What's new

Pakistan & China to Hold Joint Military Exercises in 2011

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Pakistan & China to Hold Joint Military Exercises in 2011

Pakistan & China will hold two joint military exercises in 2011, a Pakistani senior military leader said Tuesday.

The two exercises, one army drill and one air force one, will be held to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic ties between Pakistan and China, said General Khalid Shameem Wynne, chairman of Pakistan's Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee.

Wynne, who is paying a five-day visit to China, told reporters that the two countries will also participate in a multinational navy drill in March.

Wynne hailed the strategic partnership between Pakistan and China, saying it is "the best example" of bilateral ties and a "stabilizing force" in the region.

The visit is Wynne's first official visit to China since he was promoted to the rank of general and assumed his present position in October 2010.

In July 2010, Wynne led a joint anti-terrorism drill between Pakistan and China in Qingtongxia in northwest China's Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region.

Pakistan, China to Hold Joint Military Exercises in 2011

Great! Pakistan Army and Air Force conducting exercises with China will be benefical for both nations and they can learn from each other's experiences.

Judging from what I've read on Chinese forums the air exercise may involve mock dogfights between the J-10 and the F-16. This is going to be exciting.

Oh god!
Second thread, still I am enthusiastic.

Cant wait to see the Tanks and the J10s, maybe J20s too!
Awsome.

Judging from what I've read on Chinese forums the air exercise may involve mock dogfights between the J-10 and the F-16. This is going to be exciting.

May be PAF wants to Check the metal of J-10 against F-16's before their induction .it will also help to improve the capabilities j-10 lacks (if any)

Any chance we will get the J10 Delivered sooner to us it would be great to also fly our own J10 in the trainings, may be China just wants to see how good the F16 C/D are vs J10

Could be, but my belief is that PAF would avoid pitting the new Block 52's against the J10's in order to not piss off the Americans, the Turks did the same. PAF knows the F16 inside out, its limitations and strengths and these were passed on to the Chinese in order to help us build a better JF17. You can see that ever since PAF got involved with the project, JF17 is a totally new bird compared to the Super Sabre Project as it draws its inspiration from the F16. Same goes with J10B, it appears to be a much improved version of the J10A specifically designed for PAF needs. From what i can tell, PAF has extensively evaluated the J10 thus the Chinese know quite well how the J10A stands against the Block 52. The partnership between PAF and PLAF has done wonders for both of them as we have access to Western technology, we evaluate it and let the Chinese know where their technology stands. The improvement of the SD10 missile which was a very basic BVRAAM in my opinion to SD10B speaks wonders of our partnership, our experience with the AMRAAMs and other European missiles was passed on to the Chinese.

In my opinion these exercises are more based on sharing experiences and knowledge in Land Combat rather than Aviation. Its clear that the Chinese have changed their doctrine from fortification to offensive manoeuvres as the Dragon grows in strength, thus it would be ideal for us to learn from the Chinese how they integrate their Land Forces with their Air Forces to perform joint strikes so we can compare it with our own strategy. The Chinese are not thinking of fighting a defensive war, they are changing their doctrine as it is evident from reorganization and thinking in more offensive lines. Similarly, it would be ideal for the Chinese to learn how we conduct our COIN operations and conventional battle field operations as i would argue Pakistan Army has more battle field experience and has had more interactions with NATO.

Back
Top Bottom