What's new

Pakistan and India heading towards war ???

Tehmasib

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Can the cross firing at LOC between Pakistan and India be start of war ??
Naik Ashraf martyr on kundi post last night ??? need you comment on this recent hot issue....
regards

In times of tension, the general approach is to think of strategies to make the “other side” feel the pinch. If you are smarting from a reverse, soldiers think of getting even.

We, who inhabit India and Pakistan, are more than conversant with such scenarios. They have been part and parcel of our lives since the emergence of two independent nations in 1947.

In the last week, India and Pakistan have exchanged fire across the Line of Control (LoC), with Delhi asserting that two of its soldiers were killed and their bodies mutilated on January 8, a charge that Islamabad has denied.

On January 7, Indian Deputy High Commissioner Gopal Baglay was called to the Pakistan Foreign Office, where he was told of an unprovoked attack by Indian troops in the Hajipir sector on January 6.

Again, on January 11, the Pakistani side stated that one soldier was killed in unprovoked Indian firing. This, and other incidents of firing, went against the spirit of the India-Pakistan peace process, Pakistani Foreign Secretary Jalil Abbas Jilani told Indian High Commissioner Sharat Sabharwal.

On January 12, Indian air chief N.A.K. Browne said Delhi might have to look at other options in the wake of Pakistani violations of the LoC.

Indian External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid, however, said in an interview on the same day: “We think this will pass. We think we have enough agreements in place between the Pakistanis and ourselves to counter these issues … the mutilation and the beheading that took place is tragic …”

Earlier, Pakistani Foreign Minister ruled out a Pakistani hand in the killing of two Indian soldiers on January 8 and offered a third-party inquiry into the incident.

Any impartial observer would note that there’s a context to the claims of ceasefire violations by the two sides, and it’s always the “other party” to blame.

Both The Hindu newspaper and DNA reported their own versions of what might have led to the current clashes – giving a background of the recent tensions.

As this blog is written on Sunday, at least one news agency is reporting that there will be a flag meeting between the Indian and Pakistani sides on Monday at 1 pm Indian time.

There’s little doubt that India and Pakistan are up to their old games along the LoC – the circumstances may be disputed, but the fact that soldiers are being killed is clear.

After a futile limited war in Kargil, India and Pakistan had shown great, good sense to put in place what can only be called a “sudden” ceasefire in November 2003.

Without getting into too many details here, let me just say that the ceasefire happened in three days in November 2003, driven by a solid back-channel between India and Pakistan.

This was an event of exemplary importance and has no doubt saved countless lives of Indian and Pakistani soldiers and allowed civilians on both sides of the LoC to lead fairly normal lives.

Largely, this ceasefire has held. Cross-LoC trade and bus services have also added to the confidence that India and Pakistan wanted to move on from old adversarial POSITIONS.

Nothing significant has been added on to the ceasefire agreement between India and Pakistan since 2003 as to how their differences are to be sorted out.

After showing dramatic political will then, India and Pakistan have done next to nothing in the last 10 years towards putting in place a structure that would lead to greater conversation among local-level military commanders and ensure that firing is history.

The Indians will tell you about their fear that the Pakistani army is still “pushing” jihadis across the LoC, a charge that Rawalpindi will definitely deny.

But these are excuses. The real problem is that there is no political will in Delhi and Islamabad to take the next steps to make the peace process genuinely irreversible.

I am not one of those who share the view of impending war, but believe that television hawks in India have had a field day demanding “more” from their government.

In sectors along the LoC and international border, where both sides feel secure, should not there be a move to move troops back from eyeball-to-eyeball confrontation?

Yet again, if the two sides had been able to come to an agreement on demilitarising Siachen, there would have been a positive, cascading effect all along the LoC and the international border.

It’s becoming clear that a military-to-military dialogue is essential if the quantum of trust along the LoC and in other areas between the two nuclear neighbours is to be enhanced.

In India-Pakistan relations, the status quo has a tendency to deteriorate. We have seen this time and again.

Ironically, India and Pakistan met in end-December 2012 to discuss conventional confidence-building measures, but nothing much came out of the meeting.

Other than those who live in hawkish paradise, history tells us that altering the status quo along the LoC is a pipe-dream, something that Pervez Musharraf hopefully understood after Kargil in 1999.

So, if we understand that, why not take the next steps in trying to demilitarise the frontier?

Or do we have to do some mind-demilitarisation first?

There will be no war. There is nothing to gain from war, atleast for India.

Hats off to Pakistanis who think they are going to gain something with this war.

Lets see:
1. China is not intervening as they already said and they never did in Past.
2. America is right on the other side of Pakistani border and India on the other
3. Pakistan is in a state of civil war with people going nuts killing each other
4. Elections are coming means more killing, murders and shooting on the roads
5. Pakistan is morally and economically bankrupt and cant even afford to fight a war with crappy navy and military conditions.

End mein bas ek hi cheez hai jo Pakistan to hoonsla deti hai THE ATOM BOMB. I really wished Pakistan didn't develop atom bomb. South Asia would have been much different till now.

Hats off to Pakistanis who think they are going to gain something with this war.

Lets see:
2. America is right on the other side of Pakistani border and India on the other
3. Pakistan is in a state of civil war with people going nuts killing each other
5. Pakistan is morally and economically bankrupt and cant even afford to fight a war with crappy navy and military conditions.

End mein bas ek hi cheez hai jo Pakistan to hoonsla deti hai THE ATOM BOMB. I really wished Pakistan didn't develop atom bomb. South Asia would have been much different till now.

1. China was not our very best friend back then. Now it has constantly stated it will help us. Be prepared for India to turn into a desert when China does huge blockade of rivers ;)

2. America doesnt want to risk allyship with Pakistan in Afghanistan over India. You can see this when America forgot about Hafiz Saeed already when even Pakistani military officials say he is smoking hookah in Lahore.

3. India is even worse with 35 seperatist groups

4. What does killing and shooting have to do with election my dear? This aint India where if your village didnt vote for the local feudal you will be killed.

5. Pakistan is very well euipped to fight a war with India
India is also economically bankrupt do not forget the $300 billion debt that is getting larger day by day. Not good for a poor nation like India.

And yes, atom bomb changed demographics of South Asia. India cannot even think of bullying Pakistan without getting a nuclear slap to the face.

Earlier, Pakistani Foreign Minister ruled out a Pakistani hand in the killing of two Indian soldiers on January 8.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/politi...-india-heading-towards-war.html#ixzz2I6c6mACS
Really?? Then who's hand was it? Who killed the Indian soldiers who's bodies were cremated with full military honors? Here are the possibilities:

> The Indians killed them.
> The PA killed them.
> Allah killed them, being Hindu infidels.
> Martians killed them.
> They committed suicide and then cut their heads off.

What do you think? My brain cells (Of which I don't have too many) tell me that out of the possibilities mentioned above, it's obvious that the PA killed them.

If not, can that Pakistani foreign minister clarify who killed them?

Lets see:

1. so?
2. All Pakistan has to do is remind America that all its supplies comes from Karachi port, that will solve any problems there quick.
3. No, we are fighting the overflow of a war in Afghanistan.
4. That is why we have police.
5. Coming a from a country with a rape every 20 min that is rich. Pray tell how we are morally bankrupt?
And economically bankrupt? Only Indian logic says that a 4% growth rate is economic bankrupt :cheesy:

Indians are just going through PMS at the moment, once that time of the month goes by things will calm down.

Really?? Then who's hand was it? Who killed the Indian soldiers who's bodies were cremated with full military honors? Here are the possibilities:

> The PA killed them.
> Martians killed them.

What do you think? My brain cells (Of which I don't have too many) tell me that out of the possibilities mentioned above, it's obvious that the PA killed them.

My guess is that it was Pakistani jawans who needed personal revenge for Indian Army killing Pakistani soldier a day before..

Pakistan Army is highly professional, and by beheading seems the soldier had a personal grudge... So thats my guess.

> The PA killed them.
> Martians killed them.

you forgot the obvious
> Got drunk and lost in the forest, got mauled to death by a bear

Lets see:

a multi layer ballistic missile defence system consist of two exotherming very high and high alititude and two endothermic medium and low altitude intercepters is the answer.

Pakistani DG MO will call indian counterpart at 9.30 Pst..... so please feel the heat

My guess is that it was Pakistani jawans who needed personal revenge for Indian Army killing Pakistani soldier a day before..

Pakistan Army is highly professional, and by beheading seems the soldier had a personal grudge... So thats my guess.

Incidents have happened along the LOC & shall continue to do so. So long as armed men face each other across a minefield such acts will forever happen.

This time, its the beheading which has made things different. The media has added fuel by playing it up.

Add to this the following :

a) Turmoil in Pak due to orders to arrest the PM.
b) A Canadian cleric rips up sentiment and lays siege to the Pak capital with no end in sight.
c) An army that seems to be unsure of IK hence appears to be creating options.
d) The impending departure from Af by US troops has regenerated the ' bad' guys whose energies need to be channelized /deflected.
e) Baluchistan - the Hazaras have buried their dead but the issue remains . Once more such killing can ignite the tinder. Presidents rule is no answer. Only a scrape goat has been found by sacking the state Govt.

Amidst all this, the PA remains the player behind the scenes. To take over remains an option but the last one. It would prefer to have a pliable Govt in Islamabad whom it can manipulate and keep unsteady.

Interesting times for a nation whose leaders have always chosen to flee the country on completion of their terms - even Generals do this.

Any which way whoever may be blamed for the situation, it remains a Pak problem.

Those affected by the internal affairs of Pak need to remain cautious and keep options open.

To quote MMS, it cannot be ' business as usual' because whats happening is not usual.

The ' internal affairs' of Pak have always impacted the world . Abbotabad was one such example.

1. China was not our very best friend back then. Now it has constantly stated it will help us. Be prepared for India to turn into a desert when China does huge blockade of rivers ;)

You really think China will risk GLobal outrage and breaking of INternational law to help a state like pakistan which is Going Bust ...Which has no Governance and Involved in terrorist Activites which are started affecting Chinese ppl also :P
Stop living in fool's paradise....:cheesy:

2. America doesnt want to risk allyship with Pakistan in Afghanistan over India. You can see this when America forgot about Hafiz Saeed already when even Pakistani military officials say he is smoking hookah in Lahore.
You have one yr left so as to exercise U r strategic geopolitical location card....After US pullsout from Afghanistan..get Ready for more Drone Attack..And then u won't have any Supplies to block to protest against it too.....
it has already began
U.S. Drone Strikes Increase With Start Of New Year
US drone strikes are likely to increase post 2014, say experts | Asia | DW.DE | 01.05.2012

India is even worse with 35 seperatist groups
Where did u get that number from...could u name them

What does killing and shooting have to do with election my dear? This aint India where if your village didnt vote for the local feudal you will be killed.
Pakistan
Pakistan feudalism boosts Taliban cause | Reuters

U were talking of Something called feudalism:lol:

Pakistan is very well euipped to fight a war with India
India is also economically bankrupt do not forget the $300 billion debt that is getting larger day by day. Not good for a poor nation like India.
Pakistan’s begging bowl runs deep – The Express Tribune Blog
With a begging bowl | Pakistan Today | Latest news | Breaking news | Pakistan News | World news | Business | Sport and Multimedia

:rofl::rofl:

And yes, atom bomb changed demographics of South Asia. India cannot even think of bullying Pakistan without getting a nuclear slap to the face.
Don't worry..... the thing bcoz of u which u r jumping up and down..will bring u r downfall.:smokin:

Now wake up and smell the coffee......:bunny:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom