What's new

Nawaz Sharif: If Pakistan is to prosper, we must stop bashing India

I will give credit to Nawaz Sharif no matter how suspect his intention are thought to be in India. The guy has guts to keep treading this peace path. Especially in an environment like now. So much easier to take a hard line. My respect for this guy went up a notch.

Misleading title. Where did he exactly say these words ?

In his first interview since returning to office, Mr Sharif, calm, deliberate and assured, makes clear that he sees his election victory as a mandate for peace with India. He talks with genuine feeling about the need for reconciliation with Pakistan’s oldest enemy.

There will be progress and there has to be progress,” says Mr Sharif. “If we have to prosper, there has to be progress on this.”

He says: “We didn’t have any India-bashing slogans in the elections. We don’t believe in such slogans. There have been such slogans in the past — 10 years ago, 20 years ago, 30 years ago — but not now . In fact, I very clearly spoke about good relations with India even before the elections were happening.”

I will give credit to Nawaz Sharif no matter how suspect his intention are thought to be in India. The guy has guts to keep treading this peace path. Especially in an environment like now. So much easier to take a hard line. My respect for this guy went up a notch.

I agree. Our own politicians wouldn't even dare.

although i am not in favor of talk.....my view is very clear ...keep distance with Pakistan ,we are better as a enemy ..........but i guess Mr Nwaz sharif effort will melt down tension......... and will get success in getting respect in Indian society...........

see equation with Bangladesh is very clear.......Indian government give unconditional support to sheikh hasina government what ever be condition or situation ........but unfortunatly in case of Pakistan ,we have no one to trust

He is a mature politician. He gave the proof of his maturity when he made a bloach the CM of Baluchistan. He has learned a lot from past. I am not surprised that some brain washed people not like him.

People of pakistan brought him back to power. So obviously they have faith in him, so we have to assume that he is right when he says "for Pakistan to prosper we need to stop bashing India"
but one thing which keeps getting me confused is where exactly are we bashing India? If anyone here is being bashed its Pakistan. Just look at the hyper drive the Indian sarkar along with their media and armed forces is against Pakistan. So where exactly is NS seeing Pakistan bashing India, that he felt the need to come up with a statement such as this.:undecided:

My respect for this guy went up a notch.

All he ever wanted...

Awaiting the next rally for the hate speechs from Saeed and the next batch of unprovoked firing on the LOC. :blah:

Back
Top Bottom