What's new

My pledge of loyalty to Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.

53fd

New Recruit

Reaction score
As many people here know, I am the son of 'Mohajir' parents. My paternal grandparents came to Pakistan with my Dad in 1947 when he was 3, & have never looked back. Despite being from the 'Mohajir' group, as well as being 'Shia', Pakistan has given my family (my grandparents as well as parents) every chance to succeed without discrimination. I am proud of Pakistan in ways I can't explain, for giving my family members to represent it on all levels. My family started off from extremely modest beginnings in Bihar, India; & despite the fact that my family was highly educated, we would be classified as lower-middle class. Today, my dad's older brother is a Lt-General, my cousin's husband (who was originally an Afghan from Kandahar, but moved to Pakistan) is a Major General in the Army. Some of my dad's other cousins have been former ambassadors to other countries as well. One of my dad's brother is a highly reputable doctor, & the other one is the GM of a big company. The details are not meant to boast the achievements of my family, but to highlight how much Pakistan has given to me & my family, & how much we are indebted to it. These are my own personal experiences, & everyone might have differing ones.

If Pakistan isn't doing that well these days, I feel it is personally my fault somewhere, & I would like to personally apologize to everyone (including my fellow Pakistanis who feel Pakistan has let them down) on behalf of my country. Insult me all you want, but please don't insult my country: a humble request. My country is my mother to me, I do not want others to disrespect it, I want to struggle for it, & make it a better place. If it does not get better, it is my fault as much as it is everyone else's. I do not like the term 'Mohajir' used by haters, Pakistan is my homeland, & I could never think of anything else as my home. It is the place where I took my first breath, & hopefully my last one as well.

Hey dude why you start these apology threads every now and then ...and dont worry about those ignorant peoples who call you muhajir in bad sense. we know stupid peoples exist on boht side of borders and we don't have any doubt about your loyalty with pakistan and remember blind nationalists are not true patriots and you dont need to explain anything to them

Bilhal bhai, tum sachi mein meray sat ek trip plan karo Pakistan mein. Jo bhi tumari ghalat soch hain, main tumaray saat door kardun ga. Har Pakistani ka farz banta hein, ke hum apni mulak ki behtari kar'ein. Tumarhi rishtey'darun ne boht kia hain, bur abb tumara bi wakht aya hain. App ek gao(village) main water pump liga dein, to so-che kitnay lokh app keh liye dawaah karan gey. Yakeen kar, hum pardesi upne mulak ki liye bohat kutch kar sak tey hain.

Bilhal bhai, tum sachi mein meray sat ek trip plan karo Pakistan mein. Jo bhi tumari ghalat soch hain, main tumaray saat door kardun ga. Har Pakistani ka farz banta hein, ke hum apni mulak ki behtari kar'ein. Tumarhi rishtey'darun ne boht kia hain, bur abb tumara bi wakht aya hain. App ek gao(village) main water pump liga dein, to so-che kitnay lokh app keh liye dawaah karan gey. Yakeen kar, hum pardesi upne mulak ki liye bohat kutch kar sak tey hain.

Well said, but my original post was more in light of the negative media coverage Pakistan is getting these days, both inside Pakistan as well as in the Western media. I wrote this post to counter the propaganda/bad image both Pakistanis & people of other nations have associated Pakistan with.

Well said, but my original post was more in light of the media coverage Pakistan is getting, both inside Pakistan as well as the US. I wrote this post to counter the negative propaganda/bad image both Pakistanis & people of other nations have associated Pakistan with these days.

Man, I have nothing against Muhajirs from India, or Pashtuns. If you think about it, both groups are Muhajirs that have settled in a huge Pakistani city that belongs to Sindhis. I hate MQM, but that in no way reflects how I feel about emigrants from India. We are Muslim, and we are all equal. What we ALL need to do is put an end to corruption. Whether it comes from the government, MQM gangsters, or the Pastun mafia.

Billal bhai- kya ho jata hai tumhein aik dam?-

For an Indian, the term 'Mohajir' is somewhat difficult to comprehend. I mean partition happened so many decades ago that only the old remember it and they were just kids then, so even they do not remember very much. Generations have been born in independent India and for them partition is a historical event like the Battle of Plassey of 1757 or the Rebellion of 1857, only not as ancient. We read about it, we see the momentous event picturised in movies. There is some curiosity about the partition but no real interest, not unless one is a historian. It is an event way back in the past, the right or wrong of it does not matter, it is over and done with and can't be undone.

We are aware, we have been told that millions migrated to India during the partition. Mostly Hindus, also many Sikhs. People streamed in both from the west and the east. We have heard that massive refugee camps were established at many places to accommodate these displaced people. We have been told all these things but we have not seen any evidence of these mass migrations. Where did all these people go? Who are they? Yes we know of some people who came from Pakistan in 1947 but had they themselves not announced that fact, we would not have known.
Therein lies the crux of the matter. The people who came from Pakistan and their children have been absorbed into the population so well, their assimilation has been so seamless that they have stopped being a separate entity long ago. What has caused this assimilation to happen so well? Was it that they were made to feel welcome in their new home? Was it that they had a very strong desire to get assimilated as soon as possible? Maybe both? The fact remains that the migrants from Pakistan have vanished, totally merged with the general population of India.

That is why the word Mohajir is a concept somewhat difficult for us Indians to comprehend since we do not have any equivalent word here, even though partition happened to both the countries. The word Mohajir reminds us of partition which is a historical event most Indians do not actively relate to. We have moved on long ago.

The word belongs to another era. It is an anachronism. The sooner the word vanishes from the Pakistani vocabulary the better for Pakistan.

Not my intention to hurt any feelings. Just my thoughts of the subject. This is not a troll please.

Here goes our bilalhaider again on mission pak, friend you don't need to re-issue patriotic statements to confirm ur loyalty.

You are a patriotic pakistani no doubt about it.

For an Indian, the term 'Mohajir' is somewhat difficult to comprehend. I mean partition happened so many decades ago that only the old remember it and they were just kids then, so even they do not remember very much. Generations have been born in independent India and for them partition is a historical event like the Battle of Plassey of 1757 or the Rebellion of 1857, only not as ancient. We read about it, we see the momentous event picturised in movies. There is some curiosity about the partition but no real interest, not unless one is a historian. It is an event way back in the past, the right or wrong of it does not matter, it is over and done with and can't be undone.

We are aware, we have been told that millions migrated to India during the partition. Mostly Hindus, also many Sikhs. People streamed in both from the west and the east. We have heard that massive refugee camps were established at many places to accommodate these displaced people. We have been told all these things but we have not seen any evidence of these mass migrations. Where did all these people go? Who are they? Yes we know of some people who came from Pakistan in 1947 but had they themselves not announced that fact, we would not have known.
Therein lies the crux of the matter. The people who came from Pakistan and their children have been absorbed into the population so well, their assimilation has been so seamless that they have stopped being a separate entity long ago. What has caused this assimilation to happen so well? Was it that they were made to feel welcome in their new home? Was it that they had a very strong desire to get assimilated as soon as possible? Maybe both? The fact remains that the migrants from Pakistan have vanished, totally merged with the general population of India.

That is why the word Mohajir is a concept somewhat difficult for us Indians to comprehend since we do not have any equivalent word here, even though partition happened to both the countries. The word Mohajir reminds us of partition which is a historical event most Indians do not actively relate to. We have moved on long ago.

The word belongs to another era. It is an anachronism. The sooner the word vanishes from the Pakistani vocabulary the better for Pakistan.

Not my intention to hurt any feelings. Just my thoughts of the subject. This is not a troll please.

I think the answer lies in the thory of "us" and "they".

India is there for last 10,000 years but pakistan was newly formed nation so people of that nation develop loyalty at the basis of religion/region a common religion/ethnic people claims "us" and others/outsiders becomes "they".

In the hate for India everything that belongs to former India becomes taboo for some people not all but for some people.

Bilal's a true patriot and true nationalist.

the power is in your hands, always it's good to keep our holy nation and her interests at heart.

Be ware, Bill. I've known other Pakistanis who made similar or greater pledges - and later felt compelled to break them. Today they are Bangladeshis.

Bilalbhai chill out. We are all Mohajirs. some can claim ancestry in this blessed region longer than others so what? We all love Pakistan.

As many people here know, I am the son of 'Mohajir' parents. My paternal grandparents came to Pakistan with my Dad in 1947 when he was 3, & have never looked back. Despite being from the 'Mohajir' group, as well as being 'Shia', Pakistan has given my family (my grandparents as well as parents) every chance to succeed without discrimination. I am proud of Pakistan in ways I can't explain, for giving my family members to represent it on all levels. My family started off from extremely modest beginnings in Bihar, India; & despite the fact that my family was highly educated, we would be classified as lower-middle class. Today, my dad's older brother is a Lt-General, my cousin's husband (who was originally an Afghan from Kandahar, but moved to Pakistan) is a Major General in the Army. Some of my dad's other cousins have been former ambassadors to other countries as well. One of my dad's brother is a highly reputable doctor, & the other one is the GM of a big company. The details are not meant to boast the achievements of my family, but to highlight how much Pakistan has given to me & my family, & how much we are indebted to it. These are my own personal experiences, & everyone might have differing ones.

If Pakistan isn't doing that well these days, I feel it is personally my fault somewhere, & I would like to personally apologize to everyone (including my fellow Pakistanis who feel Pakistan has let them down) on behalf of my country. Insult me all you want, but please don't insult my country: a humble request. My country is my mother to me, I do not want others to disrespect it, I want to struggle for it, & make it a better place. If it does not get better, it is my fault as much as it is everyone else's. I do not like the term 'Mohajir' used by haters, Pakistan is my homeland, & I could never think of anything else as my home. It is the place where I took my first breath, & hopefully my last one as well.

Very nice and moving.. :tup:

For the record, I do not feel the need to pledge my loyalty towards Pakistan. Secondly, with all the propaganda being generated about Pakistan these days both in the local & Western medias, I always want to counter that negative image being portrayed against Pakistan. I have no doubt the transition of 'Mohajirs' from Pakistan to India has been seamless, it has been just the same from India to Pakistan. My family is an example of that. Even my paternal grandparents faced no hardships. There have been many top leaders (Musharraf), Army people, people in all fields of life that were 'Mohajirs'. The term 'Mohajir' isn't prevalent in India as it is in Pakistan, because the term 'Mohajir' has a special Islamic significance: when the 'Mohajirs' left Madina for Makkah, they were greeted with open arms by the hosts, the 'Ansars'. They were not made to feel any differently. Look at Pakistan today, the top positions in all fields of life are filled by 'Mohajirs' (along with Punjabis & Pashtuns). This is what Pakistan has given me, transformed my family from lower-middle class to a much better one (not trying to sound condescending), & I am extremely grateful for Pakistan for it. I do not need to prove my loyalty to anyone, but I feel we need to reaffirm our love for Pakistan from time to time, especially when our country is faced with so many challenges, from domestically & internationally. If any of you don't like the emotions in my post, or misconstrue it to think I have to prove my loyalty, that's really not I was going for. Pakistan is just as an old land as India is. The 'Mohajirs' such as my paternal grandparents, or my mother might have had to 're-adjust', but I do not think of myself as a 'Mohajir' (or does anyone else I know), I just use the term for clarification purposes. 'Mohajirs' are only 8% of the population though, so most of the people of Pakistan are native to the land, been there for centuries. We are termed 'Urdu speakers', & the 'Mohajir' term is virtually becoming extinct (even though there is nothing wrong with it, looking at it from the Islamic context), since the MQM changed from 'Mohajir Qaumi Movement' to 'Muttahida Qaumi Movement' ages ago. The talk of India being thousands of years old, & Pakistan being 63 is frankly speaking BS, come visit Pakistan sometime, & see how the centuries old traditions are still being maintained in Pakistan, whether that is the Sufis in Southern Punjab, the yatrees in Sikhism in Punjab, the Hindu rituals in Sindh etc.

Bilal's a true patriot and true nationalist.

the power is in your hands, always it's good to keep our holy nation and her interests at heart.

Exactly, the power is in our hands to make or break Pakistan. If things aren't going right, we have to start by looking at ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom