ on this point though. Both the Japanese empire and the Nazis had unrealistic strategic goals and over-extended themselves. They were flashes in the pan compared to Britannia's 200 year empire.

"I can also admire Japanese empire and Nazis too. In some ways too."

Not the fact it didn't last long.

I agree, as weird as it is to say. Modern India owns the British a debt for make it what it is.

I am sure Indians didnt have nothing to do with it....... British thought India would disintegrated in 30 some years. We had every thing working against us. Large population, 3rd world country, dirt poor, national average of 70%+ that are illiterate,thousands of languages, hundreds of ethnic groups, many different religions and cultures. Sir India is a miracle! The fact we didn't disintegrate into many different countries is because of Indians not the British.

Last edited:
Punjabis, Puktoons and Baluch are martial race they are bound to be hot headded and brave!

Maj. Gen. Fazal Muqeem Khan, author of book "Pakistan's Crisis of Leadership"

Subject: Portrait of Bravery

He wrote about the bravery of the Sikh soldiers during the Indo-Pak war. Here are some excerpts:

“The major reason for our defeat are Sikhs. We are simply unable to do anything before them despite our best efforts. They are very daring people and are fond of martyrdom. They fight courageously and are capable of defeating an army much bigger than them.”

On 3rd December 1971 we fiercely and vigorously attacked the Indian army with infantry brigade near Hussainiwala border. This brigade included Pakistan army’s Punjab regiment together with the Baloch regiment. Within minutes we pushed the Indian army quite far back. Their defense posts fell under our control. The Indian army was retreating back very fast and the Pakistani army was going forward with great speed.

Our army reached near Kausre-Hind post (Kasure). There was small segment of Indian army appointed to defend that post and their soldiers belonged to the Sikh Regiment. A few number of the Sikh Regiment stopped our way forward like an iron wall. They greeted us with the ovation (Slogan) of ‘Bolé-so-Nihal’ and attacked us like bloodthirsty, hungry lions and hawks. All these soldiers were Sikhs. There was even a dreadful hand-to-hand battle. The sky filled with roars of ‘Yaa Ali and Sat Sri Akal’. Even in this hand-to-hand fighting the Sikhs fought so bravely that all our desires, aspirations and dreams were shattered.

In this war Lt. Col. Gulab Hussain was killed. With him Maj. Mohammed Zaeef and Capt. Arif Alim also died. It was difficult to count the number of soldiers who got killed. We were astonished to see the courage of those, handful of Sikh soldiers. When we seized the possession of the three-story defense post of concrete, the Sikh soldiers went onto the roof and kept on persistently opposing us. The whole night they kept on showering fires on us and continued shouting the loud ovation of ‘Sat Sri Akal’. These Sikh soldiers kept on the encounter till next day. Next day the Pakistani tanks surrounded this post and bombed it with guns. Those, handful of Sikhs got martyred in this encounter while resisting us, but other Sikh soldiers then destroyed our tanks with the help of their artillery. Fighting with great bravery they kept on marching forward and thus our army lost its foothold.

Alas! A handful of Sikhs converted our great victory into big defeat and shattered our confidence and courage. The same thing happened with us in Dhaka, Bangladesh. In the battle of Jassur, the Singhs opposed the Pakistan army so fiercely that our backbone and our foothold were lost. This became the main important reason of our defeat; and Sikhs’ strength, safety and honour of the country, became the sole cause of their victory.

:cheers:

we fought ur army 3 times, and ur army is 3 times bigger than our army? so u should be able to defeat Pakistan 3 times faster but u cant why, we got Pakistani Punjabis, Puktoons and Baluch who will die anyday for Pak. have u forgotten 1965 10 Pakistani soldiers wrapped bombs around their bodies and got under indian tanks and destroyed everything, then india had to run away.

so its not Muslims,Siks,Hindus,Pak-indo, its all about courage and guts, so my friend u have any link? i can show u many indain books and movies which try to show that india is better?

I have read this story in News Paper

Once Indian PM Lal Bahadur Shastri told Pakistani President Ayub Khan that Don't Mess with us we have Sikhs , They Keep Their Brains Hot in 12 Hours In a day .

Ayub Khan Replied No problem We have Pathans , They Keep Their Brains Hot 24 Hours In a Day

Where is the link to original post, other wise this is useless thread .

I have read this story in News Paper

Once Indian PM Lal Bahadur Shastri told Pakistani President Ayub Khan that Don't Mess with us we have Sikhs , They Keep Their Brains Hot in 12 Hours In a day .

Ayub Khan Replied No problem We have Pathans , They Keep Their Brains Hot 24 Hours In a Day

Seriously overhyping groups of people... I would have just said we have the Indian army. Thats enough. :tup:

Yeah, umm.

New Delhi:

newdelhiskylineweb.jpg

Islamabad:

birdeyeviewofislamabad1.jpg

So this article is written by a Pakistani Major General!!

Who is using words like died or killed for fallen Pakistani soldiers and Martyrdom for Sikh soldiers!!! :lol:

Let me remind, Shahadat is the very concept of Islam and Muslims strictly use it for Muslims, though it has become a way of honoring the dead even among non-Muslims.

But if it was a Pakistani Major he would have used only Martyrdom for Pakistani soldiers and died or Martyrdom (to honor them) for Sikhs soldiers.

So this article is written by a Pakistani Major General!!

Who is using words like died or killed for fallen Pakistani soldiers and Martyrdom for Sikh soldiers!!! :lol:

Let me remind, Shahadat is the very concept of Islam and Muslims strictly use it for Muslims, though it has become a way of honoring the dead even among non-Muslims.

But if it was a Pakistani Major he would have used only Martyrdom for Pakistani soldiers and died or Martyrdom (to honor them) for Sikhs soldiers.

I dont think this article or news is valid either. This might be just trying stir something out of nothing. Every soldier died in the battle is a brave soul.

Mods should close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom