What's new

No Rock Star.

Hafizzz

Reaction score
India no country for rockstars: AR Rahman
India no country for rockstars: AR Rahman - Hindustan Times

The country may look upon double Oscar and Grammy winning artiste, AR Rahman as the real music maestro, but the celebrated composer feels that India can’t produce a true rockstar. “I think in India, we don’t have a true rockstar. Culturally, we are a family-bound society and rockstars are known to do all sorts of odd things,” says Rahman.

The composer, who has already managed to enthrall audiences with his compositions for Imtiaz Ali’s film Rockstar confesses that he’s impressed with the film’s lead actor, Ranbir Kapoor’s perseverance. “Ranbir is a great learner. He used to sit in one corner of the studio to figure out the tempo of the soundtrack just to understand what the music would be like. I haven’t seen such commitment among other actors,” adds Rahman.

Ranbir KapoorA musical saga, Rockstar captures the life of a Delhi boy played by Ranbir, who realises the pain is the real impetus to be a great musician. And though Rahman is rarely known for praising actors, Bollywood’s current poster boy has won the composer over with his dedication to get into the skin of the character.

Talking about the actor’s transformation to a real rockstar, Rahman says, “Ranbir actually learnt the guitar chords in the song that he is playing on screen. Most actors just move their hands up and along to enact a strumming sequence, but Ranbir actually practices and plays the right notes in the film.”

It was reported that Ranbir started learning to play the guitar before he started shooting the film. The actor is also said to have visited Rahman’s studio in Chennai occasionally, while the recording of the film was on.

Today, the actor-composer duo along with the film’s musical set comprising Mohit Chauhan, Harshdeep Kaur, Javed Ali and Ranjit Barot will perform at a promotional event at Bhavan’s College in Andheri. Rockstar also features model-turned-actress Nargis Fakhri and is set to hit theatres on November 11.

Rahman is right. Indian culture is so different from Western Culture and it is so OBVIOUS that India CANNOT produce a rockstar. Hollywood and Bollywood has nothing in common.

isn't this obvious,at 18 i was getting sloshed,eating kfc and head banging to iron maiden,now i make a nice drink,play nusrat saab's qawwalis and get my soul lost in the music,do the math and figure which is better?

Freddie+Mercury+queen+by+cool+images786.jpg

Biggest rockstar the world has ever seen was brought up in India and born to Parsi mother

^^^

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

freddy_mercury_statue_montreux.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
He is NOT Indian but Persian. He was also a GAY MAN.

dude, he was born to Parsee parents.. Parsees are Indians too.. They settled in India in 10th, 11 th centuries..

Why do people forget that India is not a monolithic culture ? It is an assimilation of cultures.. Some were internal.. some influenced.. some xternal..

"Bigots" ?

You mean like this :

Fear and loathing in gay India
BBC NEWS | South Asia | Fear and loathing in gay India

lol...................hafisssssssssssssssssssssssss !!!!

First Quote of Hafissssssssssss "India Tourist destination for gay"
Second Quote "Loathing of gay in India"

Make your mind hafizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzle..........

Gassing around as usual...........hafisssssssssssssssssssss ....hain

Back
Top Bottom