PAF Vs IAF Command and Control Systems

Some of the IAF's new radars, commissioned recently

Rajendra passive phased array radar
6tmhj8.jpg

Rohini 3D radar
610x.jpg

Thales GM400 radar

TRS-GM-400_03.jpg

DRDO is going to unveil a new missile defence radar with 1500 km range next year. :smitten:

PhalconAWACS.jpg

With an Israeli Elta EL/M-2075 Phalcon Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar

How does India Integrate Sensors From different countries? At the Tactical Level are these sensors operated seperately ?

IAF has integrated command centers at various levels. Like field, tactical, command to HQ levels. While secure Indian satellites are the backbone of this network. Bharat Electronics Lt developed Integrated Air Command and Control System for IAF which includes multi-sensor data fusion and various levels. It also gets feeds from Army and Navy resources.

IAF's Integrated Air Command and Control System

IMG_0946.JPG

Some of the IAF's new radars, commissioned recently

DRDO is going to unveil a new missile defence radar with 1500 km range next year. :smitten:

Its called swordfish!

The Swordfish LRTR currently has a range of 600 km (370 mi)-800 km (500 mi) km range and can spot objects as small as a cricket ball, which the DRDO plans to upgrade to 1,500 km by 2011

The information is overlapped and integrated in the system through the different layers.

Without command n control its not possible...whereby systems are integrated.

Its called swordfish!

The Swordfish LRTR currently has a range of 600 km (370 mi)-800 km (500 mi) km range and can spot objects as small as a cricket ball, which the DRDO plans to upgrade to 1,500 km by 2011

This is according to news sources but this 1500 km radar is totally new ad required for next generation missile defence which aim to intercept ICBM missiles at an altitude of 250 km.

Thanks for all your replies. But I still require clarification on one aspect

Do you carry out Ground Controled Interception(GCI) from the Sensor or from ADCC?

IAF has integrated command centers at various levels. Like field, tactical, command to HQ levels. While secure Indian satellites are the backbone of this network. Bharat Electronics Lt developed Integrated Air Command and Control System for IAF which includes multi-sensor data fusion and various levels. It also gets feeds from Army and Navy resources.

IAF's Integrated Air Command and Control System

IMG_0946.JPG

Does this architecture replace your ADGES and BADZ setup ?

Why are you showing an F-16 in the Operational Data Link?

Last edited:

No!

They are integerated in India´s new command n control.

All assets are tied up with net centric (Air) warfare platform (nerve center) under one roof.

Yes. They are even integrating all the civilian radars under it to get complete picture of what going on through out the region. From the top left image of the presentation below you can see the region they cover from a center,

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/media/34752-1/IMG_0946.JPG

Why are you showing an F-16 in the Operational Data Link?

This is just a picture the company have taken from internet to make the presentation.

Thanks for all your replies. But I still require clarification on one aspect

Do you carry out Ground Controled Interception(GCI) from the Sensor or from ADCC?

I do not have detailed knowledge but I think ground controlled interception is there. They release very little data and images about the control and air defence centers.

It is the first image of one the AFNET (Air force network) center got from Bharat Rakshak,

6-7(iii).jpg

No!

They are integerated in India´s new command n control.

From what I know the Base Air Defence Zones have some form of automated command and control setups. Which of the centers shown in your picture is being used as C4I setup in BADZ ?

PAFs MOBILE PULSE DOPPLER RADARS

image885.34950524_std.jpg

The Earths curvature means that after about 30 Km it is not possible to pick up low level aircrafts.

To be able to detect low level Indian fighters and Helicopters PAF inducted these radars in 1980. Six to Eight Such Radars are deployed in a region to give low level coverage.

The system is a tactical level system and all voice and data is transferred in real time to a command and reporting center from where Ground Control Interceptions are carried out.

Back
Top Bottom