182247_150881361735463_323440212_n.jpg
579540_502507376454540_1612207348_n.jpg
65250_502507903121154_1837458143_n.jpg
179793_502507939787817_1492330260_n.jpg
404474_154409078049358_1494755851_n.jpg

Beautiful pictures.

?????

What's the point pc?
He meant Benazir income support program was better.
Also, investment in Education sector is more worth, we see the condition of government schools, now few of them are place of animals, We can see the illiterate public, once announced the free service, how they are jumping and hanging on doors.

At all those who are whining about bhookee junglee awaam.

Give them some time. When there won't be any free ride and they would have to buy a ticket. Things would improve and people would learn how to use these services properly. Stop calling your countrymen junglee and illiterate as you are also part of it.

He meant Benazir income support program was better.
Also, investment in Education sector is more worth, we see the condition of government schools, now few of them are place of animals, We can see the illiterate public, once announced the free service, how they are jumping and hanging on doors.

Money should be spent on education. Yes. But that doesn't mean we should providing better commuting facilities to our people. Both happen side by side in any reasonable government.

Stop calling your countrymen junglee and illiterate as you are also part of it.

I am not part of it, i am educated person, i can't act like these junglee persons, i'll prefer taxi or my car instead of travelling in this type of crowd and rush. Educated people can't act like this as we see in pictures. This is surely jahil awaam in pics.
Anyway, best of luck for this service, i hope that people realize importance of assets and take care of this.

I am not part of it, i am educated person, i can't act like these junglee persons, i'll prefer taxi or my car instead of travelling in this type of crowd and rush. Educated people can't act like this as we see in pictures. This is surely jahil awaam in pics.
Anyway, best of luck for this service, i hope that people realize importance of assets and take care of this.

The way you are behaving you pretty much junglee yourself.

I do not know if this has been posted else where or earlier. Something official at least:

Bus project cost Rs 29.8 billion - thenews.com.pk
Javaid Aslam said that for Lahore, this system was built on a 27-kilometre route which was recommended by SYSTRA as most feasible rout for light rail operation.

BRTS for Lahore has, however, been completed at only 15 per cent to 20 per cent of the cost for a light rail network, he said, adding that the total cost of BRTS, named as Metro Bus Lahore, was less than Rs 30 billion. He said this project was divided into 11 packages and completed at a total cost of Rs 29,821.762 million. The approved packages included Rs 5,411.075 million for Youhanabad to Kalma Chowk, Rs 5,482.902 million for Kalma Chowk to Qurtaba Chowk, Rs 5,148.948 million for Qurtaba Chowk to MAO College, Rs 3,411.839 million for MAO College to Bhaati Chowk, Rs 2,590.782 million for Texali Chowk to Shahdara Morr, Rs 849.691 million for Additional Bridge along Lahore Bridge, Rs 1,930.017 million for Gajju Matta to Youhanabad, Rs 3,227.176 for Erection of Escalators and Platform Screen Doors, Rs 1,026.193 million for Construction of Bus Depot and Rs 743.139 million for Automated Fare Collection and Bus Scheduling.

It is not really surprising to see an elitist attitude displayed by some. Many in our country have such attitude because they feel superior to others based on wealth, education, family name, etc... Most shameful for a country created in name of a religion that strives to abolish distinctions and promote egalitarianism and brotherhood.

Now way it costed Rs.30bn .

All the payments were made through LDA & they account to near Rs.76bn .

In California they have a law , Anti Gheto Law, acording to that the owner of home can be charged a Penelty if their home or Property is not well taken care of

a) Properly painted
b) Having a lawn with green grass and plants
c) No Grafitti

Pakistan Needs such laws , to improve the appearance of cities and create Million jobs for painters , carpenters , gardeners

Also Pakistan needs to implement a law aginst the sign board on the buildings to limit the size and location where you can place these signs

Use-an-MLS-Listing-to-Find-Orange-County-California-Homes-for-Sale.jpg

Pakistani homes , help ruine the appearance of City

And this is nothing to do with Money in Pakistan , these are basic housing standards

Pakistani cities look like they have been Neutronm bombed with grafiti and neglect

182247_150881361735463_323440212_n.jpg

Why would one make this service free for a Month?

Who'll want the public to share the blame if the crowd dismantles some of the sparking red buses?

Where are the razakars/volunteers which were supposed to put some sense in the minds of the mod and distribute the user's manual?

I'm trying to figure this out.

Bus fare should be , one direction rate , when the bus reaches end of line , every one should be removed from bus , and then new passengers should get in bus and pay fare again for return trip

A sensible article. No partisanship. Just analysis. Also mentions prospects of Karachi's mass transit system and inclusion of BRT. I am pasting just the first three paragraphs. From personal experience, I know that this guy is telling the truth:

Is the Lahore Metrobus a folly or far-sighted? – The Express Tribune

The first thing you will notice is the eerie quiet after the doors shut. There are perhaps a few whispers, a cough, the humming of the air conditioning, and the pssst sound every time the driver applies the air brakes.
It is actually a reverent silence, the silence of the people of Lahore traveling in the brand new Metrobus. I experienced it on a late winter afternoon as I headed to meet a friend for coffee. Since I didn’t have a travel card, I got a token from the self-service ticket vending machine at the station, and walked down to the platform. I looked up at the LED information board — the next bus was arriving in one minute. A red bus pulled up. People queued. The bus docked, its doors opened simultaneously. Two women walked out, the rest of us shuffled in. The doors shut behind us. And then there was silence.
Shahbaz Sharif is a true Lahori, theatrical in his very essence. All his work is imbued by immense drama. He dreams up grand projects, and executes them at lightening speeds. By the time the opponents grasp the idea of his latest fancy and start protesting, the project is up and running. The Lahore Metrobus has been no exception.

Back
Top Bottom