IMAG1147_zpsb27cd0f8.jpg

IMAG1148_zps12de18c0.jpg

IMAG1149_zpsa6078ae4.jpg

IMAG1151_zpsd6395600.jpg

IMAG1152_zps7eb66198.jpg

IMAG1153_zps76586741.jpg

IMAG1156_zps74302ff7.jpg

IMAG1157_zps66674223.jpg

This is actually a right step. At least it's something. I mean, in the future when electricity woes are resolved in Lahore, which seems to be working as many power plants are coming up in Punjab region, this infrastructure can be converted into an electric tram line or light rail system for cleaner transport.

its like u spent all the money u had for clothes/bills on ur new cellphone and now u roam naked flaunting abt ur new phone #PakFirstMetroBus

I wish to congratulate Pakistanis in general and Lahorites in particular. The people who would enjoy this facility the most are the ones who put up with the woes of construction because of the insane parallel development, instead of intelligent sequential implementation of this project: political (electoral) considerations trumping logical thinking. But I suppose some sort of record must have been made despite the trouble thanks to obsessive focus of Shahbaz Sharif.

It is important to note that it is only 1/5 of what needs to be in place in Lahore. I hope the other phases do not cause similar problems during development / implementations.

I am a PTI supporter, but I can not keep from giving credit to SS for achieving this landmark project. I mean it could have been done in a better way, but still credit is due. I hope fellow PTI supporters would not be partisan in appreciation. Later we can dissect problems with this project, but today, let us appreciate the development.

Special thanks to brotherly country of Turkey. SS mentioned in his speech that the bill for their technical consultation was only USD 700,000. I mean this is unbelievable. Pakistan-Turkey Dosti Zindabad.

its like u spent all the money u had for clothes/bills on ur new cellphone and now u roam naked flaunting abt ur new phone #PakFirstMetroBus

I wish there was an un-thank or Boo option. This comment is below belt. Buddy do our mega urban centers not deserve mass transit projects?

Would you repeat same comments if another squadron of Jet fighters was raised? Similar logic should apply.

It maybe worthwhile to visit #Metro to read some comments. Most striking are the ones by people who have a case of bad heart-burn. There is something to be said about PTI trolls. These people will be the undoing of PTI someday.

In anycase some interesting tweets from #Metro:

Journo Maria Memon:
#MetroBus service: A job well done and for those who think this is an election stunt --I hope others pull such a stunt too.

Some PTI troll by the name of Arshad Syed (I agree with him though):
In #MetroBus public will go to polling stations to vote for #PTI #MetroPhussSystem

Some guy called Aasim:
No bus system or rail system like #MetroBus in Karachi means Karachi people always vote wrong people

PML N: Lahorion k vote chayen yaar. Chalo #MetroBus banaen. MQM: Karachi walon k vote chayen yaar. Chalo fireworks kareyn! :\

Im not supporting any political party..but a job well done,needs to be appreciated..#MetroBus is a gud step for da ppl..Well done

#MetroBus @cmshahbaz #PTI when will one ever learn to appreciate the good things an adversary does? I am so sick of all these negativities

Mayor of #bogota was a pioneer in this bus rapid transit system(brts). Completely transformed the city #metrobus

Protesting young doctors spoil Metro Bus inauguration
By Web Desk
Published: February 10, 2013
LAHORE: The Young Doctors Association (YDA) Punjab created chaos during the Metro Bus Service inauguration ceremony in Lahore on Sunday after failing to meet Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif, reported Express News.

The young doctors have been holding a week long hunger strike demanding the provincial government to fulfil their demands.

At the inaugural event, police launched a crackdown against the protest, arresting young doctors. The arrested doctors were dragged on the roads and thrown into police vans.

Leaders of young doctors Hamid Butt and Nasir Bukhari were, however, not arrested.

Security was beefed up at Jail Road and Nishtar colony after the incident.

Police also baton-charged parliamentarian Shaukat Basra who had arrived at the event to participate in the young doctors protest.

Basra told the media that he was severely beaten up by the police and was wounded.

He said that he was beaten up at the behest of Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif and an FIR will be lodged against him.

SP Model Town Awais Malik accused Basra of provoking the doctors after having a harsh exchange of words with him.
Basra also abused Punjab authorities and police force in public.

The YDA Punjab’s protests had begun on February 8 after seven doctors were arrested for roughing up the medical superintendent of Gujranwala District Headquarters Hospital.
Protesting young doctors spoil Metro Bus inauguration – The Express Tribune

2964_502349586470319_18511479_n.jpg

537832_502349316470346_2068549210_n.jpg

561595_502349226470355_794557498_n.jpg

I wish to congratulate Pakistanis in general and Lahorites in particular. The people who would enjoy this facility the most are the ones who put up with the woes of construction because of the insane parallel development, instead of intelligent sequential implementation of this project: political (electoral) considerations trumping logical thinking. But I suppose some sort of record must have been made despite the trouble thanks to obsessive focus of Shahbaz Sharif.

It is important to note that it is only 1/5 of what needs to be in place in Lahore. I hope the other phases do not cause similar problems during development / implementations.

I am a PTI supporter, but I can not keep from giving credit to SS for achieving this landmark project. I mean it could have been done in a better way, but still credit is due. I hope fellow PTI supporters would not be partisan in appreciation. Later we can dissect problems with this project, but today, let us appreciate the development.

Special thanks to brotherly country of Turkey. SS mentioned in his speech that the bill for their technical consultation was only USD 700,000. I mean this is unbelievable. Pakistan-Turkey Dosti Zindabad.

I wish there was an un-thank or Boo option. This comment is below belt. Buddy do our mega urban centers not deserve mass transit projects?

Would you repeat same comments if another squadron of Jet fighters was raised? Similar logic should apply.

Honestly , Seeing first "rational" comments from any PTI supporter...... I am not an ardent supporter of PML-N either... but as a Pakistani, I just feel the heat of attitudes of supporters....

It maybe worthwhile to visit #Metro to read some comments. Most striking are the ones by people who have a case of bad heart-burn. There is something to be said about PTI trolls. These people will be the undoing of PTI someday.

In anycase some interesting tweets from #Metro:

Journo Maria Memon:
#MetroBus service: A job well done and for those who think this is an election stunt --I hope others pull such a stunt too.

Some PTI troll by the name of Arshad Syed (I agree with him though):
In #MetroBus public will go to polling stations to vote for #PTI #MetroPhussSystem

Some guy called Aasim:
No bus system or rail system like #MetroBus in Karachi means Karachi people always vote wrong people

PML N: Lahorion k vote chayen yaar. Chalo #MetroBus banaen. MQM: Karachi walon k vote chayen yaar. Chalo fireworks kareyn! :\

Im not supporting any political party..but a job well done,needs to be appreciated..#MetroBus is a gud step for da ppl..Well done

#MetroBus @cmshahbaz #PTI when will one ever learn to appreciate the good things an adversary does? I am so sick of all these negativities

Mayor of #bogota was a pioneer in this bus rapid transit system(brts). Completely transformed the city #metrobus

I am PTI supporter i do appreciate SS work if some one criticizes it doesnt means its some jealousy factor every one's brain thinks different things no one can force them to think same things and secondly SS did good work even if he turns Lahore into bogota still i will vote imran khan , majority of PTI's supporters thinks on national level not on city level if i had to vote as a lahori i surely will vote PML N but when it is about provincial level or country level i will vote imran khan

Back
Top Bottom