What's new

Navy officers in dock for leaking info

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
New Delhi: A Naval Board of Inquiry has recommended action against four senior officers who were facing charges of allegedly possessing and leaking classified information through social networking websites.

Navy sources said a Board of Inquiry (BoI) was ordered against the four officers from the technical branch for allegedly possessing classified information on their personal computers.

In Video
Lady officer leads IAF contingent

They were also found to be allegedly sharing the information on social networking websites such as Facebook, which could have been seen by foreign nationals also.

They said the charges against the officers were found to be correct by the Board and it has now recommended action against them. The quantum of punishment recommended for these officers is not yet known.

However, the Navy spokesperson here refused to comment on the issue.

The inquiry was ordered by the Western Command in December after it suspected that information about service matters was being shared in open domain.

Navy had in the past issued guidelines to its officers and personnel against discussing any official information or identify their warships' location in public domain.

The Indian Armed Forces have been issuing circulars and guidelines for its officers and personnel against putting up any professional information on social networking websites.

PTI

It was about Time
I mean action should have been in March 2011 , when 2 of these idiots leaked the info about successful Test of 4000 Km range K4 SLBM , which is a more serious breach since the info was even picked up by online Defence sites

Also I would Like to confirm that some of the Info which i posted on PDF regarding Indian SSN Projects, I got it from one of these gentlemen

as I am in the facebook Friend List of one of the officers , and in facebook , all the info that you disclose is only accessible to your facebook Buddies , not every other person on the site
Also there are no chinese , Pakistanis or Americans on there friendlist
Though their is a French , Russian and 2 Israeli National on the list
The Young Russian Lady and the Young Israeli Lady are also on My list

don't love social networking so much Jawans.......it was bad for them as well as for Nation

Navy should better stricked its duty guidelines.

It was about Time
I mean action should have been in March 2011 , when 2 of these idiots leaked the info about successful Test of 4000 Km range K4 SLBM , which is a more serious breach since the info was even picked up by online Defence sites

Also I would Like to confirm that some of the Info which i posted on PDF regarding Indian SSN Projects, I got it from one of these gentlemen

as I am in the facebook Friend List of one of the officers , and in facebook , all the info that you disclose is only accessible to your facebook Buddies , not every other person on the site

and u posted this ...:eek:good job ...:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

You apparently forget that no matter what.. FB is EXTREMELY vulnerable.
The problem of leaky mouths is evident this side of the border as well, which then needs to be debunked and toned down from time to time.
It is idiotic to leak out ANY information without checking with your superiors first or verifying that the information is available publicly.(a different thing if the public inflates the info for their own appeasement).

and u posted this ...:eek:good job ...:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

At that Time , I had no Idea that it was classified
Since I thought that our Navy Brotheren would know , not to post classified info on Facebook

I thought that it would be interesting to post it before Ajay Shukla Does

the info they supposed to have put on the FB page is the location of their vessel . still a serious offense .

loose-lips-sink-ships-posters.jpg

It was about Time

bhai ye kab hua ? are u leaking tooooo :P

Back
Top Bottom