What's new

National anthem of Pakistan.. ?

I do not think this is true, but regardless, here is what I found on Wikipedia. I know some people won't consider Wikipedia to be credible, but this was the quickest reference I could find.

Controversial previous national anthem claim

For the first time in 2004, it was claimed by an Indian journalist that the first national anthem of Pakistan was written by Jagan Nath Azad, a Hindu poet from Lahore, on the personal request of Muhammad Ali Jinnah.[7] It was alleged that Jinnah asked Azad to write the anthem on 11 August 1947 and that it was later approved by Jinnah as the official national anthem for the next year and a half.[8] However, this claim is historically unsubstantiated, disputed and controversial. Many historians, including Dr. Safdar Mahmood and Aqeel Abbas Jafri, reject this claim and believe that Jagan Nath Azad neither met Jinnah nor wrote Pakistan's first national anthem.[9][10] The fact that there is no historical documentary record of any such claim prior to 2004 also makes this claim dubious and doubtful.

According to this claim, Jagan Nath Azad is alleged to have said:

"The National anthem was written by me in five days time. It was too short time for me but I tried to do full justice to it keeping in mind the road map charted by Jinnah sahib for modern Pakistan. The national anthem was sent to Jinnah sahib who approved it in a few hours. It was sung for the first time on Pakistan radio, Karachi (which was the capital of Pakistan then). Meanwhile the situation in both east and west Punjab was becoming worse with every passing day and the same set of friends told me in September 1947 that even they would not be able to provide protection to me and that it would be better for me to migrate to India. I decided to migrate to this side. The song written by me continued to be the national anthem for one and a half years."

However, this claim is unsubstantiated as Radio Pakistan recordings and international broadcasting services of the time, such as the BBC, have no such records in their archives nor is there any evidence that this version of the anthem was ever played on Radio Pakistan. The claim seems dubious as Radio Pakistan, Karachi, was established in 1948 and did not exist in 1947. At independence, Pakistan only had three radio stations at Dhaka (established in 1939), Lahore (1937) and Peshawar (1936).[11] Another argument given against this claim is that Azad's alleged statement was taken at face value on the claim of an Indian journalist in 2004.[12] The claim is also discredited since Azad himself did not make any such claim in any of his published works.[13] If Azad had written Pakistan's first national anthem, he would have mentioned it somewhere in his published works, which he did not. A website created by Azad's son also claims that Azad was given the Presidential Iqbal Award by Pakistan in 1979 but the records from the Pakistan government do not authenticate this claim. Azad's son has also been unable to produce any documentary evidence to substantiate such a claim. Azad himself never claimed to have received any award from Pakistan during his lifetime.[12][14]

Qaum (Sorry the link's title isn't appearing properly in the post)

All these conspiracies are attempts to confuse our nation which is already confused about their identity...Lose your identity and you are nobody and you are dead...
The Natiuonal Anthem..The Flag..The Two nation theory..The 23rd march..The 14th August..Conspiracy theories have been cropping up about all these.

secular propaganda

abhi sunni ko shia se, musalman ko non musalman se lada diya gya hai, now national anthem peh bhi lade ge??

then thisidiot anchor forgot indian national anthem is not written by allam iqbal but robindernath tegore

idiot false propaganda media

I do not think this is true, but regardless, here is what I found on Wikipedia. I know some people won't consider Wikipedia to be credible, but this was the quickest reference I could find.

Qaum (Sorry the link's title isn't appearing properly in the post)

we all know that our media is under the influence of hindu zionist media of pakistan

all their source of information comes from indians rather than pakistanis

we all know that our media is under the influence of hindu zionist media of pakistan

all their source of information comes from indians rather than pakistanis

I don't know about that, there might be a possibility of it of course seeing as even the Western media is mostly controlled by the Jews.

As for all the different problems Pakistan is facing, I am really considering opening a thread for that. I have many suggestions that I think could benefit Pakistan, but in any case unless I happen to become Pakistan's first king :D I know that my suggestions will never be implemented.

Can anybody shed some light on this??

Truth About Pak National Anthem - YouTube

?? IF THIS IS TRUE.. WE SHOULD CHANGE OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM TO THE ONE CHOSEN BY QUAID E AZAM!

This is absolutely Rubish !! nonsense, this freak aftab iqbal is on payroll to distort history...

All fake, nothing proved.. Mr Azad never claimed such a thing in his lifetime, rumors erupted after his death.

Dr Safdar Mehmood's column explains it all Jagan Nath Azad did not write Pakistan’s first national anthem – by Dr Safdar Mehmood*|*LUBP

exactly and this guy Dr Safdar Mehmood is authority in subject of History... and this article was written after aftab iqbal's lies...

Dr. Safdar Mehmood, the leading authority on the Quaid, researched the matter, with docs and living people of that era, and disproved it.

Back
Top Bottom