What's new

PAK - TURK Relations (Defence)

TAI general director Muharrem Dortkasli says the first T129 ATAK will be handed over to the Turkish armed forces in the third quarter of 2013. Turkey will be responsible for international marketing and sales of the design, and industry sources say several countries are already evaluating the product, including Jordan and Pakistan.

FlightGlobal - Article

To be honest... Turkey can prove to be a better partner in a lot of areas who can provide better technology then our main suppliers US and China.
For instance.
- T-129
US is not willing to provide Apache nor china will be willing to share its top secret stealth helicopter the Z-10... or at most china may come up with a export variant which may not be as good...
- Milgem Corvette
For about the same amount of money china gave us F-22P and US is not even willing to give us anything brand new naval surface platform with TOT.

and their are alot more top of the line technology Turkey is willing to cooperate with pakistan.

yes but with one word turkey would denie us all under international pressure where as china wouldent so growler i think china is our best bid:pakistan::china:

It is not wise for Pakistan to turn her back on China, since China is a major arms supplier. However it is also not wise to build solely on China but have a diversion in cooperation partners.

IMHO it is the best for Pakistan to have tenders in which countries willing to share TOT compete against eachother, this way ensures selection of the best choice.

My predictions about future cooperations between two nation...

-Pakistan and Turkey are going to sign agreement about T-129 Atak and AT missiles such as UMTAS-Cirit...

-Pakistan and Turkey are going to sign agreement about TF-2000 destroyers to co-produce them for not only own requirements but also World markets...

-Pakistan and Turkey is going to sign an agreement to integrate air defence missiles for the naval warships they are going to operate in future such as Milgem and TF-2000 ... Aselsan and Roketsan are developing those missiles now a days... I hope naval version of those missiles will be developed with Pakistani engineers...

-Both Pakistan and Turkey is going to integrate Pakistani Babur missiles for their TF or PF 2000 destroyers for precision long range attack missions...

- Pakistan is going to sign an agreement with Turkey to develop own electronic warfare systems and network centric war systemsbecause Those systems are so strategic that Noone should know any single info about this systems so Only brother nations can share their technological abilities about this area...

-I think Both Pakistan and Turkish engineers are going to develop Pakistani future radar families for all air defence and naval platform units...

I hope We are going to hear happy news about those programs in future... The days when counterparts are signing agreements for some of them, We are going to congradulate eachothers in here...

Regards...

Last edited:
-Pakistan and Turkey is going to sign an agreement to integrate air defence missiles for the naval warships they are going to operate in future such as Milgem and TF-2000 ... Aselsan and Roketsan are developing those missiles now a days... I hope naval version of those missiles will be developed with Pakistani engineers...

Related Low level air defence program consept design... Aselsan-Roketsan team...

BTW, If Turkish SSM accept, Same team (Aselsan-Roketsan) is going to develop medium range VL air defence missile system too... The final desicion will be announced in December 2009...

yes america is directly invoved in turkies any defence deals

No!!! That's not a true assesment about Turkey and our policies... If That was true, It will be prohibition to give all our defence tenders to USA institues but As you see that We have been working not only Italy but also S. Korea, Russia, Chine, Pakistan and many others to develop something...

is it a baloon?

No brother... It is a Male UAV called Tiha Block-A. Pakistan and Turkey have also signed an agreement to develop similar platform...

* Component Fuselage: 10m (33ft)
* Wing Span: 17.3m
* V-Tail: 4.5m
* Max. Take off Weight: 1500kg
* Service ceiling: 30,000 ft
* Endurance: 24 hours
* Cruise speed: >75 kts
* LOS communication range: >200 km
* Useful Load: 250kg
* Electro-optic Color Day Camera (ASELFLIR-300T EO),
* Electro-optic/Infrared/Laser Camera (EO/IR/LRF/LD/Spotter)(ASELFLIR-300T),
* SAR/GMTI, ISAR Payload (Aselsan)