What's new

Over A Million Pakistani University Students Enrolled in STEM Fields

Ah, the famous water car engineer. :D
correction water car generator.

Harvard ki nahi hardwork ki zarorat hai.

STREANH (mis-spelled the strength) bhi impot. hai. MODI.

But I concur Modi is better than the current clown of a PM here in pak.

Ah, the famous water car engineer. :D

Please read the link. Most of the real inventions were made by Pakistanis who had left Pakistan. Except the computer virus concept, but one can trust Pakistanis to be geniuses at such endeavors. And of course the water car. It is revealing to read the description of the water car in that list and see that it can serve only as a self-delusionary resource that can be believed only by domestic idiots. Typical Pakistani strategy that works for them always, right up to the OP. :D

Not just quantity but also quality of education is important.
fly by night operaters are a problem in India though gone down much in recent years , in pakistan same problem must be hinderinng qualiy of education in a bigger way.
You are right i made a thread on this

I've heard large number pakistani students read science and Engineering books from India.
those who can actually just pay money for a private tuition in British syllabus which have their own textbooks ready

and those who are too poor for even public schooling just get sent to sit inside a madrassah where you have no idea what the person could preach and the quality is extremely low.

Who doesn't want water car except Oil sheikhs probably? Cann't blame pakistaniis for falling for it.

Duh! It is all that evil Uncle Sam's doing. No oil means the dollar is dead. Therefore a brilliant nation like Pakistan must be kept poor through IMF so that great inventions like the water car are destroyed and free energy from the ionosphere delivered by jinn on dem blessed flying carpets can never threaten the Jewish world bankers wif all da monies and so on and so on. Makes perfect sense! :D

Lol. I feel your pain. Even when it comes to “rooftop universities” like you say, single Indian states would overtake entire Pakistan. That’s a whole different category.
With the exception of a few IITs, NUST (Pakistan's top university) is ranked higher than any Indian university. It might be hard for you to believe but Undergraduate Education in Pakistan is pretty decent. All the Top universities (Nust, FAST, GIKI, IBA, LUMS, COMSATS, UETs) have respectable global standing.

LOl.

Of these students, 415,008 students are studying natural sciences and mathematics, 276,659 are in information and communication technologies (ICT), 178,260 are in health sciences and 166,457 are in engineering. Pakistan produced 157,102 STEM graduates last year, putting it among the world's top dozen or so countries.

You mean those rooftop universities, there are many here as well, but not registered and not accredited.

The problem is that most "graduates" in Pakistan have BSc of 2 years study. The international standard is 3 years, and moving to 4 years. so - the "quality" of graduates in depth and breadth of education is a very serious "problem"...

You wont believe how many Pakistan Graduates i have to reject by my company as Graduates from Pakistan do not meet international standards on their degrees... but this is less so a problem for Indians.

Last edited:
The problem is that most "graduates" in Pakistan have BSc of 2 years study. The international standard is 3 years, and moving to 4 years. so - the "quality" of graduates in depth and breadth of education is a very serious "problem"...

You wont believe how many Pakistan Graduates i have to reject by my company as Graduates from Pakistan do not meet international standards on their degrees... but this is less so a problem for Indians.

Two year BSC, BArts are cancelled in Pakistan, the 4 year BS program is on in all the universities in line with the international requirement.

Think private students can still do a 2 year Bcom, I am not sure.

There is an elitist attitude among some Pakistanis who harp on "poor quality" of Pakistan's STEM education.
They resent rapid increase in access to public higher education, citing quality as an excuse.

Quality is in the eye of the beholder. Pakistani STEM grads are good enough to work in major SiliconValley tech firms. Many NED grads are highly successful here. I know many FAST grads working for Facebook HQ in MenloPark.

Karachi NED grad Sajjad Khan was the head of Mercedes Benz SelfDriving Cars and EV division for many years. He is now on the executive board of Porsche in Germany.

Two year BSC, BArts are cancelled in Pakistan, the 4 year BS program is on in all the universities in line with the international requirement.

Think private students can still do a 2 year Bcom, I am not sure.

Thanks for the information. I still see 2year BSc degress - but it looks like this decision was recent - so looking forward to the next generate of candidates who meet international standards.

Making the 2year degrees extension an "Associate Degree" makes sense to getting a proper BSc is good. If people want to convert them to a Bsc then they need to do the extra time to get that classification. The BSc must be at an international recognised level - an absolute must if the IT industry is to develop as HR departments look at BSc's and determine if they meet the required standards or not. Right now - then answer is a firm no - but looks like things can change.

Unfortunate that some priviate institutions are still offering 2years, but if they are not recognised - then over the long run they will die out hopefully aswell.

Back
Top Bottom