What's new

More women respected in Pakistan than India: Report

PakSher

Reaction score
NEW DELHI: Compared to India, a higher percentage of women in Pakistan feel they are treated with respect, says a United Nations Development Programme ( UNDP) report.

According to the report, 81 percent women in Pakistan are treated with respect as compared to 79 percent in India. Even Bangladesh - with 86 percent - fares better on this index than India.

The report, titled "The Real Wealth of Nations: Pathways to Human Development", had a global launch Thursday evening and is the 20th anniversary edition.

India's other neighbours - Sri Lanka and Nepal - however, have fewer women feeling that they are treated with dignity. In Sri Lanka, the percentage is 75 percent and in Nepal it is 44 percent.

When it comes to overall life satisfaction, however, India leads its neighbours.

This index was measured on a scale of 0-10 (0 being the least satisfied), on the basis of perceptions of individual well-being and happiness.

In this context, India scored 5.5 in overall life satisfaction. Pakistan scored 5.4, Bangladesh 5.3, Nepal 5.3 and Sri Lanka 4.7.

While a greater percentage of people in India were satisfied with the standard of living and personal health, when it comes to job satisfaction, fewer Indians said they were satisfied.

As compared to 86 percent respondents in Sri Lanka, 80 percent in Nepal, 76 percent in Bangladesh and 77 percent in Pakistan, only 74 percent people in India who are employed said they were satisfied with their jobs.

India ranks 119 on the Human Development Index (HDI) among 169 countries, the report said.

Read more: More women respected in Pakistan than India: Report - The Times of India More women respected in Pakistan than India: Report - The Times of India

More women respected in Pakistan than India: Report - The Times of India

and bharatis have guts to speak on our human rights, women rights, when their women themselves are not satisfied with bharatis

now i understood why sania bhabhi didnt marry a bharati :lol:

and bharatis have guts to speak on our human rights, women rights, when their women themselves are not satisfied with bharatis

now i understood why sania bhabhi didnt marry a bharati :lol:

Galees soch.....:tdown:

The multitude of uber powerful women, the likes of Sonia Gandhi, Mamta B, Pratibha Patil and Mayawati (a dalit lady) speaks enough towards our treatment of women.....

Its much better than societies where veiled women live in the shadow of men....where a section of society has become extreme enough to treat women like dirt!

Need I remind you of the recent **** of 2 women in your country that were humiliated not just by their aggressors but even the men who are meant to protect her......Watch where you throw that rock....man in the glass house!

http://www.thenews.com.pk/04-11-2010/peshawar/13656.htm

Very glad to hear that, :pakistan:
But sad to know about remaining 19% in Pakistan or 21% in India does not feel they are being respected duly

Galees soch.....:tdown:

The multitude of uber powerful women, the likes of Sonia Gandhi, Mamta B, Pratibha Patil and Mayawati (a dalit lady) speaks enough towards our treatment of women.....

Its much better than societies where veiled women live in the shadow of men....where a section of society has become extreme enough to treat women like dirt!

Need I remind you of the recent **** of 2 women in your country that were humiliated not just by their aggressors but even the men who are meant to protect her......Watch where you throw that rock....man in the glass house!

2 raped trainee nurses expelled from KTH hostel

u r telling me women arnt raped in india, infact the goras are prefered to be raped in your country :bounce::bounce::lol::lol:

u r telling me women arnt raped in india, infact the goras are prefered to be raped in your country :bounce::bounce::lol::lol:

Your crass remarks are much expected.....

What makes the Peshawar case so interesting that the **** of the women wasnt traumatic enough psychologically, that the hostel (associated with an education institute mind you) decided to wash the problem off their hands by expelling the women....
Yeah I see a lot of "respect" being showered here...

Anyways....if the point hasnt dawned on you yet, it is that the difference of a few % points in such statistics is of insignificance....
The state of women of SA in general is pathetic....so no need to pop the champagne bottle...
Work towards bettering this rather than thinking your problems are over since youre better than India....LOL!

it's TOI, ppl. they are just lying to make name for themselves.

NEW DELHI: Compared to India, a higher percentage of women in Pakistan feel they are treated with respect, says a United Nations Development Programme ( UNDP) report.

According to the report, 81 percent women in Pakistan are treated with respect as compared to 79 percent in India. Even Bangladesh - with 86 percent - fares better on this index than India.

The report, titled "The Real Wealth of Nations: Pathways to Human Development", had a global launch Thursday evening and is the 20th anniversary edition.

India's other neighbours - Sri Lanka and Nepal - however, have fewer women feeling that they are treated with dignity. In Sri Lanka, the percentage is 75 percent and in Nepal it is 44 percent.

When it comes to overall life satisfaction, however, India leads its neighbours.

This index was measured on a scale of 0-10 (0 being the least satisfied), on the basis of perceptions of individual well-being and happiness.

In this context, India scored 5.5 in overall life satisfaction. Pakistan scored 5.4, Bangladesh 5.3, Nepal 5.3 and Sri Lanka 4.7.

While a greater percentage of people in India were satisfied with the standard of living and personal health, when it comes to job satisfaction, fewer Indians said they were satisfied.

As compared to 86 percent respondents in Sri Lanka, 80 percent in Nepal, 76 percent in Bangladesh and 77 percent in Pakistan, only 74 percent people in India who are employed said they were satisfied with their jobs.

India ranks 119 on the Human Development Index (HDI) among 169 countries, the report said.

Read more: More women respected in Pakistan than India: Report - The Times of India More women respected in Pakistan than India: Report - The Times of India

More women respected in Pakistan than India: Report - The Times of India

satisfaction, "feeling respected" are intangible measures. a freedom for a women in east would still seem like imprisonment for cosmopolitan women. its not an absolute measure esp when traditions and customs change a lot, comparing pak and afghanistan may be more apples to apples as they have similar or more similar traditions (islamic) Indian traditions differ a lot, though freedom for women is a general problem to some extent through out indian subcontinent..

Your crass remarks are much expected.....

What makes the Peshawar case so interesting that the **** of the women wasnt traumatic enough psychologically, that the hostel (associated with an education institute mind you) decided to wash the problem off their hands by expelling the women....
Yeah I see a lot of "respect" being showered here...

Anyways....if the point hasnt dawned on you yet, it is that the difference of a few % points in such statistics is of insignificance....
The state of women of SA in general is pathetic....so no need to pop the champagne bottle...
Work towards bettering this rather than thinking your problems are over since youre better than India....LOL!

apne zehniyat to dekho, what makes the case interesting??, you mean interesting, i mean it more disgusting, ofcourse if the story is true, there need to be more details as to why the ladies were expelled, btw it was ghalazat of you who brought the topic of **** and all such thing..

no body is poping the champagne bottle, what i think is, indians give examples every day of how bad pakistan is and india being so-called biggest democracy in the world must be better taking care of its women, and because it is an 'islamic republic' it treates women in a humiliating manner whaich bharat never will, so i was just refering to that manner, that the facts actually reflect the opposite of it..

bharatis always point pakistani society being male chauvinistic and which 'forces' women to weal veil or hijab or niqab, so my point is, the article proves other wise..

Is TOI ka bhi beech beech mai deemak gharab ho jata hai? Ladai ka masaala deta rehta hai.:angry:

How did he get the figures, especially of Respect of women in the two countries???

I could understand the comparison between two states of India, but this is ridiculous.

please dont post articles from ToI(let) media..their thinking and mentality is like their name..hootin and whistling at women is as obvious in India, Pakistan egypt etc etc as anywhere else!

In any scenario Indians loose to Pakistan, they stop winning. We should learn from our mistakes and help improve our societies. What I see is Indians will defend India even for negative issues.

In any scenario Indians loose to Pakistan, they stop winning. We should learn from our mistakes and help improve our societies. What I see is Indians will defend India even for negative issues.

lol... This report doesn't mention that pakistan is ranked 125 in terms of HDI, BD 129, nepal 138 & SL 91. They should have mentioned it since they were so keen on mentioning India's.

Back
Top Bottom