What's new

Pakistan Railways, Indian Railways

Status
Not open for further replies.
skeptic - lets not glorify the failures .
indian railways sux , i seen it all , the station which stink like dog **** , new cannaugh place. i seen the condtion fo trains . i read new paper i guess even a few days back there was an accident.

food is stale, homeless live there , goons are found there . corruption exist even in railways i heard that you can pay a amount nd get away without buyign tickets.

oh and dont tell me about - palace on wheel or those toy trains - they are well dressed object for foriegner's pleasure.

just go overseas once, and you will find out how riduclous indian railways is.

i grew up in aus, and seen even the small town shyt arse train about 20 yr earlier which were way better than the current indian trains.

-accept the problem and try to rectify it------ :cheers:
Agree duhast 100%.

I am surprised to see that Skeptic is not Skeptic at all. Dude you don't deserve that user name.:chilli: Give it to me!!

Advise for Pakistani friends: If you want to develop Railways in your country, simply privatize:agree:, let them build tracks through cities cutting across important place. Sacrifice some houses, build a large network, it helps later.

YOu can cross India in less than 10 years. Believe me!! :tup:

Indian Railways suck. THe TTE's there are the one of the most earning bast*rds, they sell reserved tickets in black for extra money(Typically they give the berth to the highest bidder on a first cum first serve basis. If you have money you need not reserve a ticket in advance, never. Just wet the hands of TTE). Dont even bother asking the enquiry guy at the railway station a question twice because you could not hear it the first time because of all the noise. You will hear barks this time.:undecided: Railways have the worst customer service. Best thing ever happened to Railways is online reservation. No need to stand in a queue for hours(sometimes a good fraction of your actual travel time :cheesy:) These are like everyday occurences. Many Indians dont even remember them, they get so much used to these. I happeened to be a jackass to remember all this :D

well I agree Ruby...but u know what Privatization doesnt work well in Pak..we have seen bad examples of KSE...& my personal believe is that country's assets should not be privatization...
Pak railway is not complex & huge like Indian so it can be greatly handled & development can be really easy & fast...
The only ONE thing that we require to work on Is corruption ...if we can handle this I believe we can even go ahead then anyone in he world...

skeptic - lets not glorify the failures .
indian railways sux , i seen it all , the station which stink like dog **** , new cannaugh place. i seen the condtion fo trains . i read new paper i guess even a few days back there was an accident.

food is stale, homeless live there , goons are found there . corruption exist even in railways i heard that you can pay a amount nd get away without buyign tickets.

oh and dont tell me about - palace on wheel or those toy trains - they are well dressed object for foriegner's pleasure.

just go overseas once, and you will find out how riduclous indian railways is.

i grew up in aus, and seen even the small town shyt arse train about 20 yr earlier which were way better than the current indian trains.

-accept the problem and try to rectify it------ :cheers:

AUSTRALIA :

Australian Transport Statistics 2007 : Table 3 Total domestic freight and passenger numbers 2004–05

Passengers 616.270 Million

INDIA

Indian Railways Year Book 2006-2007

Figures for the year 2005-2006

Passengers carried

2005 – 2006 : 5,725 Million i.e. 5.725 Billion

2006 – 2007 : 6.219 Billion

The present number of Passengers carried during the Year 2009 – 2010 should be well over 7.5 Billion and the number of Passenger Trains would be well over 9,000 Daily.

So stop comparing the Railway facilities in India with those in Australia as Indian Railways carry over Ten Times the Passenger as compared to the Australian Railways.

For your guidance : Mumbai alone handles about One Billion Passengers Annually – if not more!

One day ???:cheesy: I have even seen trains running late 40-48 hours .
Having late by 1 hrour is considered at right time in India

It's not old time. Trains are now perfect. I remember last incident when I was just late by half an minute and train gone. Most of experience as of now says they are no perfect time (I live in Ahmedabad)

It's not old time. Trains are now perfect. I remember last incident when I was just late by half an minute and train gone. Most of experience as of now says they are no perfect time (I live in Ahmedabad)

NO that did not happen in old time but 4 - 5 years ago . There was a flood in Gujrat I think , so train took a complete different route , 2 times longer (I am talking about Mumbai - Varanasi train) . But of course trains do not late this much under normal condition .

And 1 -2 hour late for a long run train is acceptable (At least in UP :chilli:)

Agree duhast 100%.

I am surprised to see that Skeptic is not Skeptic at all. Dude you don't deserve that user name.:chilli: Give it to me!!

Why should I give it to you when you deserve the "jackass"bit perfectly :chilli:...
:rofl::rofl:

Indian Railways suck. THe TTE's there are the one of the most earning bast*rds, they sell reserved tickets in black for extra money(Typically they give the berth to the highest bidder on a first cum first serve basis. If you have money you need not reserve a ticket in advance, never. Just wet the hands of TTE).
Really is that so!!. Ever heard of the railway reservation website: IRCTC Online Passenger Reservation System If you have the money go for the Tatkal reservation dude... why do you have to goto the TTE for this.

And all those TTEs CAN sell is maybe 2-3 berths which are left vacant as their user misses the train and never bothers to cancel the tickets rest all the reservations are done on a computerized system with little to no hanky panky.

Dont even bother asking the enquiry guy at the railway station a question twice because you could not hear it the first time because of all the noise. You will hear barks this time.:undecided:
And not a single word about the unified nationalized helpline for train running information?? maybe you never bothered with that.

Final word on railways, world over:
1. Don't even think of operating on gas, diesel. Electrify 100%.
2. Goods train should be 100% high-speed. No exceptions. Operate at high profit margin. There is no competition except for ocean transport between costal cities.
3. High-speed dedicated interstate passenger corridor end-to-end. No stops. Almost certainly will operate at a loss. Offset by enhancing "in-flight" entertainment, advertisements and attaching goods compartments. Do not compromise on the express speed.
4. Airport like security in passenger stations. Separate luggage compartment.

2. Goods train should be 100% high-speed. No exceptions. Operate at high profit margin. There is no competition except for ocean transport between costal cities.
3. High-speed dedicated interstate passenger corridor end-to-end. No stops. Almost certainly will operate at a loss. Offset by enhancing "in-flight" entertainment, advertisements and attaching goods compartments. Do not compromise on the express speed.

we know all this...Anything NEW ??

I remember the time when I was a kid travelling by train for long distances one had to carry their bedding roll as the berth was just a wooden plank. Also we had to carry those surahis for cold water.

By 80s the situation had changed and IR switched over to padded berths and carrying the Bedding roll was a thing of the past.

In 90s with Airconditioned Coaches becoming normal you just had to carry your luggage and the IR would provide you with pillows, sheet and even a blanket.

Today with the Rajdhani's and shatabdis the travel has become very comfortable and even the punctuality has improved a lot.

One interesting side note not many people would be knowing Delhi-Habaibganj (Bhopal) train is a ISO 9002 certified train. The trian has been audited wrt to the service levels and also the general upkeep of the compartments, maintenance of the coaches etc.

Yaa right, we want all these. :victory:
But wait, u forgot to add that no fares should be increased,
And in case u are not happy with something, u should have the right to blow up railway tracts, destroy railway coaches and its properties:devil::devil:

We people should change our attitude first before trying to change others:tup:

indians should have let the bugger stay in his job to wash away some , if not all, of his sins.

Lalu plans bullet trains in India

Fresh from a ride on Japan's [ Images ] famed bullet train, Railway Minister Lalu Prasad on Monday said his ministry was in the process of appointing global consultants for introducing the high-speed trains on certain routes.
"The day is not far off when the bullet train will run in the country," Prasad said. "We are in the process of appointing global consultants for introducing bullet train on certain routes," he said.

About the possible routes for running such trains, he said "we are examining the possibilities of running it on some routes including Mumbai-Ahmedabad, Delhi-Chandigarh and Delhi-Patna".

During his visit to Japan last week, Prasad had got a first hand experience of the fast trains travelling from Tokyo to Kyoto at a speed of about 300 km per hour.

Asked about his bullet train experience, he said "It was very good. The bullet trains are well managed in Japan."

Meanwhile, the Railways have invited global tenders for conducting pre-feasibility study of high-speed train corridor on the Delhi-Chandigarh-Amritsar route.

The study will focus on technicalities, financial and operational viability of the project, said a senior Railway Ministry official.

Besides the Delhi-Amritsar route, the Railways have decided to conduct pre-feasibility studies for four more high-speed passenger routes.

The routes are Pune-Mumbai-Ahmedabad, Hyderabad- Dornakal-Vijaywada-Chennai, Chennai-Bangalore-Coimbatore- Ernakulam and Howrah-Haldia.

Last edited:
The new “Sciencexpress” has started its tour. The exhibition train is to stop in 51 Indian cities, 40 of which were not on the route of its first itinerary. Departing from Delhi, the train will travel across a wide variety of India’s federal states, such as Punjab, Assam, West Bengal, Kerala and even Tamil Nadu, the southernmost state in India, covering nearly 17,000 kilometres in 180 days. The objective of this second trip is to attract young people to the exhibition in particular, and to spark their passion for science and technology. To this end, the Max Planck Society and its German exhibition partners have donated the majority of the exhibits to the Department of Science and Technology after the first successful journey. The new “Sciencexpress” is a modified version of the former “Science Express”.
76756165b4990b0e9d31af4f15770c52.gif

d4b9c8a8f01b38b6f00ce817f7e58e2b.jpg

60870b54ee110c63b756eec9dcb6b19b.jpg

b7c6a3fb28f3b42f503889981f4fdd65.jpg

3af845d1812fe8a70abd424a205d6d23.jpg

Attachments

• 76756165b4990b0e9d31af4f15770c52.gif
    76756165b4990b0e9d31af4f15770c52.gif
    54.2 KB · Views: 11
  • d4b9c8a8f01b38b6f00ce817f7e58e2b.jpg
    d4b9c8a8f01b38b6f00ce817f7e58e2b.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 60870b54ee110c63b756eec9dcb6b19b.jpg
    60870b54ee110c63b756eec9dcb6b19b.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 17
  • b7c6a3fb28f3b42f503889981f4fdd65.jpg
    b7c6a3fb28f3b42f503889981f4fdd65.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 15
  • 3af845d1812fe8a70abd424a205d6d23.jpg
    3af845d1812fe8a70abd424a205d6d23.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 14
Indian Railways set to become net savvy

You can travel by train in India and still remain connected with some long-distance trains set to get Wi-Fi connectivity.

Premier trains like the Rajdhani Express and the Shatabdi Express and even the Jan Shatabdi Express will be the first ones to be provided with the facility, officials of the Mumbai-headquartered Western Railway said.

The state-run RailTel Corp of India Ltd has carried out Wi-Fi connectivity tests on a few trains.

"The tests have proved that passengers will experience seamless connectivity on running trains. Considering the revenue it will yield, the project is being given top priority," said Satya Prakash, divisional railway manager of Western Railway.

Apart from enabling passengers to stay connected on moving trains, RailTel also plans to provide Wi-Fi connectivity at select railway stations to allow commuters to work on laptops and palmtops.

"Important stations in Mumbai like Chhattrapti Shivaji Terminus, Churchgate, Mumbai Central and Dadar will be among the first in the country to become Wi-Fi enabled," said Prakash.

A RailTel source told IANS: "RailTel will provide Wi-Fi connectivity at 500 stations. In addition, call centres would be set up at 14 stations by the year-end to provide quick information services about the arrival and departures of trains and the reservation status by simply dialling 139.

"We will soon be short-listing the trains and stations where Internet service would be made available."

RailTel will also be setting up local area network (LAN) to provide Wi-Fi connectivity within stations. It is also looking at providing Wi-Fi connectivity to tourists visiting small towns through the LAN.

"A wireless LAN will be created in the coaches through transmitters placed inside them. Besides, a roof-mounted antenna would catch the signal from towers which are being set up at railway stations," he said.

RailTel also plans to set up 250 cyber cafes at railway stations across India. It already operates nine fully air-conditioned cyber cafés offering Internet browsing, Internet telephony, video-conferencing and audio-video chatting.

New Delhi Railway Station By 2010

The New Delhi railway station is getting a sleek new look. From new infrastructure to technological enhancements, the station is on track to reach world-class status by 2010.Other than completion of the mammoth Route Relay Interlocking System (RRI), that came after circuiting an area of about 3.5km using 700km of cables, the station plans to offer a lot more to its passengers by the year-end. A sprawling new building with enhanced passenger amenities, international graphic signs, disabled-friendly platforms, shopping arcade, food court and the list goes on.The completion of the first part of the renovation came at a cost of Rs 71 crore. Apart from the route relay interlocking system that costed Indian Railways Rs 27 crore, the maintenance facility of the station has also been upgraded by the addition of a track. A new track has also been added to remove the bottleneck from the Sadar Bazaar side.‘‘The completion of RRI has made sure that there was no conflicting movement on the tracks. Not just that, the RRI will also drastically reduce the chances of rail traffic congestion,’’ said a Northern railway spokesperson.The entire RRI system is controlled from power cabin where the operators have a layout in front of them indicating the occupied and unoccupied tracks. With RRI capable of handling 1,278 routes, the station has also entered the Guiness Book of World Records. According to a railway official, the transformation of New Delhi Railway Station is not just because of the Commonwealth Games but also to handle 8-12% growth in passenger traffic in last 2-3 years. Northern Railways chief spokesperson, Rajiv Saxena said, “With the increase in passenger rush, its not just the rail traffic that has to be smoothened but facilities for passengers comfort are also to be added. To meet this demand, railways is carrying out the required changes.’’ The station has also added four platforms (two of which are to be completed shortly), which will ease out the problem of trains getting held up because of the unavailability of platforms. Saxena added, ‘‘Going by the fact that the during the peak seasons the station handles more than 4 lakh passengers, the additional platforms will also offer greater passenger space.” The new 80,000-square foot station building at the Ajmeri gate entrance will only make things better. According to a railway official, it will be a state-of-the-art building. Expected to be ready by December-end, it will have a touch-screen enquiry system, plasma TV but also an AC ticketing area. The building will also house both AC and non-AC waiting rooms and dormitories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom