What's new

Pakistan begins submarine procurement talks with China

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

As reported from March 2010, the Pakistan Navy intends to buy seven submarines from China at an "economical price" of around $230 million for each. It seems that the procurement process has entered its negotiation phase.

China's vice-president, Zheng Dejiang, met with civil and military leaders in Pakistan on 9-10 June in a visit surrounded by reports of a major new defence deal under discussion that would see Pakistan buying at least three Chinese submarines.

Speaking to Jane's on 9 June, a senior Pakistani government official said the Pakistan Navy began discussions with "the Chinese authorities last month for an eventual submarine deal" for up to three or four boats, but declined to specify the types or terms under discussion.

China has a long history of helping Pakistan overcome shortages of key military hardware, notably the hardware it was denied by the Western world following sanctions imposed from 1990 in response to Pakistan's nuclear weapons programme.

The Pakistani government official who spoke to Jane's on 9 June said that it was vital for the navy to acquire more submarines to offset "the pressure we will definitely come under" due to the rapid expansion of India's naval capability. "Our Chinese brothers have always come to our help and we are asking them for assistance once again," he said.

Although neither China nor Pakistan have ever publicly revealed the terms of their past financial arrangements, defence analysts say that China continues to offer long-term loans to Pakistan on concessional terms, allowing the country to continue with its military hardware purchases.

China Defense Blog: Pakistan begins submarine procurement talks with China

man, 230million per boat for 7 boats, that's nearly 1.7 billion dollars. I don't think Pakistan will buy all 7 from China. Maybe 4 of them. I mean we don't have enough surface ships, but don't know. We have to procure more frigates, destroyers and at least a helicopter carrier for anti-submarine roles.

As reported from March 2010, the Pakistan Navy intends to buy seven submarines from China at an "economical price" of around $230 million for each. It seems that the procurement process has entered its negotiation phase.

China Defense Blog: Pakistan begins submarine procurement talks with China

----I feel worried about Pakistan. Why? As we all known, Pakistan is a developing country, but she has to face powerful India, Pakistan is smaller than India and has less population, so Pakistan can't as powerful as India. In this situation, Pakistan has to buy many advanced weapen to defence herself and limit India's attack, face to terrorism. I am a Chinese, however I can feel that Pakistan is tired to deal with all those terrible things.
----I know that there are about half of Pakistani are illiterate, they need schools and teachers; many villages are not rich which need investment. Nevertheless, Pakistan has to take out a lot of money to heighten their military force, Pakistan has no better choice. That isn't a good things for the nation which next to India.
----CCTV news show us many explosions and terrible attack happened next to Islamabad, I think that China must support Pakistan to deal with terrorism, if not, the US would give Pakistan more pressure even send US army into Pakistan. However China isn't a developed country, there are many children who are too poor to go to school, the faraway less developed region need teachers too. China and Pakistan must explore a kind of "Win Win" cooperation, China export weapons to Pakistan must use low price.

Pakistan should lease a Nuclear Submarine from China.

----I feel worried about Pakistan. Why? As we all known, Pakistan is a developing country, but she has to face powerful India, Pakistan is smaller than India and has less population, so Pakistan can't as powerful as India. In this situation, Pakistan has to buy many advanced weapen to defence herself and limit India's attack, face to terrorism. I am a Chinese, however I can feel that Pakistan is tired to deal with all those terrible things.
----I know that there are about half of Pakistani are illiterate, they need schools and teachers; many villages are not rich which need investment. Nevertheless, Pakistan has to take out a lot of money to heighten their military force, Pakistan has no better choice. That isn't a good things for the nation which next to India.
----CCTV news show us many explosions and terrible attack happened next to Islamabad, I think that China must support Pakistan to deal with terrorism, if not, the US would give Pakistan more pressure even send US army into Pakistan. However China isn't a developed country, there are many children who are too poor to go to school, the faraway less developed region need teachers too. China and Pakistan must explore a kind of "Win Win" cooperation, China export weapons to Pakistan must use low price.

Oh plz Pakistan doesn't have to face nothing....India doesn't want a war. So plz shut up this nonsense. You're making a threat from nothing. Why didn't Chinese support India when Pakistan started Kargil?

Yuan class subs are very good.even the song class displacement is 400ton bigger then u-214

if we want to buy all 7 chineese sub then
we must lease one N sub frm china.

and 4 yuan class..

We need atleast 1 N sub.

Oh plz Pakistan doesn't have to face nothing....India doesn't want a war. So plz shut up this nonsense. You're making a threat from nothing. Why didn't Chinese support India when Pakistan started Kargil?

here you go,

Oh plz India doesn't have to face nothing....China doesn't want a war. So plz shut up this nonsense. You're making a threat from nothing.

Back
Top Bottom