What's new

Need Advice on Mini Laptops

I am trying to buy a mini laptop to install kali linux or maybe Parrot O.S on. However most mini laptops can't run it properly or cause issues.
Anyone here has any mini laptops in mind that could be of any use.
Thanks.

@mb444 @BHAN85 @_NOBODY_ @dexter @SQ8 @Indos @Beast @WebMaster @RescueRanger @Path-Finder
You don't get smaller than the HP Elitebook 2740p and that can run Ubuntu. They are available in the market for between 15,20K only issue is battery life on these older laptops. As for Kali, whichever laptop you get, make sure you open a post on https://forums.kali.org/ and ask around before buying to avoid disappointment.

Hope this helps you.

I am trying to buy a mini laptop to install kali linux or maybe Parrot O.S on. However most mini laptops can't run it properly or cause issues.
Anyone here has any mini laptops in mind that could be of any use.
Thanks.

@mb444 @BHAN85 @_NOBODY_ @dexter @SQ8 @Indos @Beast @WebMaster @RescueRanger @Path-Finder

You meant a mini laptop or a netbook?

I used several netbooks 11"/12" with ATOM processor on ubuntu, and happily. All of Asus brand.

But keep in mind: they are slow. If your main use is console and text: there are no problems. But even view HTML can be a hard task for those machines.

Good things: Battery duration is long due to very low consumption.
And it's a machine really portable, i.e: it's so cheap that you dont care about if you mistreat it or lost it.

A Ubuntu dist doesnt meant waste resources, you can change the desktop to a one more lightweight, like xfce.

my 14 years old netbook runs Lubuntu without any issue.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom