What's new

No F-35 offer for India: US

davidson

BANNED
Reaction score
F-16, F-18 unbeatable, no F-35 offer for India: US

Feb 03, 2012

Washington: After losing out to the French, the US asserted its F-16 and F-18 fighter jets would have provided India unbeatable platforms with proven technologies, but said it had not offered India more advanced F-35 Joint Strike Fighters (JSF).

F-16, F-18 unbeatable, no F-35 offer for India: US - India News - IBNLive

Why this news article will interest a Chinese lurking in Indian News websites?

India is done with MMRCA deal. Indian MoD has categorically said that there was no F-35 offer to India. 18-16s were kicked out ages ago from the bid.

Why this news article will interest a Chinese lurking in Indian News websites?

India is done with MMRCA deal. Indian MoD has categorically said that there was no F-35 offer to India. 18-16s were kicked out ages ago from the bid.

But if you had gone with F-16s and F-18s, you wouldn't see us getting our MLUs back or getting the new Block 52s...
That would have seriously been a game changer...

F-16, F-18 are unbeatable ? not very convincing, India decide to go with Rafale...I'm wondering if U.S is able to convince China with their X-35, only if few squadrons of these X-35 in Tibet to prove themself if they can convince India...oops China is under embargo :cry::hitwall:

But if you had gone with F-16s and F-18s, you wouldn't see us getting our MLUs back or getting the new Block 52s...
That would have seriously been a game changer...

New Block 52 you receive are gifts from USA for the services you guys have done for WOT (before OBL raid) otherwise you were heavily sanctioned by them. It has nothing to do with MMRCA.

Note these precious line: Indian secretariat in New Delhi very well knows (may not be speaking) that USA is still not done with Pakistan irrespective of what has happened between both recently. We do not see in far near future USA going to forsake Pakistan on Indian call. So do not be insecure vis a vis Indo-USA ties, I have just witnessed change of tones of many anti American Pakistanis in a thread where USA has donated weapons to a ~Sindh (i think) state police.

Bhārat Gaṇarājya sould produce own figther...I think.

New Block 52 you receive are gifts from USA for the services you guys have done for WOT (before OBL raid) otherwise you were heavily sanctioned by them. It has nothing to do with MMRCA.

Note these precious line: Indian secretariat in New Delhi very well knows (may not be speaking) that USA is still not done with Pakistan irrespective of what has happened between both recently. We do not see in far near future USA going to forsake Pakistan on Indian call. So do not be insecure vis a vis Indo-USA ties, I have just witnessed change of tones of many anti American Pakistanis in a thread where USA has donated weapons to a ~Sindh (i think) state police.

Can you be more ignorant?i doubt!

We paid around 3.1-.5 billion $$ for them.

Poor English comprehension

There is a huge difference between "had not offered India more advanced F-35 Joint Strike Fighters (JSF)" vs. "will not offer India more advanced F-35 Joint Strike Fighters (JSF)"

F35 will be the first to participate in the second round of MMRCA for purchasing 80 more jets.

Nope i dnt...enlighten me sir.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...s-pakistans-f16-block-50-52-a.html#post362483

Let me clear this:

PAF ordered 18 blk 50/52+ with CFT which makes them look like UAE blk 60 but they are block 50/52+. PAF has option of more but they haven't ordered because of financial condition.

PAF recieved 14 USAF F-16 , which were originally built for PAF during 80s but sanctioned). Those are older blocks (blk 15) and do not have CFT thats why they do not look like UAE blk 60. They are used ones not new ones.

4 ( or maybe 2 i dont remember) out of those used 14 are currently going MLU in the US to be brought almost equal to blk 50/52 but they will not have CFT. The rest of the MLU will take place either in turkey or PAC with turkish help.

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_users_article14.html

Pakistan has ordered a total of 111 F-16A/B aircraft. Of these, 71 were embargoed by the US due to Pakistan's nuclear weapons program. Of these 71, 28 were actually built but were flown directly to the AMARC at Davis-Monthan AFB for storage.

Over the years, various plans were conceived for these 28 aircraft: Pakistan wanted to get the aircraft or their money back; they were offered to various nations, none of which were interested; ultimately, the US Navy and USAF entered them into service as aggressor aircraft.

After Pakistan's help in the war on terror, the US lifted the embargo. In 2005, Pakistan requested 24 new Block 50/52 F-16C/Ds (with option for as much as 55 aircraft). Ultimately an order for 18 F-16s was placed with an option on another 18.

Back
Top Bottom