What's new

Pak investment in Afghanistan hits $500 million

I'm very impressed and look forward to additional news as it occurs.

One point-

"Indian reconstruction is not so expansive, and travel between the two nations so great, that it requires half a dozen or more consulates."

A.M. will be grateful to know that the Indian Government has no more than four consulates and one embassy in Afghanistan. The consulates are in the same number and locations as the Pakistani consulates. Both countries have consulates in Kandahar, Herat, Mazur-I-Sharif, and Jalalabad as well as their respective embassies within Kabul.

I'm surprised that A.M. would suggest six or more when that has never been the case.

Thanks.:usflag:

One point-

"Indian reconstruction is not so expansive, and travel between the two nations so great, that it requires half a dozen or more consulates."

A.M. will be grateful to know that the Indian Government has no more than four consulates and one embassy in Afghanistan. The consulates are in the same number and locations as the Pakistani consulates. Both countries have consulates in Kandahar, Herat, Mazur-I-Sharif, and Jalalabad as well as their respective embassies within Kabul.

I'm surprised that A.M. would suggest six or more when that has never been the case.

Half a dozen would be six, you pointed out 5 - close enough. The point however remains that travel between India and Afghanistan, the size of Afghanistan and the number of Indians in Afghanistan do not necessitate the number of diplomatic missions India has there. How many does it have in the US for example, where its economic and demographic interests dwarf those it has in Afghanistan?

They remain dens used for spreading terrorism in Pakistan and destabilizing it.

Pakistan's presence in Afghanistan is at least justified in terms of the massive cross border Pashtun movement and economic and familial ties between the tribes. Beyond that take it up in the relevant thread please.

Half a dozen would be six, you pointed out 5 - close enough. The point however remains that travel between India and Afghanistan, the size of Afghanistan and the number of Indians in Afghanistan do not necessitate the number of diplomatic missions India has there. How many does it have in the US for example, where its economic and demographic interests dwarf those it has in Afghanistan?

They remain dens used for spreading terrorism in Pakistan and destabilizing it.

Pakistan's presence in Afghanistan is at least justified in terms of the massive cross border Pashtun movement and economic and familial ties between the tribes. Beyond that take it up in the relevant thread please.

ok....lets see ....pakistan is even closer to afganistan(by borders:D)...and all the pakistani's have to do to reach afganistan is just step in ...where as india has no direct border and also will no be allowed to use pakistan to cross through...so given the above facts it is as though that pakistan never needs a consulate in the first place(one embassy would have been enough.)but it has the same amount of consulates-4 as india (embassies are excluded) even while contributing just 1/4 of what india is contributing in reconstruction....

if a country(pakistan) that has borders and contributing just 1/4 th of what india is contributing in afganistan has 4 consulates then why the hell does India does not have the right to do so when it does not share borders and contributing 2 billion$$......? by calculations regarding the $$invested /consulate ratio...india should have 16 consulates.....but it has only 4......hence India is under represented in afganistan for the amount of relief work it does there when compared to pakistan:blink:....

ha ha looks A.M is deleting posts just because his logic got twisted against him........even tami's post has been deleted for some reason?wonder why!!!!!!

ha ha looks A.M is deleting posts just because his logic got twisted against him........even tami's post has been deleted for some reason?wonder why!!!!!!

Mine got deleted becoz i said blah blah blah to an Indian troll. Which wasn't appropriate response as he deserved more. Simple. But hard for you guys to get.

ok....lets see ....pakistan is even closer to afganistan(by borders:D)...and all the pakistani's have to do to reach afganistan is just step in ...where as india has no direct border and also will no be allowed to use pakistan to cross through...so given the above facts it is as though that pakistan never needs a consulate in the first place(one embassy would have been enough.)but it has the same amount of consulates-4 as india (embassies are excluded) even while contributing just 1/4 of what india is contributing in reconstruction....

if a country(pakistan) that has borders and contributing just 1/4 th of what india is contributing in afganistan has 4 consulates then why the hell does India does not have the right to do so when it does not share borders and contributing 2 billion$$......? by calculations regarding the $$invested /consulate ratio...india should have 16 consulates.....but it has only 4......hence India is under represented in afganistan for the amount of relief work it does there when compared to pakistan:blink:....

You seriously need a go through diplomatic relations. Here is a head start.

" The title Consul is used for the official representatives of the government of one state in the territory of another, normally acting to assist and protect the citizens of the consul's own country, and to facilitate trade and friendship between the people of the country to whom he or she is accredited and the country of which he or she is a representative. This distinguishes the consul from the ambassador, who is, technically, a representative from one head of state to another. Thus, while there is but one ambassador representing a nation's head of state to another, and his or her duties revolve around diplomatic relations between the two countries, there may be several consuls, one in each of several main cities, providing assistance with bureaucratic issues to both the citizens of the consul's own country travelling or living abroad, and to the citizens of the country the consul is in who wish to travel to or trade with the consul's country. "

" Activities of a consulate include protecting the interests of their citizens temporarily or permanently resident in the host country, issuing passports; issuing visas to foreigners and public diplomacy. However, the principal role of a consulate lies traditionally in promoting trade—assisting companies to invest and to import and export goods and services both inwardly to their home country and outward to their host country. And although it is never admitted publicly, consulates, like embassies, may also gather intelligence information from the assigned country. "

That is what Indian consulates are doing at best. As for Americans, e they know it, they won't accept it. If you have a brain figure it out why, or else keep posting like before and so will be some others with no brains.

Quit trolling - there is nothing preventing the posters from making the same posts in the relevant thread as advised.

I had already warned Indian posters from hijacking the thread early on when it was created, and I asked S-2 to not digress in my last response to him, and the same message was posted for those whose posts got deleted.

Now if you lot are too thick to understand a plain and simple moderator request to not hijack a thread, then prepare to have posts deleted and be banned.

I don't understand why Pakistan is wasting money on those Afghans we don't have many universities,Hospitals.Those Europeans that say they are reconstructing have all these facilities in their countries.our government should not even spend a dime on these Afghans our economy already suffers much due to smuggling and our youth get's destroyed due to drugs from Afghanistan.In Short Afghanistan is the worst neighbor that a country can have.Even 10000 times worse than INDIA.

@^

To me, Afghan has nothing good. Such a disturbing neighbor. They are the hell beside any country. Is there any medium tall building in Kabul? Or how many building in Kabul? I think one can count easily!

"As for Americans, e they know it, they won't accept it."

And the other forty plus nations, private NGOs, U.N. foreign correspondents (all looking for juicy stories)? Many of whom brook no special love for America? What say they?

Nada.

That's what they say.

Nobody believes Pakistan. Nobody.

It's just that simple.

Everybody believes Pakistan harbors the afghan taliban.

It's just that simple.

SOOOO many more people in Afghanistan than simply America and none of them believe Pakistan about any of this. Not about India nor the sanctuaries and the afghan taliban.

"As for Americans, e they know it, they won't accept it."

And the other forty plus nations, private NGOs, U.N. foreign correspondents (all looking for juicy stories)? Many of whom brook no special love for America? What say they?

Nada.

That's what they say.

Nobody believes Pakistan. Nobody.

It's just that simple.

Everybody believes Pakistan harbors the afghan taliban.

It's just that simple.

SOOOO many more people in Afghanistan than simply America and none of them believe Pakistan about any of this. Not about India nor the sanctuaries and the afghan taliban.

Its just that simple that mere 'belief' does not equate guilt.

Provide evidence or shut up. We all know how accurate the US and its international lackey's 'belief in WMD's in Iraq' turned out to be.

So leave your 'belief' for expression in a house of worship, since that is the only place unsubstantiated ideas have a place.
You have the same as India yet even less of an aid presence in Afghanistan. By your justification, Pakistan's diplomatic mission to Afghanistan should be reduced. Further, while no evidence exists of Indian subterfuge against Afghans, there appears plenty against Pakistan.

Were I the afghans and looking to close consulates, Pakistan might be first on my list.

Rubbish - I preempted this point of yours in my past post:

"Pakistan's presence in Afghanistan is at least justified in terms of the massive cross border Pashtun movement and economic and familial ties between the tribes. Beyond that take it up in the relevant thread please. "

Plus the fact that we are Afghanistan's largest official and unofficial trading partner by miles.

India has no such reason.

Back to topic please. Responses to the above in relevant threads where these discussions have occurred or will be deleted.

Last edited:
While pakistan's investments/aid is commendable given the difficult situation it is in I wonder if this is targeted towards the kabul govt or the pashtuns. Unless the sanctuary question is solved I doubt any amount of aid would mollify the kabul govt.

Pak would also need to either give up its more aggressive policies in afghanistan (like the Indian embassy bombings) or disassociate from groups that commit these. In any case the policy doesn't seem to accomplish the goal of getting the Indians out of afghanistan and only serve to damage relations with the kabul govt.

IMO for pak the massive trade with afghanistan offers better leverage w.r.t afghan govt than direct aid.

taimikhan,

Why did my post get deleted? What was wrong with it? I am not an Indian, if you don't believe me then lets me and start conversing in Pashtu: Zama post de wali delete krrao?

Where is th freedom of speech, do you want every one to praise Pakistan? Why is there no tolerence for one to be critical?

agha zza khushal yum che ba Pukhto k wailo na ta zama 'sympathy' gata lo koshish k

da jabay azadi zamang pa duniya k ijazat neeshta..... da haq munga sa NESHTA.....

da PAKISTANI defence forum day day izat ba satay. Ta ulmun ye aur sta pashantay ulmun munga sara 50 lakh di. Zamong pa mulk k.

Agha lass or pa chamchay banday chak ma wakha che kaam ta ta rotay dar k kai..

:bunny::bunny:

Edit: As per requests

translation for non-Pakhto speakers/brothers/sisters to the best of my ability

I'm glad that you think by speaking Pakhtu language, you think you have our sympathy.

Freedom of speech in our side of the world is -alas- a PRIVILEGE....not a right. (don't blame me for that trend)

this is a Pakistani defence forum. We expect respect.

it appears 4-5 million of your citizens are "guests" (refugee) in our country.

So you please don't bite the hand/spoon that feeds you.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom