What's new

Pak-Army Promotions 2011

waraich66

Reaction score
Country
Canada
ISLAMABAD - The three-day Army Promotion Board meeting that ended here on Friday with Chief of Army Staff General Ashfaq Pervez Kayani in the chair approved the names of 150 Lt Colonels for promotion to the slot of colonels and 50 others as brigadiers.
“The board meeting considered the names of around one thousand Lt Colonels for promotion, of which 200 were promoted, including 150 as colonels and 50 as brigadiers,” a security official said.

Good news is my class fellow promoted to Brigadier :smokin:

Only 50 out of 1000 promoted to Brigadier (.05%) higher standard than US army (1%)

There is also saying in Persian......بزرگی بے عقل است نہ بے عمر

how long have your friend served in army.

besides performance, age and fitness also play a role.

majors who turn 40 yrs of age and are not promoted are retired.
similarly Lt.Col's who turn ~45 yrs of age and are not promoted are retired. and so on....

so many of the 1,000 Lt.Cols will retire......

I m wondering about the promotions process... I think the COAS has a great input in this along with recommendations from higher ranking officers...

Is this correct?

besides performance, age and fitness also play a role.

majors who turn 40 yrs of age and are not promoted are retired.
similarly Lt.Col's who turn ~45 yrs of age and are not promoted are retired. and so on....

so many of the 1,000 Lt.Cols will retire......

What is future of full Col ?

I m wondering about the promotions process... I think the COAS has a great input in this along with recommendations from higher ranking officers...

Is this correct?

He only ratifies the promoted officers i.e. those promoted through the regional boards. Apart from recommendations from senior officers, the OEI, employment and the performance of officers plays a vital role during the promotion boards.

What is future of full Col ?

A good one. Once you make full Colonel, you are pretty much on track to be promoted to a Brigadier as the rank of the full colonel is a staff job which is to give these officers the experience of working with higher headquarters where they eventually would report into as they make it to Brigadiers and higher ranks.

Getting promoted to the rank of a Colonel means that you are a Red Taper now. And it's guud to be a Red Taper. :)

Back
Top Bottom