What's new

Pakistan players receive army training

A.Rahman

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan players receive army training

Pakistani cricketers are being trained by military personnel at the 'conditioning' camp being held in the northern city of Abbottabad. The camp, first of the set of three to be held this summer, is being held at a military base aimed at helping Pakistan's injury-prone cricketers to get in shape for a demanding international season.

Talat Ali, Pakistan team manager who is also supervising the two-week camp, said that all the players are 'enjoying this new regimental routine'. "The cricketers are really happy with the sort of physical training they are receiving from a team of Army trainers," he told The News. "The boys have told me that such training drills are new for them and they've really welcomed it."

Few of the strict rules and regulations attendees must adhere to while at this camp have been relaxed due to the presence of national stars but others, like showing up formally dressed for lunch and dinner, have been enforced. "There is a strict dress code at the mess and everybody including the players has to follow it. It is really good to see the cricketers turning up for their meals at the given time, immaculately dressed."

The pool of 20 players invited to the camp includes Shoaib Akhtar who is all set to make his international comeback next month in Scotland. "I'm really pleased at the way Shoaib is enjoying himself here. He is working hard on his fitness and I'm sure he would be in full flow soon," said Talat.

The camp concludes on June 26 when the players will undergo a fitness test. "We have complete data on the players' fitness taken at the last training camp in Lahore and fresh tests would help us know the sort of improvement they have achieved from this camp," he added.

Pakistan's 14-man squad for the ODIs against Scotland and India is to be announced on June 16 and the team will depart on June 28.

Woud that make any change to our performance, Imho we need to curb politics in national sports to save it from current crisis.
Just my do paisa..

Woud that make any change to our performance, Imho we need to curb politics in national sports to save it from current crisis.
Just my do paisa..

maybe inzi will start running faster? :flame:

Army ki training say waqti toor per faida ho ga :P, baad mein doobara FItness problem aajye gi :D

didnt indian's do the boot camp in bangalore,
what's the use of bootcamp when you go back to you 5star hotel room afterwards

The Indian Jockey team underwent a commando training course with the NSG. I say this with first hand knowledge, i dunno if it has been reported or not. They were in bad shape :(, they wernt even able to run back and forth across the field when the govt decided to do this.

man, i have seen the cricket ground in abbottabad...........me hometown............its one beautifull place...........but let me tell u that there ai'nt no 5star hotel there hehehe...........they probably recruited some army jawans from the PMA, who r helping the pakistan team to get in shape...........by the way, its a good idea.............and may just prove to be beneficial

man, i have seen the cricket ground in abbottabad...........me hometown............its one beautifull place...........but let me tell u that there ai'nt no 5star hotel there hehehe...........they probably recruited some army jawans from the PMA, who r helping the pakistan team to get in shape...........by the way, its a good idea.............and may just prove to be beneficial

WH,

They do not recruite Jawans from elsewhere. The PTS school (or Army School of Physical Training) in Abbotabad performs a specific task in the Army and has proper structure and command associated with it. They actually send their manpower to other units and accomodate individuals from other units for toughening them up via physical conditioning. The PTS is also responsible for setting up the Physical training standards and PT programs Army wide.

@Blain2

hehehe it was meant to be a joke bro............guess my sense of humour is a bit rusty.
thanx for the information though.

The mama's boys the so called Indian cricket board, will prefer eating their cheese cakes in their 5star hotel. if they dont have one near by trust me those bugger's will make sure they have a helicopter....

I believe the whole scheme is to make the Pakistani cricket team disciplined mentally and physically.

yeah.............keeping my fingers crossed.

guess we will see the result in the 2020 world cup

Back
Top Bottom