What's new

PAK - TURK Relations (Defence)

Turkey have a another Important Electronic Warfare Project, it is calle'd Stand off Jammer(SOJ). Turkish Air Force will purchase 4 Buisness Jets Gulfstream IV or Bormbardier Global Express and will equipp them with Aselsan Electronic Attack System, I read in some Forums that these Systems have the ability to Jamm enemy AWCAS.

Last edited:
Turkey have a another Important Electronic Warfare Project, it is calle'd Stand off Jammer(SOJ). Turkish Air Force will purchase 4 Buisness Jets Gulfstream IV or Bormbardier Global Express and will equipp them with Aselsan Electronic Attack System, I read in some Forums that these Systems have the ability to Jamm enemy AWCAS.

That's right. We'll probably hear something about it after this coming SSIK meeting.

i wish we had more Naval Think-Tank people on this forum.

I want to know how the MRTP-33 are performing :)

you guys should review Aselsan and Havelsan websites. I can help with translation, though I am pretty sure they have English version too.

I'd like to see more cooperation between PAC & TAI. Our navies traditionally also have very warm and close relations. I have been to the Turk Naval Shipyards @ Golcuk, Kocaeli province.

Many Pakistani sailors go there for training on officer exchange program, if i am not mistaken.

5e9f73a5a2bfb47ff9961c2a3077431f.jpg

Are the Pakistani MRTP's already equipped with missiles?

I don't know brother but friends like turkey should rearm us quickly because in the future Pakistan will be involved in a lot of conflicts.

Pakistan wanted to equip her MRTP's with harpoons. Yonca Onuk specifically designed for Pakistan the harpoon launcher for the MRTP.

India is the biggest adversarry of Pakistan, with her project 28 India want's to develop stealth corvettes for anti submarine warfare. India is looking for partners to help her on stealth technologies and composite materials.

Pakistan is a step ahead of India since Turkey is willing to fully support Pakistan in these.

A strong brother nation is strategically very important for Turkey.

ASELSAN STAMP gun would be sufficient for MRTP. Those are not meant to fire missiles. Torpedo maybe.

They are guard/fast-attack boats

ASELSAN STAMP gun would be sufficient for MRTP. Those are not meant to fire missiles. Torpedo maybe.

I don't know. The MRTP-40 is a pretty decent sized boat. 44 is getting even bigger. Yonca-Onuk has designed the 4X series with Harpoon or similar missiles in mind. At war, these boats come in extremely useful. Fast and ultra-maneuverable. In many cases they'll be more dangerous than frigates!

d35ee54d34c7a1b078974bd1fd037467.jpg

Aselsan's Hellfire I/II launcher can be integrated on even smaller MRTP boats.

Again, with a surprise attack you can take out a much bigger combattant out of the game with these. Raid a naval base with a couple missile-MRTPs and the battle will likely be over for the enemy before they know it.

and According to MSI magazine, Aselsan Hellfire launchers will be equipped with Roketsan UMTAS missiles... I mean We can call it like Umtas Naval launchers... :)

and According to MSI magazine, Aselsan Hellfire launchers will be equipped with Roketsan UMTAS missiles... I mean We can call it like Umtas Naval launchers... :)

As far I know UMTAS have a tandem Warhead which is only usefull against Armoured Land Targets. For the Naval Role, UMTAS must need a blast Fragment Warhead to destroy enemy Patrol Boats or little Ships.

Or work Roketsan on a UMTAS Naval Version with Blast Fragment Warhead ?

Last edited:
Or work Roketsan on a UMTAS Naval Version with Blast Fragment Warhead ?

Who knows bro... Roketsan is working too hard to develop every type technology around their expertises including armours, space rockets...Why not a naval version of UMTAS...

Greetings to our Turk brothers on here.

The big project that Pakistan’s naval chiefs are looking to join in on is the Turkish TF-2000 frigate program, as part of Navy’s fleet expansion. We have had the Chinese F22 and now the soon to be finalized deal for the 054. So far with the Turks it has been the Milgem, the next big step is the TF-2000.

Although Pakistan may select TF-2000, it will be unable to acquire the SM-2 from the U.S., and thus will likely be inclined towards a variant of HHQ-9 as its long-range SAM. I wonder if Turkey would be interested in further improving the HHQ-9?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom