What's new

Pakistan Airforce Promotions

A.Rahman

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
AVM Hifazat promoted as Air Marshal

ISLAMABAD, Jul 4 (APP): The Government has promoted Air Vice Marshal Hifazat Ullah Khan to the rank of Air Marshal, said press release of Directorate of Media Affairs of PAF here Wednesday.

Air Marshal Hifazat Ullah Khan was commissioned in General Duties (Pilot) branch of PAF on 26 October, 1974. He served as fighter pilot in various squadrons of Pakistan Air Force. He has qualified Flying Instructors’ Course, Combat Commanders’ Course, PAF Air War Course and French War Course. During his career he has commanded a fighter Squadron, a Fighter Wing, an Operational Air Base and a Regional Air Command. He has also been Director General (NAB) at Peshawar. Presently he is serving as Deputy Chief of the Air Staff (Personnel). He has also served as Naval and Air Attache in Saudi Arabia. He holds Masters degree in War Studies.

He is recipient of hilal-i-Imtiaz (Military), Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military) and Tamgha-i-Imtiaz (Military).

A funny story about Hifazat when he came to Risalpur I was 2 sqd and this kid Big built no hair on his head looked like an officer,I mean he looked Like an officer normally you could tell JUNIOR from their hair cut now he didn't have any hair so he is walking in his coverall and officers used to salute him and he used to come to me and say

SIR MAIN KAY KAROON they all think I am an officer and that is excatly what happend when the Instructors found out he is a cadet not an officer, he got into big trouble I still remember he was hidding all over the base :rofl: PAF is lucky to have pilots and now leaders like him.

Last edited:
Brother MuradK
Nice to know we have people like you who can give us insight into these otherwise unknown quantities, to the outside world. PAF has a history of choosing its leaders wisely(with one or two exceptions!!) and we are glad to hear that they are on the right track this time as well.
WaSalam
Araz

Neo we have his photo on the forum.
here you go.

fa1992cec04709dc30e2b1d59acc8160.jpg

Thanks for the pic Sir, I assume AVM Hifazat is the one in front?

2 air vice marshals promoted to air marshals

Staff Report

ISLAMABAD: The government on Wednesday promoted air vice marshals Tahir Rafique Butt and Farhat Hussain Khan to the rank of air marshal, the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) said in a statement.

Air Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt has done a flight instructors course, combat commanders course, Turkish air staff course and an armed forces war course. During his career, he has commanded a fighters’ squadron, a fighters’ wing and two PAF bases.

He has served as deputy director plans, director flight safety, assistant chief of air staff (Personnel), assistant chief of air staff (Training), NAB’s director general (Frontier), commandant National Security College at the National Defence University and air officer commanding of the Southern Air Command base in Karachi. He has also served in Zimbabwe on deputation. He is a recipient of the Hilal-e-Imtiaz (Military), Sitara-e-Imtiaz (Military) and Tamgha-e-Basalat.

Air Marshal Farhat Hussain Khan has commanded a fighters’ squadron, a fighters’ wing and an operational base. He is a graduate of the Combat Commanders’ School and has undertaken the air war course and national defence course. He has served as an assistant director general of the Air Strategic Command, chief project director of the JF-17 aircraft at Air Headquarters, and as air attaché in India and has also served. He had recently been appointed as chairman Pakistan Aeronautical Complex at Kamra. He is a recipient of the Hilal-e-Imtiaz (Military), Sitara-e-Imtiaz (Military) and Sitara-e-Basalat.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Perhaps, I met Farhat Hussain in 1990-91, in PAF Model School Sargodha and I asked him about Combat Radius... I belive He was the one who landed F-16 twice without engine power...any body please confirm...

Ofcourse I was studying in the school and was attracted by the uniform...which compelled me to talk to him..

Three air commodores promoted

Staff Reporter

ISLAMABAD: The government on Friday promoted Air Commodore Sohail Aman, Air Commodore Syed Razi Nawab and Air Commodore Syed Hassan Raza to the rank of Air Vice Marshal.

Sohail Aman was commissioned in Pakistan Air Force on 28th November, 1980, in flying branch. He has flown various types of fighter aircraft on the inventory of PAF during his career. He has commanded a fighters' squadron, a fighters, wing (Combat Commanders' School) and an operational air base.

In staff appointments, he has served at Air Headquarters as director operations, director plans and assistant chief of air staff (operations). He is a graduate of Combat Commanders' School, Air War College and Royal College of Defence Studies, UK. He is a recipient of Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military) and Tamgha-i-Imtiaz (Military).

Air Vice Marshal Syed Razi Nawab was commissioned in Pakistan Air Force on 28th November, 1980, in flying branch. He has flown various types of fighter aircraft on the inventory of PAF during his career. He has commanded a Fighters' squadron, a fighters' wing and an operational air base. In staff appointments, he has served at Air Headquarters as director strategic plans and deputy inspector general, Air Force. He is a graduate of Combat Commanders' School, Air War College and National Defence University, Islamabad. He is a recipient of Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military).

all 3 are course-mates!

i post this yesterday my dear sir.any way sir murad can disscuss abut these new entry.

I would like to suggest that we make a "Airforce News" or "PAF News" thread (and maybe sticky it) instead of making new threads for every piece of information.

Back
Top Bottom