What's new

North Korea begins fueling satellite-bearning rocket

SHAHED

Reaction score
Baqeri_d20120411071137810.jpg

North Korea says it has begun injecting fuel into a long-range rocket set to launch a satellite into the orbit between 12-16 April.

"I think the fuel injection will be completed at an appropriate date," said Paek Chang-ho, director of the satellite control centre of the Korean Committee of Space Technology, quoted by Reuters on Wednesday.

He did not confirm the exact launching time or when the fuel injection would be complete.

"And as for the exact timing of the launch, it will be decided by my superiors,” Paek said.

Pyongyang says it is set to merely put a weather satellite into space to mark the 100th anniversary of the birth of the country's late leader Kim Il-sung.

Regional countries such as Japan and South Korea voiced concern about the move that has sparked criticism from the United States and its allies.

North Korea, however, insists the launch is for peaceful and scientific purposes.

PressTV - North Korea begins fueling satellite-bearning rocket

Oh, I would love to watch the launch!

I personally would not give more than 10% chance of success. It is too huge and cumbersome with three stages weighing at over 91 tonnes. Most countries successful at initial launches start by lighter rockets usually two stages and move on to heavier ones.

What if it fails.... Those scientists are gonna get some spanking from kim jong.... Its gonna be fun

I personally would not give more than 10% chance of success. It is too huge and cumbersome with three stages weighing at over 91 tonnes. Most countries successful at initial launches start by lighter rockets usually two stages and move on to heavier ones.

i bet north has studied those failures, for a country like Noko there is no point in spending truck load of money if they had only 10% chance of success, there are plenty ways to skin a cat.

well I wonder what this sentence means
"I think the fuel injection will be completed at an appropriate date,"
can somebody who is knowledgeable in Korean culture and how they use expressions tell me if they meant the exact meaning of the words or there is some other meaning to the sentence that is lost in translation.

by the way I hope this time like the last time they don't fill rocket with fuel and let it stay there for several week, it can be another defeat for them if they do so as the fuel is highly corrosive

well I wonder what this sentence means

can somebody who is knowledgeable in Korean culture and how they use expressions tell me if they meant the exact meaning of the words or there is some other meaning to the sentence that is lost in translation.

by the way I hope this time like the last time they don't fill rocket with fuel and let it stay there for several week, it can be another defeat for them if they do so as the fuel is highly corrosive

Well I do not know Korean but they most probably mean fueling it up. It is a three stage rocket so each stage is going to be fueled up separately obviously. It is very delicate and dangerous process as anyone familiar with the Russian disaster knows it.

By the way their control room is much more beautiful than what Iranians had made. I gotta give this one to them.

Guess the north koreans think giving the US the finger is more important than the 240,000 tons of food and nutritional products that they were going to recive for not launching.

Guess the north koreans think giving the US the finger is more important than the 240,000 tons of food and nutritional products that they were going to recive for not launching.

Do not worry they will receive that as well. It is a nuclear nation. If US does not give them then next month they will announce that they are going to conduct nuclear tests and speed up their uranium enrichment program. US has no other choice.

That certainly has been the pattern in the past, problem is you can only break agreements so many times before people give up on making them. If the US realises no matter what NK promises they wont follow through on it why bother?

That certainly has been the pattern in the past, problem is you can only break agreements so many times before people give up on making them. If the US realises no matter what NK promises they wont follow through on it why bother?

As I said they have no other choice. They are technically at war with each other. No peace treaty has been signed since Korean war. If North Koreans go hungry they will torpedo another South Korean frigate and send shock waves into western stock markets. Can US afford that? No. So they will keep promising them more and more. It is a nuclear armed nation. Any war would be devastating to South Korea and Japan and by extension to US. They also have the largest stockpile of active chemical warfare agents. The story has it that they have tens of thousands of artillery guns with millions of shells with every fourth being chemical tipped. The travel time between firing position and Seoul is just 56 seconds. So there you go.

Back
Top Bottom