What's new

Myanmar moves army to Bangladesh border

Burma will not attack. War lead massive casuality and heavy money crisis. I don't think that Burma has enough money to indulged in war or win a war.

And as i read correctly the Burmese army has put some thousand army near BD border. I think BD is looking into the issue and they will observing the situation.

There is not going to be a war , Period

Both India and China have made massive investment in Natural Gas assets in Myanmar , and they are not going to allow any damages to their investment
coz these have become critical due to sanctions against Iran

We should try our best to maintain good relations with Myanmar. We should extend and intensify our cooperation with them and I don't think it will be hard. We need them as friends. In case our mutual relationship with India deteriorates Myanmar would be there as the only door open to outside world.

There is not going to be a war , Period

Both India and China have made massive investment in Natural Gas assets in Myanmar , and they are not going to allow any damages to their investment
coz these have become critical due to sanctions against Iran

Thanks for the common prediction. We don't want war for no reason. But what do you think we should do after the insane Burmese Generals order to deploy troops along the border? Doesn't that appear to be a threat toward Bangladesh? Shouldn't we prepare ourselves too?

We should try our best to maintain good relations with Myanmar.
Yes, but not in a submissive way of course!!

We should extend and intensify our cooperation with them and I don't think it will be hard. We need them as friends.

That depends on their willingness to cooperate. We have shown enough patience.

In case our mutual relationship with India deteriorates Myanmar would be there as the only door open to outside world.

Stop talking like a child. What are you, 10??

Till Hasina is in power Myanmar will never launch full scale attack on B'desh.... She has power full brother sitting on Delhi (Mr Singh).. By the way when the General election in there.....Or some B'desh general is playing some games.... need to dig into it.

Bangladesh is a friend and India will always choose BD over Myanmar. Burma's itch to mess with democratic BD will ensure end of dictatorship in Burma. People around the world and in New Delhi are waiting for any such blunder Burma could make.

Yes, but not in a submissive way of course!!

That depends on their willingness to cooperate. We have shown enough patience.

We should show more patience. If it looks like they are not willing to cooperate, we should still seek alternative honorable ways to make peace. Encounter should be sought as the last resort. Seeking peace doesn't not necessarily mean being submissive.

Stop talking like a child. What are you, 10??
Stop thinking like a child.

No amount of rants and raves on online forum would make things better.

BNP never militarily threatened Myanmar. Nor India mind you :oops:

That's not the point being made. I think he was pointing out that the present Bangladesh government has the "India" card to play vis-a vis Myanmar, which a BNP government may not. It is not even important whether or not India might intervene, there is simply no way any decision makers in Myanmar can rule that out as a factor especially considering PM Hasina's close relationship with the Indian government.

Mayanmar is much much more important strategically to India than BD...Myanmar is the highway to SE Asia...BD is just a swamp surrounded by India on almost all sides.

Dreams...!

One must think why Burma suddenly has territorial aspirations, who is helping them militarily, who is making in roads into it and investing in Burma.

Myanmar is highway to SE Asia for India, minus China?

We should try our best to maintain good relations with Myanmar. We should extend and intensify our cooperation with them and I don't think it will be hard. We need them as friends. In case our mutual relationship with India deteriorates Myanmar would be there as the only door open to outside world.

Now that is more measured understading. We need to trash those Apo asura like war mongers and pursue long term strategic interest.

Now that is more measured understading. We need to trash those Apo asura like war mongers and pursue long term strategic interest.

And forums like this one should be used to convey the right message to those thinking irresponsibly.

We should show more patience. If it looks like they are not willing to cooperate, we should still seek alternative honorable ways to make peace. Encounter should be sought as the last resort. Seeking peace doesn't not necessarily mean being submissive.

Stop thinking like a child.

No amount of rants and raves on online forum would make things better.

Yeah rite, keep showing more and more patience until you get your a$$ kicked so hard to get back to your senses. Look, peace and patience are something they don't give a damn thing about, since they don't understand any of these terms. I'm not advocating for a war, but what I'm trying to say is that we should not sacrifice our dignity and honor for your so-called peaceful alternatives and more than enough patience which would only symbolize nothing but our weakness.

Back
Top Bottom