What's new

Pakistan to import 500 MW electricity from India

Reaction score

Islamabad—Pakistan and India are to begin technical talks for installing the joint electricity transmission system between Amritsar and Dina Nath, Lahore. A delegation from New Delhi will be visiting Islamabad and hold talks on April 1, a senior official told Pakistan Observer. The electricity transmission infrastructure is vital to import electricity of 500 MW from India and the said infrastructure will also be used to export electricity The Indian side has proposed date of April 1, which is not yet finalized and may be changed. However, Pak-India meeting is to be held soon to finalize the technical issues pertaining to the installation of the electricity transmission system.

The official at Ministry of Water and Power said that Pakistan will primarily import 500 MW and in case it needs more then it will import another 500 MW.

But in case the India faces the power deficit, and Pakistan not, then it will export its surplus electricity to Indian side. Pakistan is at present facing 5000 MW power deficit and is currently in talks with India for import of 1000 MW of electricity. It is pertinent to mention here that one decade ago, Pakistan was surplus in electricity and in talks with India to export 1000 MW of the electricity.

Now because of the ill-planning of the government headed by Pervez Musharraf, which did not focus on the future load demand and not added a single MW of electricity during his long rule resulted in the massive power crisis.

This government has added 2500 MW of electricity in the system, but because of the huge Rs370 billion circular debt and financial constraints, the fuel supply is not available to make the power houses running 100 percent of their capacity. Though the government has arranged Rs 151 billion for smooth fuel supply through debt swap, there is massive reduction in hydro generation to just 500 MW from 6500 MW as both the dams of Tarbela and Mangla have touched to their dead levels.

==

Already we facing 8-10hrs power cuts/day ,companies remains non-functional of power shortage issue. If the same situation existing for long period means then it severely affects people life and country growth. In this scenario GOI planning to export electricity to Pakistan , its looks weird.

No amount of galis can express my anger at Pakistani politicians....Where is the Military in this affair?

You want to know why India doesnt want to take part in the Iran-Pakistan pipeline? Because the gas from this pipeline will be at the mercy of Pakistan. Pakistan will have leverage over India.

You want to know why India is not taking part in the Turkmen-Afghan-Pakistan Pipeline? Because the gas from this pipeline will be in the control of Pakistani. Pakistan again will have leverage over India.

You want to know why this deal should be burned? Because if Pakistan spends just half of the money it will take to fund this project, Pakistan can make its own power-station. The money will be in Pakistan. What happened to old fashioned do-it-yourself?

If money is a problem why not get the Pakistani Corp of Engineers? I mean rather than having them in the "Barracks" put them to work.

Congress is the best government India ever had in history, hope to see MMS at PM position for coupe of decades :angel:

Islamabad—Pakistan and India are to begin technical talks for installing the joint electricity transmission system between Amritsar and Dina Nath, Lahore. A delegation from New Delhi will be visiting Islamabad and hold talks on April 1, a senior official told Pakistan Observer. The electricity transmission infrastructure is vital to import electricity of 500 MW from India and the said infrastructure will also be used to export electricity The Indian side has proposed date of April 1, which is not yet finalized and may be changed. However, Pak-India meeting is to be held soon to finalize the technical issues pertaining to the installation of the electricity transmission system.

The official at Ministry of Water and Power said that Pakistan will primarily import 500 MW and in case it needs more then it will import another 500 MW.

But in case the India faces the power deficit, and Pakistan not, then it will export its surplus electricity to Indian side. Pakistan is at present facing 5000 MW power deficit and is currently in talks with India for import of 1000 MW of electricity. It is pertinent to mention here that one decade ago, Pakistan was surplus in electricity and in talks with India to export 1000 MW of the electricity.

Now because of the ill-planning of the government headed by Pervez Musharraf, which did not focus on the future load demand and not added a single MW of electricity during his long rule resulted in the massive power crisis.

This government has added 2500 MW of electricity in the system, but because of the huge Rs370 billion circular debt and financial constraints, the fuel supply is not available to make the power houses running 100 percent of their capacity. Though the government has arranged Rs 151 billion for smooth fuel supply through debt swap, there is massive reduction in hydro generation to just 500 MW from 6500 MW as both the dams of Tarbela and Mangla have touched to their dead levels.

==

Already we facing 8-10hrs power cuts/day ,companies remains non-functional of power shortage issue. If the same situation existing for long period means then it severely affects people life and country growth. In this scenario GOI planning to export electricity to Pakistan , its looks weird.

ghar me nahee dane amma chalee bhunwane?????????:cheesy:

Delhi , Punjab , UP , Mp & many other nosth indian state are sevearly short of electricity & sonia mata is in a mood for charity...wow:hitwall:

wow.......Do we have enough electricity??we suffer from power cuts:hitwall:

and this mentally retardedd PM of india giving power to others??

He can surely go there and get lost from india..

he is black spot on the images of the sikhs:rofl:

I remember an incident happened..

my father was in bank and he met with bank officer there.

Bank officer said--sardar ji,i have to say few things,i hope you wont mind.
father::no probs,you can say.

officer:This sikh PM of india is mfuker,MC,BC,DC etc..:rofl:.we hoped that this sikh PM will do smthing but he destroyed the policies of india and we hoped something else from him:hitwall:

father:yes,i too do believe in your thinking:lol:

this PM is total mental retarded PM and black spot on india:lol:

Is this some kinda joke ? here i cant even study with 8 hr shutdown and the central gov is willing to sell 500MW ?....we here in tamil nadu have 3500MW deficit.... 500MW is no small amount in the present situation ...look i am all for good relations with pakistan if this helps in some way so be it but one should not think of giving "annadhanam" when you dont have enough to eat yourself :hitwall:.

we are having 2-3 hours load shedding here in Hyderabad and climate is already too hot here. Try to provide 24 hours electricity to every city of India. We can pay extra electricity bill, why exporting it to Pakistan.

sheher basa nahee mangte pehle aamare??????????:hitwall:..........:frown:

mai keya paajee tussee ena de gal na suno ...bijli Pakistan nu hee de do:cry::cry:

we are having 2-3 hours load shedding here in Hyderabad and climate is already too hot here. Try to provide 24 hours electricity to every city of India. We can pay extra electricity bill, why exporting it to Pakistan.

bro 6 hrs power cut during the day ...we are getting cooked literally here in tamil nadu :cry:

bro 6 hrs power cut during the day ...we are getting cooked literally here in tamil nadu :cry:

go to the site of anti-kudankulam nuclear power plant protests and tell this to them..you aint gonna get electricity from north as it will waste a lot of it..

Indians Have a Fantastic Diplomacy ... First we Built Dam on the Rivers Going to Pakistan & Dam the water .. then We Use The Same Water to Produce Electricity After which we Sell it Pakistanis... That Shows How Brilliant we Indians r...

BUT Finally we have a Retarded Joker Sardar PM in Center Along with a Illegal immigrant Family which Controls his String ... Who Decides to Keep all the Indian States Power Starved & Sell it to Pakistan ... Putting all the Indian Diplomacy & intelligence in Drain... This PM is a Black Ship among our Sikhs Brothers... I have Heard Rumors he is the First Catholic Wearing Sikh Pagadi...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom