What's new

NICE Ukraine Bizon (Zubr) hovercraft come to China

i'm impressed by the size but it might be vulnerable at the skirt.anybody know the info regarding its speed??

anybody know the info regarding its speed??
Speed: 63 knots, 55 knots if sustained
Range: 300 mi (480 km) at 55 knots

Zubr-class LCAC
The Zubr landing craft has a cargo area of 400 square metres (4,300 sq ft), and a fuel capacity of 56 tons. It can carry three main battle tanks (up to 150 tonnes), or ten armoured vehicles with 140 troops (up to 131 tonnes), or 8 armoured personnel carriers of total mass up to 115 tonnes, or 8 amphibious tanks or up to 500 troops (with 360 troops in the cargo compartment).

Usually these hovercraft speed much fast coz it could float on the surface of water leads to minimum resistance.
Zapad-2009_military_exercises.jpg

Speed: 63 knots, 55 knots if sustained
Range: 300 mi (480 km) at 55 knots

Zubr-class LCAC

Usually these hovercraft speed much fast coz it could float on the surface of water leads to minimum resistance.
Zapad-2009_military_exercises.jpg

yes..its very fast compared to their counter parts but at the same time its tougher to keep them stable compared others..with out good experience operating these would be a suicide

So the white elephants have arrived.... A order too late and useless for PLAN.
I am sure, PLAN will not order more and not make any more of it.

These order for 4 zubr came in the late 90s and suppose to deliver in the early 2000s for the Taiwan strait crisis but the Ukraine shipyard screw up and delay the order until now.. Since the money had already paid. So PLAN still take in these orders.

Taiwan crisis threat is no more and PLAN and PLANAF are in a stronger position now, these zubr are surplus.

Actually J-11 is not a xerox copy of the original flanker as you like to call it. It incorporates many significant changes which is discussed numerous times on this very forum.

yes many changes are artifical, if adding a bulb in wing you call in change then i wonder your logic

yes many changes are artifical, if adding a bulb in wing you call in change then i wonder your logic

But definitely J-11 changes is not just added an light bulb on the wing.

Besides the airframe, nothing inside the J-11B is the same from Russian Su-27SK. Even the airframe is lighter by 700kg and lifespan has increased to 10000 flying hours.

The very fact, it can only fired PL-12 missile and not R-77 BVRAAM tells you the avionic inside is totally different. The Glass clockpit set up is totally different from Su-27SK with 3 multi function display panels. Even the engine are replaced with indigenous WS-10A engine. WS-10A is not a copy of AL-31F, WS-10A deployed different stage of compression and fans compared to AL-31F

It is a great power, high thrust to weight ratio and low bypass ratio engine with 12 stages structures, including 3-level fan, nine-level stator, one-level high pressure compressor and one low pressure compressor. For the development of WS-10, China makes almost 300 breakthroughs in aviation technologies and materials, like transonic turbine, air film cooling blade, integrated fan rotor by electron beam welding, squeeze film damper, metal brush seal, high energy igniter, variable camber inlet guide vanes and convergent—divergent nozzle. Especially the combined cooling blade of turbine used hi-tech materials called as Directionally Solidified Eutectic Super-alloy and can stand 5000 time tests without crackles.

This is the real face of Taihang (WS-10) Turbofan Engine! - China Defense Mashup

So the white elephants have arrived.... A order too late and useless for PLAN.
I am sure, PLAN will not order more and not make any more of it.

These order for 4 zubr came in the late 90s and suppose to deliver in the early 2000s for the Taiwan strait crisis but the Ukraine shipyard screw up and delay the order until now.. Since the money had already paid. So PLAN still take in these orders.

Taiwan crisis threat is no more and PLAN and PLANAF are in a stronger position now, these zubr are surplus.

How about learn to buld it first in Chinese shipyards, rennovating it into sth with much less weight ( get rid of some unneccesary heavy weapons, etc.), in order to double its leg eventually.

Then China can 1/ build civilian version as a farsite transport 2/ permanently park one, together with some type 022 for every SCS islands it holds. It can help to recover foreign-occupied islands and become an inter-CSC-isalnd fast actionary security force for emergency people/troop/materials transport.

weapons: 4 CJ-10 land attack cruis missile + radar + 730s + some anti-sub capabilities, go with one 022 when necessary - ideal pair for SCS islandlets:rofl:

Looks awesome but never liked travelling in one. Nice acquisition.

yes..its very fast compared to their counter parts but at the same time its tougher to keep them stable compared others..with out good experience operating these would be a suicide

The basis for that statement?

The basis for that statement?

yes for a same mileage ,same load and capacity of an engine and same fluid conditions the efficiency of a hovercraft will be much higher compared to a conventional boat/ship as a hovercraft experiences much less drag compared to its counterpart also its independent of an upstream or a down stream unlike a conventional aircraft.so a hovercraft haves more thrust compared to a conventional ship which means more acceleration and greater rate of increase of speed..i do not have any links to substantiate my statement but being a mechanical engineer i think im qualified to answer ur question.

I am not sure why the Russians are unhappy if it were so?

Because if the Chinese is using J-11, then they are not buying things from Russia. Loss of profit will make anyone unhappy. Arms dealers like customers who will come to them again and again and hate customers that just buy a few sample and came up with their own stuff afterwards.

i'm impressed by the size but it might be vulnerable at the skirt.anybody know the info regarding its speed??

By the time landing crafts come into play, the missiles and aircrafts would have already suppressed main part of the resistance. The land craft allows fast deployment of heavy equipment for expanding inland.

An Article from DAWN. You need evidence to prove that the original and a xerox are same? Russians are unhappy though.

Russian PM Putin in China seeking closer ties | World | DAWN.COM

Yea, cause the Russians are in a position of saying no to money right?

In terms of military Russia is better but the distance is shrinking, in terms of economy, Russia is far away and it's getting further.

So if you say Russia reluctant to sell Su-35s, maybe, but turn down energy deals? What else do the Russians sell besides their women? Which is grade A I got to say.

The arrest of the Chinese man sounds fishy, what kind of a stupid idiot just goes door to door and ask for military secrets. The ones that would be buying would not be caught, refused maybe, but not caught. China don't sent farmers to buy secrets.

I am not sure why the Russians are unhappy if it were so?

And yet they keep supplying the Chinese with the engines to run the birds with....oh yeah, and they want to sell them their newest stuff as well.

More Zubrs will be built at a shipyard in Guangzhou。

China can do with tens of these monsters with a top speed of 60 nautical miles per hour。

More Zubrs will be built at a shipyard in Guangzhou。

China can do with tens of these monsters with a top speed of 60 nautical miles per hour。

So from what I can gather this is a boat to get trucks and tanks on land after successful capture of the beach, what do Chinese marines use to assault an island? If it's that little speed boat I seen in pictures, it's worse than WW2 America. Or is there a reason for those speed boats?

Back
Top Bottom