What's new

Navy's MiG29 superior to IAF's Sukhoi 30

3-724224.jpg

4-726232.jpg

5-728116.jpg

ILL POST COMPARISION WITH SU 30 MKI SHORTLY

Heres the way I see it Russia has about ten percent of the Economic and Military budget of the USA, the only way they can continue to produce advanced military air craft is if they can sell a lot of them to other countries. Since the advent of the smart bomb the USA has a very large surplus of F16s which they are going to use to destroy Russia market for Migs. Russia has some Migs that they have stored they are going to try and pimp and sell but that is in the end going to further destroy their market for advance aircraft.

Not that MKI is the most advanced 4+ generation aircraft, but such statements from RAC-Mig officials about theirs being better than Sukhoi's product seem very tribal and are essentially a marketing ploy.

data links, mapping information, higher display resolutions among other things are superior so maybe mig29k>su30mki

can some one come up with the exact specifications?

DID acknowledges it(su30mki) as the 2nd best air superiority fighter in the world.

Dont underestimate your enemy - ancient saying

The question is in what terms the Mig 29K should be superior? Some avionics as it was stated in the article, might be, but only till the upgraded arrives, which also have improvements in the same fields. RCS? For sure, it's expected to be down to 1-2 m2, a figure that the MKI can't achieve even with more coatings. But does it makes the Mig 29K overall superior? A big NO, because the MKI still has clear advantages in radar range (even more with the expected AESA), payload, weapons (especially in A2G) and even in manouverability it should be not that bad compared to the Mig, canards, TVC and a good T/W ratio will give MKI a good performance in this field too.

Nobody is underestimating anything. Simply pointing out that there is a lot of hype around things as well. This RAC-Mig statement is no different.

Gentlemen,

This is very confusing for a chairborne old fuddy-duddy.

The SU-30MKI is meant to range far and wide and strike down intruding aircraft at high-level and low-level alike using its BVR armament. It can also perform well in close combat. It has effective ranges of between 1300 to 5000 kms.

The MiG 29 was meant to give protection to Sturmovik class aircraft like the SU-25/28/39 class and presumably achieve battle-field air superiority if not outright air domination. It has a reported range of 700 kms.

Is there any overlap between the two? Putting it another way, and quoting from the results of a similar development 'fork', would a beefed-up F16 challenge an F15?

All that the news report indicates is a certain amount of realignment of avionics, and a better integrated man-machine interface. Good stuff, but not class-breaking. The aircraft will remain a point interceptor.

I am not sure what the good people at RAC-MiG are trying to convey, but they aren't doing a very convincing job of it.

Sincerely,

there are a few things that i dont get , how can mig29k be better than su30mki , is beyond me , i mean look at the range , pay load , speed , the sukhoi has th mig beaten in all department

RANGE PAYLOAD SPEED
SU30MKI 3700KM 8000KG 2.35MACH
MIG29K 1500KM 5500KG 2.10MACH

The only advantage the mig has over sukhoi is lower RCS thanks to its smaller size and slightly better avionics

While both su30 mki and mig 29k are capable aircrafts but , The Eurofighter is the best airsuperiority aircraft while the rafale is possibly the best ground attack platform among all 4+ gen fighters
Like some guy just said , it is just a marketting gimick by RAC MIG , to sell more mig29ks when the indian order of 45 aircraft and russian order of 24 aircraft finishes in 2014 , and Mig would like to keep its production line open

WELL know we all can compare both mig 29k and su 30 mki based on the above specs and deide which is better
:cheers:

Only field where Mig scores over Su-30 is RCS. After the upgrades being done on the Su-30, in this area also the difference will be negated.

However since both of them are in India's inventory and both of them are competing each other in capabilities , the winner is INDIA..

there are a few things that i dont get , how can mig29k be better than su30mki , is beyond me , i mean look at the range , pay load , speed , the sukhoi has th mig beaten in all department

RANGE PAYLOAD SPEED
SU30MKI 3700KM 8000KG 2.35MACH
MIG29K 1500KM 5500KG 2.10MACH

The only advantage the mig has over sukhoi is lower RCS thanks to its smaller size and slightly better avionics

While both su30 mki and mig 29k are capable aircrafts but , The Eurofighter is the best airsuperiority aircraft while the rafale is possibly the best ground attack platform among all 4+ gen fighters
Like some guy just said , it is just a marketting gimick by RAC MIG , to sell more mig29ks when the indian order of 45 aircraft and russian order of 24 aircraft finishes in 2014 , and Mig would like to keep its production line open

Dear Sir,

I agree with your analysis, it's the big heavy long-distance version, besides the small light battlefield version. I wouldn't describe it as one beating the other, it's a question of different roles. You wouldn't put a squadron of SU 30s behind your advancing division, that's what they designed a MiG 29 to do. And you wouldn't put a MiG 29 to guarding very long borders, that's what a SU 30 was made to do.

Sincerely,

By the way, the mig upgrade details which mig chief was speaking are
Upgraded+MiG-29UPG-1.JPG

Upgraded+MiG-29UPG-2.JPG

MiG-29UPG-2.jpg

MiG-29UPG-1.jpg

MiG-29UPG-4.jpg

my apologies if already posted.

Su-30MKI's are currently the most potent fighters in the subcontinent, period.

Sukhoi&

The SU-30MKI is meant to range far and wide and strike down intruding aircraft at high-level and low-level alike using its BVR armament. It can also perform well in close combat. It has effective ranges of between 1300 to 5000 kms.

The MiG 29 was meant to give protection to Sturmovik class aircraft like the SU-22/24/25/34 class and presumably achieve battle-field air superiority if not outright air domination. It has a reported range of 700 kms.

Is there any overlap between the two? Putting it another way, and quoting from the results of a similar development 'fork', would a beefed-up F16 challenge an F15?

All that the news report indicates is a certain amount of realignment of avionics, and a better integrated man-machine interface. Good stuff, but not class-breaking. The aircraft will remain a point interceptor.

I am not sure what the good people at RAC-MiG are trying to convey, but they aren't doing a very convincing job of it.

A little corrections, but then excellently put! Bang on the point.

ps: Chairborne? I, definitely, think not ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom