What's new

PAF replaced its ageing FT-5 with K-8P Karakorum

air marshal

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
A SALUTE TO THE FT-5 :tup:

Finally, PAF has replaced its ageing FT-5 (Mig-17) with K-8P Karakorum at a ceremony held today (January 5, 2012) at PAF Base Mianwali. The ceremony was attended by Chief of the Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman.

A young Humza Tariq aviation artist's sketch was presented to the CAS and he gave very good remarks.

File:China_airforce_J5.jpg

Good bye friend

Good job Pakistan. But I WANT A K-8!!!

1340289.jpg

Can you imagine how much fun you could have with a friend in one of these?

Why aren't the super-rich of the world buying their own fleet of jets? Short of getting lofted to orbit, there isn't a more exciting thing in the world. Screaming down a canyon at 500 knots, ridge-hopping, pulling G's... oh man I miss it. I haven't exceeded 30 degrees of bank in years.

thats great news! atleast PAF have also started retiring its aging fleet of trainer airplanes!

Good job Pakistan. But I WANT A K-8!!!

1340289.jpg

Can you imagine how much fun you could have with a friend in one of these?

Why aren't the super-rich of the world buying their own fleet of jets? Short of getting lofted to orbit, there isn't a more exciting thing in the world. Screaming down a canyon at 500 knots, ridge-hopping, pulling G's... oh man I miss it. I haven't exceeded 30 degrees of bank in years.

don't rub it in....well you being an ex-Airforce pilot can easily fly one of these...while we cant *me Jealous*

Salute to the FT-5 it served PAF well.. but i must say i just love the K-8 :smitten:

what engine does the k8p uses?
ws-11 or Ivchenko-Progress AI-25TLK or Honeywell TFE731-2A-2A
as per wiki
Export variants (K-8P, K-8E) use the lower powered Honeywell TFE731-2A-2A modular turbofan, which has digital electronic engine control (DEEC) with 15.6 KN thrust, provided the US government approves sale of the engine to the customer.

it seems k8p is using us engine and us has approved its sales..

The TV channel didn't even show the FT-5's last fly-by with the K-8P, they only mentioned it in passing.

Any video of this?

Back
Top Bottom