PAK - TURK Relations (Defence)

Asır Termal Sight !!!

AselsnaASIR.jpg

Last edited:
Turkish arms exports break record in 2009

Monday, June 14, 2010
ÜMÝT ENGÝNSOY
ANKARA - Hürriyet Daily News

Last year's Turkish arms exports were a 16 percent increase over the figure for 2008, which was $576 million.
Turkey's defense industry exported arms and other defense equipment worth $669 million in 2009, marking the highest figure in its history, an umbrella organization of Turkish defense companies said over the weekend.

Last year's arms exports were a 16 percent increase over the figure for 2008, which was $576 million, said the Defense Industry Manufacturers Association, or SaSad, in a report.

"This increase came despite the global financial crisis," SaSaD said.

According to SaSad figures, the Turkish defense industry exported arms worth $331 million in 2003, $196 million in 2004, $337 million in 2005, $352 million in 2006 and $420 million in 2007.

Out of the 2008 figure of $576 million, a 33 percent went to space and aviation; another 29 percent to land vehicles and other platforms; 13 percent to electronics and electro-optics; 9 percent to weapons, ammunition, rockets and missiles; 9 percent to software and information technologies; and another 7 percent other sectors.

Turkish arms exports break record in 2009 - Hurriyet Daily News and Economic Review

Aselsan-Havelsan-Milsoft-Pirireis-Tubitak institues have participated this meeting to introduce the latest activities of Turkish defence industry...

Pakistan should have been like Turkiye. It's not too late.
The fact is turkey also faced military coup more than once i think. But its good they are back on track and moving fast. Turkey is an example for us. Almost same size, Kind of same history (regarding military coups) but they are on a boost now. I dont know when our leaders will learn from their mistakes.

Way to go turkey.

I remember 10 years ago when I visited PAF base Sargodha,Pakistan... I met turkish pilots deployed there and it was such a treat talking to them . We share everything with Turkey , even the name of our language 'urdu' comes from Turkish language, Pakistan cannot have friends better then Turkey and China . In Erdogan Muslims have found a new Pan-Islamic leader ... Long Live Turkey

Back
Top Bottom