What's new

PAF GDP INITIAL TEST HELP REQUIRED

zt4096

New Recruit

Reaction score
Assalam O Alaikum Friendz,
I need your help regarding PAF General Duty Pilot Initial Test of PHY, INTELLIGENCE, and ENGLISH, which i will attend on 24th August 2011.
So please guide me about this test such as its pattern.
and please recommend me any book for its preparation.
Thanx

Right,
test on the 24th,and you budge in here a week before and ask people to suggest books !
are you sure you are making the right career choice ?

Well for any physical exams for any military you need to be fit enough to run 4-5 miles with out equipment but but people train with full gear but perhaps for airforce you won`t have to. You should be free of any infections/diseases. No medical history with blood pressure or heart problems

Most people collapse after 400 meters running which is may be 10% of running ability

Also you should be able to do pushups and lift weight with each hand I say about 3-4 kg per hand

For Intelligence , I suppose you are born with what you got , and you need to have solid clear rationalization , decision making skills instead of being confused. Intelligence is something you have in your head you got to be able to rationalize decisions as it saves lives

English well , you should have already finished English studies, there is not much that can be done about that unless you can communicate in english

Lastly you should not be afraid of heights ... if you plan to be a pilot for ground duties perhaps its not as important

All the best

My friend who passed the GDP initial test told, they will ask you about the capitals of different countries, like turkey, brazil, morroco etc etc the general knowledge. They will ask you about JF-17 or any other plane in PAF general specifications, like it's service ceiling or it's payload. then they will ask you the tricky mathematical questions like what is the 60 percent of 50 which is 30 (60*50 =3000/100 = 30) or any other percentage of any number, so you should be sharp in calculations. Then they will ask you if a object travels 900 KM in 60 minutes then how much it traveled in 35 minutes or 25 minutes? is 3/4 is greater or 4/5 is greater or 3/4 minus 4/7 give answer in fraction form in 5 seconds ? Then they will ask you analytical questions like if you cut a glass how many edges it would have?

then they will ask you psychological questions like do you masturbate, do you like boys, or some embarrassing questions to judge your mentality.

then they will randomly ask you to write 5 words or sentences to judge what are you thinking. or they will make you write and essay. and also they will hold the group sessions to judge what is your daily activities.....

One thing to remeber, they give 5 seconds or 10 seconds for every question asked, and they will ask 99 percent questions verbally, especially of mathematical problems

Frankly speaking if you are to be entrusted with 20 million dollar plane , I would put you thru a more severe test but I think what you need to do is be natural , what you get right you will get right , if you don't know answer to something just say that and move to next question.

Basic Math is something you already should know, and also you should not have any fear in test they are there to test you and find your weakness not to fail you but if you crumble under stress , then probbly the Airforce is not your best career choice. You have to have solid mind and reasoning and a clear confident mind

The best you can do is say to yourself , I have cleared x amount of credit/course , education in Private sector and I have done all i could so there is nothing magical you will learn in 2-3 days more that can make you a pilot

You just have to be smart and intelligent and be cream of crop

friendz, plz tell me what kind of questions are in english paper? and is there serious preparation needed for physics paper(initial test)???

1- Firstly decide your exact defence area/armed forces.
2- On starting of recruitments, register yourself with the related armed forces at any recruitment or I&S Centre by sumitting your documents after being eligible for applying armed forces.

>>>> PAF [BSc. Aeronautical Engg. + General Duty Pilot(GDP)]
1- Preliminary tests at the Information & Selection Centres, including Math, Physics, English & General Knowledge based on Intermediate, Psychological Tests etc.
2- Initial Medical Examination at I&SC.
3- Initial Interview at I&SC.
4- Submission of ISSB Forms at I&SC.
5- ISSB Centres are GUJRANWALA, KARACHI, KOHAT & now QUETTA also.
6- At ISSB, Following tests are usually held.
-----------------------------ISSB------------------------------------
* FIRST DAY --- Initial Tests/Screening Out Tests ::
FORMS FILLING
Personality Tests
Psychological Tests
Aptitude Tests
Picture Story Tests
Essay Writing etc etc.
NOTE :: After passing all these tests, candidates are eligible for the tests holding on 2nd, 3rd & 4th days. Failing candidates are screened out & come back to their homes. Passing candidates remain there for rest of the days.
--------------------------------------
* SECOND DAY ::
Group Discussions
Role Plays
Psychological Tests
9 Individual obstacles
Individual Tasks
Half Group Tasks
Group Leader Tasks
----------------------------------------
* THIRD DAY ::
Plan Tasks
MOCK INTERVIEWS (the most important test of ISSB ever)
Group Planning Tasks
Decision Making Tasks
Strategic Maps Reading Tests
-----------------------------------------
* FORTH DAY/FINAL DAY ::
REINTERVIEWS (those candidates, whose reinterviews are usually held are 99% being selected by the ISSB. He is almost confirm candidate)
FINAL GROUP TASKS
PROGRESSIVE GROUP TASKS
---------------------------THE END-------------------------------------
After a week or more, ISSB result come to your communication address & inform you that whether the candidate is
RECOMMENDED
OR
NOT RECOMMENDED BY ISSB.

IMPORTANT NOTE ::- Candidates selection is 90% shown during the interview. ISSB Tests of ARMY & NAVY are almost the same, but be keep it in mind, THE ISSB TESTS FOR THE SELECTION OF PAF CANDIDATES (Aeronautical Engg + GDP) ARE MUCH MORE TOUGH THAN ARMY (PMA, EME etc) & NAVY.
(TOP SECRET --- I WAS RECOMMENDED BY PAF AND NOW I AM SERVING FOR MY NATION)
if u passed all then be prepaed for
RAGRRA...................

Good job, I also passed the test, did you have your medical and interview already?

Congrats! Alhamdulilah :)
How was it? Fill us up with whats the latest on the ISSB.

Wohoo

i too have passed the test
my test was on 23 august and medical on 24 and now i am waiting for my interview on 7th november in abottabad

i failed initial medical,,,,,,,,, because i'm a bit color blind........... i got CP-II (color vision)... which is not applicable for GDP,,,,,, would that i had applied for Air and Defence.............??? please tell me in which month next admissions will be announced?

Back
Top Bottom