What's new

Pakistan Air Force To Gain Superiority Over Indian Air Force

sudhir007

Reaction score
Pakistan Air Force To Gain Superiority Over Indian Air Force ~ ASIAN DEFENSE

The Indian media has expressed shock and dismay over the revelations that the IAF will lose its superiority to the PAF within the next one to two years. The crisis hit Indian Armed Forces, rocked by various scams, corruption allegations and infighting, seems to have overlooked the procurement of much needed fighter aircraft, which is needed to guard its skies. At present, the IAF is operating 34 fighter jet squadrons, as compared to the 26 operated by the PAF. However, the IAF needs to operate 39.5 squadrons to maintain its superiority over the PAF, due to a wide variety of issues like geographical disadvantage. The squadron strength of the IAF will drop to just 31 during the country’s 12th five year plan (2012-2017). The IAF also plans to phase out around 125 Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21 fighter jets during 2014-2017.

It plans to replace them with the HAL Tejas, whose induction is likely to get delayed. On the other hand, the PAF is moving forward with a number of high profile aircraft deals. Pakistan recently received 14 General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon (Block-52) aircraft from the US. It is likely to acquire 14 more within a short time. PAF is also actively pursuing aircraft dealings with Chinese aerospace companies. It has finalized a deal to purchase 36 Chengdu J-10 multirole fighter aircraft, from the Chinese aircraft manufacturer Chengdu Aircraft Industry Corporation.

PAF is likely to induct these aircrafts in 2014. Sources within the PAF claim that as many as 150 of these fighter jets will be purchased from China in the long run. Recently India had finalized a defence deal with the French aerospace manufacturer Dassault Aviation for the delivery of 126 Dassault Rafale Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft. But the deal has come under increasing scrutiny after allegations of kickbacks being given to Indian defence officials. Even if the deal goes forward, the delivery of the fighter jet is expected to take a long time. Earlier the Dassault Rafale was rejected by nations such as Singapore, South Korea, Morocco and Switzerland, citing lack of advanced technology and cost.

Ever since the current Prime Minister Man Mohan Singh took his office for a second term in 2009, the defence scene has remained murky and problematic for the Indian government. The Army chief, Gen. VK Singh, who undertook a number of reforms within the armed forces, was asked to resign this month by the defence minister, citing an error in his officially reported date of birth. The opposition claims that the government terminated Gen. Singh’s service since he was opposed to the corruption in the Armed Forces. A loyalist of the ruling Indian National Congress party, Lt Gen. Bikram Singh will take over the leadership from Gen. VK Singh on June 1, 2012.

where did Indian media express its dismay?I didn't really come across any such thing and the article only highlights the bad parts,not the good ones..like from induction of Super hercules(c-130j) to submarine hunters(P-8i) and many more.

By the way,I wonder why you posted an article from this source,which calls itself "Asian Defence" But the banner reads:
"A Country without a strong defense is at the mercy of any aggressor. Pakistan must build up her defense as quickly as possible. It must be an efficient air force,army and navy second to none"
I guess that should be enough to prove its audenticity and intention to write such article.

Btw,the corruption and scams didn't erupt in Air Force,it was in the army(procurement of Tatra trucks) ..I guess the Pakistani author was in too much hurry,that he overloked facts.

Yes paf is only getting stronger day by day due to addition of jf 17 :lol: in there arsenal .
Until the arrival of Rafa bhai i.e. 2014 the ratio is decreasing but eventually we will again attain the superiourity :thinktank:

Whatever... this might help speeding up IAF modernization. After army chief letter the tank ammo was purchased and recently M777 as well.

But PAF 26 sqn Vs IAF 31 sqn would imbalance the force.We need 50 sqn at least.

Didn't knew current situation is catastrophic for IAF :lol: ( according to this report)

Whatever... this might help speeding up IAF modernization. After army chief letter the tank ammo was purchased and recently M777 as well.

But PAF 26 sqn Vs IAF 31 sqn would imbalance the force.We need 50 sqn at least.

Naah.......what we need is a replacement of our good old migs .
Who would have the courage to even dream of facing such an arsenal
Sukhoi 30 mki :cheesy:
Rafale :cheesy:
Mig 29
Jaguars :P
Tejas mark 1 & 2 . :yahoo:

I don't know credibility to this article source. But Indian media always over-exaggerate things...

I was in Bonn last month at EU Framework conference, a guest speaker from EU commission said: 65% of Indian media is full of people with Anti India values... who don't care about national interest... just to grab more readers results to more earning.

As an example... he dint name of any publication but it was understood, he was talking about Times of India and some one called Sekar Gupte ... has some program walk The Talk

chilll..see the source....@fake and cooked news dished out for a particulat segment of people....

Naah.......what we need is a replacement of our good old migs .
Who would have the courage to even dream of facing such an arsenal
Sukhoi 30 mki :cheesy:
Rafale :cheesy:
Mig 29
Jaguars :P
Tejas mark 1 & 2 . :yahoo:

We can jump when we have all those ready to use... you know how defense procurements work here :D

Let's talk about the present 26 Vs 34 sqn. This is not convincing at all as we got lot of flying coffins. PAF is perhaps the most potent force Pak has which can surprise.

I don't know credibility to this article source. But Indian media always over-exaggerate things...

I was in Bonn last month at EU Framework conference, a guest speaker from EU commission said: 65% of Indian media is full of people with Anti India values... who don't care about national interest... just to grab more readers results to more earning.

As an example... he dint name of any publication but it was understood, he was talking about Times of India and some one called Sekar Gupte ... has some program walk The Talk

Agreed.This is because they like TRP and not controlled by govt.Govt often supress defense related inadequacies which has proved to be fatal.

But sometime it's good in a way when over-exaggeration takes place by our sensational media. The Indian govt keeps sleeping most of the time and takes action late.See the latest so called 'leaks' of army chief which lead in speeding up of ammo and howitzers.

Agreed.This is because they like TRP and not controlled by govt.Govt often supress defense related inadequacies which has proved to be fatal.

But sometime it's good in a way when over-exaggeration takes place by our sensational media. The Indian govt keeps sleeping most of the time and takes action late.See the latest so called 'leaks' of army chief which lead in speeding up of ammo and howitzers.

Back
Top Bottom