What's new

Pak will be third largest economy in the Asia: Prati

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Karachi—Vincenzo Prati the outgoing Ambassador of Italy has stated that he had no doubt in his mind that Pakistan would be the third greatest economy in the Asian Continent. He was speaking at a farewell reception held here in his honor by (CNG/LPG systems leaders) Landirenzo Pakistan.

Having said that the Envoy prompted to add that his wife was Japanese and he considered Japan as ‘some islands beyond’: “If we consider the (Asian) Continent itself, I think Pakistan deserves to be the third biggest economy. It is of interest to all partners of Pakistan to consolidate our cooperation with Pakistan and never tier ourselves to renew the efforts. Things are never easy so we need to be patient and resilient”. Vincenzo Prati, who has contributed tremendously towards ameliorating Pak-Italy relationship during his sojourn here, has unassumingly stated that he was only representing Italian citizens and the Government: “Our strength is not our own strength. Our strength is the strength of the people behind us and in this case we have very valuable companies working in Pakistan. Recalling his recent meeting with the Governor State Bank of Pakistan, Prati maintained: “He is a man of great vision and he knows that the future of Pakistan is the future of the economy; also of the relations of Pakistani economy with the partners ... multiplying contacts with all the neighbors and partners to improve its economy. We should think of Pakistan as a great economy of the future. It is already an important economy but I have no doubt in my mind that Pakistan will become even more important”.

Commenting on the crisis Italian company Landirenzo (and Japanese companies like Suzuki) had to face due to Government’s restriction on CNG, he maintained: “When the Japanese Ambassador, the Argentinean Ambassador and myself went to speak to the Pakistani authority we were not speaking on our own of course but on behalf of the important companies that are part of our countries. They are working in Pakistan and contributing to the welfare of Pakistan, not only of their own countries. I have to say that they stood by the Pakistani authorities; they of course share the common goal to improve relations because it is in the interest of both the countries”. Maintaining that there was always a margin of compromise whenever there were divergences he said: “We have good understanding that there is a margin of maneuver. We hope that Pakistani government and the companies will reach a compromise that this is in line with Pakistani expectations. Italian Ambassador concluded his address with a note of optimism: “I am sure that if Suzuki, Toyota, Landirenzo and other concerned companies continue to fight their good battle, Pakistani authorities would be on their side sooner or later”.

First Secretary Italian Embassy Dr. Federico Bianchi speaking on the occasion has said: “Today we get here to bid farewell to our Ambassador Vincenzo Prati who will be leaving soon this beautiful country that he had served for the last four years. We also took the occasion of our trip to the financial and the economic hub of the country to discuss the issue of Landirenzo and the other Italian and foreign companies that had invested in CNG in the past years”. He said that the Italian Embassy in the past months had been working with the Pakistani authorities to find measures to protect the investments that Landirenzo had made in Karachi and in Sindh. We continue to hope that Pakistani authorities would continue to take into consideration the measures that we have proposed which are in line with the decision of the Economic Coordination Committee to move from CNG to LPG: “But that also allowed us to protect the investment of foreign companies mostly Italian and Japanese in Karachi and Sindh”. Dr. Bianchi further said: “Since December we have been receiving the news that CNG is finishing in Pakistan due to some ban imposed by the Government.

Pak will be third largest economy in the Asia: Prati

Good luck and all the best for the progress of Pakistan...A secure, stable and economically prosperous pakistan will have a major impact with the destiny of billions of people of south asia..

Pakistan definitively has the potential however they will never get there if they are always sidetracked by corrupt politicians and countless military coups.

Third largest economy in Asia, not possible because see who are your competitors and GDP growth.

Pakistan definitively has the potential however they will never get there if they are always sidetracked by corrupt politicians and countless military coups.

Ironically, the Economy has thrived under the Military rule compared with the corrupt Politicians.

I would compare the Economy under Ayub Khan's Period with any Politician's.

Even the inept Musharraf showed better results than both Nawaz and Zardari.

Military coup should be the last resort to save the country. Let us hope that with Imran Khan victory that won't be necessary.

Ironically, the Economy has thrived under the Military rule compared with the corrupt Politicians.

was also high during Zia's period as well...

It is in the interest of India to see Pakistan grow,

Good luck and all the best for the progress of Pakistan...A secure, stable and economically prosperous pakistan will have a major impact with the destiny of billions of people of south asia..

I detest it when Indians keep saying we Pakistanis have anything do with you.

I wouldn't even want to mention Pakistan as a 100% South Asian country.

We Pakistanis have more in common with Afghanistan than with Bharat!

We Pakistanis have nothing to do with Bharat!

Its a good thing that the stupid westerners are waking up that Pakistan is a country with massive potential.

Italy is one of the few Western countries in the world that respects Pakistan. It has always improved our image.
italian-flag-54.gif
:pakistan:

Military coup should be the last resort to save the country. Let us hope that with Imran Khan victory that won't be necessary.

If Imran Khan fails might as well get ready for another coup.

poor Italian amby.... his geography is in doldrums :D

nonetheless economically stable and strong Pakistan is surely in everyone's best interest. many of the youth resorting to terrorism in Pakistan do so due to economic incentives. So economic prosperity will go a long way in bringing stability in the region.

Potential wise yes and lot of plus point.

I have Italian friends here in Canada, and they happen to love Pakistan.. I have also noticed this amongst Swedes and Norwegians.

Potential wise yes and lot of plus point.

My words!

Potential wise yes, but after the stability and complete elimination of terrorism is must before any dream for being the third largest economy in Asia.

I detest it when Indians keep saying we Pakistanis have anything do with you.

I wouldn't even want to mention Pakistan as a 100% South Asian country.

We Pakistanis have more in common with Afghanistan than with Bharat!

We Pakistanis have nothing to do with Bharat!

Its a good thing that the stupid westerners are waking up that Pakistan is a country with massive potential.

Does it make any sense to the topic...or you just want to bash India irrespective of the subject...It is not like India decides Pakistan geography to be part of South Asia...Geography can not be changed dude...If we could...India could have changed long time back...So you accept it or not ...India has to live with you like persons as neighour...

Back
Top Bottom