What's new

Pakistan UAVs News & Discussions

look the CH-3 chinese UAV and Falco UAV pics. Burraq most probably will look like it

That would be disappointing design (I was looking forward to mini predator-or Turkish TAI male uav like design) but functionally it is armed UAV that is one positive news.

i don't have any images but i think it is a close match to chinese CH-3!

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

and last time i checked NESCOM was developing its laser designater and missiles

how did u check it'll be armed with laser designater missiles? sorce?

i am waiting for this bad boy image more then i wait for my marriage damn but nothing come out

Imran bhi ager pore defence forum ko apke shadi ke card ain to hum sub age he se apke shadi or buraq k lie nawafil shuru kar dete hen what u say ?:cheers:

He is like a brother to all of us to Abdullah ko dewana hona chahye

i think it iwll look almost like the turkish falco with a little bigger size to allow it to carry atleast two or 1 hellfire type missile underbelley.

if something like predator is really achieved this will be a higher leap than cruise missile tech by pak

i think it iwll look almost like the turkish falco with a little bigger size to allow it to carry atleast two or 1 hellfire type missile underbelley.

if something like predator is really achieved this will be a higher leap than cruise missile tech by pak

we have to wait for 2 or 3 months more to confirm these speculations about design and size sir i hope what ever its shape is it must be a lethal weapon for not only terrorists but also for all our enemies

we have to wait for 2 or 3 months more to confirm these speculations about design and size sir i hope what ever its shape is it must be a lethal weapon for not only terrorists but also for all our enemies

I think the first flight of burraq will be in July,2012. I may be wrong but i definitely read it somewhere. Senior member can tell us more.

i don't have any images but i think it is a close match to chinese CH-3!

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

how did u check it'll be armed with laser designater missiles? sorce?

I read this some were on net i will provide u the source as soon as i got it again

PAKISTAN'S UQAB

A Mock-Up of the Uqab UAV was displayed at the stand of Pakistan's Global Industrial & Defence Solutions (GIDS) - the parent of Xpert Engineering. According to GIDS, the country's Army and Navy have ordered five (5) of the 286Ib (130kg) systems and there is now serious interest from Bahrain, as well as asian and african countries. The UAV can be fitted with a gyro-stabilised 44Ib (20kg) pod which can house an off-the-shelf daylight camera and thermal imager. The Uqab can stay airborne for up to four (4) hours with a 65-100 mile (100-150km) range. Pakistan's Advanced Computing & Engineering Solutions (ACES) won the bid to fulfill the Army's requirement for the Uqab tactical UAV with its Eagle Eye PI/II.

AFM - Feb-2012

last night saw this news at Dawn tv news. Some one have any further detail.

Pakistan making own spy aircraft: Air Chief

ISLAMABAD, Feb. 13 (Xinhua) -- Pakistan Air Chief Air Marshal Rao Qamar Sulema said on Monday that the country is manufacturing its own spy aircraft and will soon be able to prepare pilotless plane equipped with missile technology, local media reported.

Talking to reporters at the Shehbaz Airbase in southern Sindh province, he said Pakistan is making unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV drones) at the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex in the town of Kamra near Islamabad, Geo TV reported.

Asked if the F-16 aircraft that Pakistan recently received from the U.S. can down American drones, Suleman said that the Pakistan Air Force does not want any such situation.

The media people were taken to the Shehbaz Airbase to formally announce that the airbase is now under the complete control of the Pakistan Air Force.

The U.S., which used the airbase for drone attacks in Afghanistan and possibly in Pakistan, was told to vacate the base by Pakistan in the aftermath of the November 26 NATO strike on Pakistani posts, which had killed 24 soldiers.

The Air Chief said that 14 used F-16s were provided to Pakistan by the U.S. free of cost while 18 others have been bought.

The Army Chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani said on the occasion that the parliament reserves the right to decide on the resumption of NATO supplies.

He said that the final decision on whether NATO supplies will be allowed to pass through Pakistan for forces based in Afghanistan will be made by the Parliamentary Committee on National Security.

The Army Chief said that Pakistan and the U.S. are cooperating on defence operations and Pakistani officials are taken into confidence whenever bordering areas are to be attacked.

Talking about the Coalition Support Fund, which was set up by the U.S. Congress after the September 11, 2001, attacks to reimburse allies for costs in supporting the U.S.-led war on militancy, General Kayani said that Pakistan was yet to receive 1. 5 billion U.S. dollars from the U.S.

Pakistan making own spy aircraft: Air Chief

ISLAMABAD, Feb. 13 (Xinhua) -- Pakistan Air Chief Air Marshal Rao Qamar Sulema said on Monday that the country is manufacturing its own spy aircraft and will soon be able to prepare pilotless plane equipped with missile technology, local media reported.

Talking to reporters at the Shehbaz Airbase in southern Sindh province, he said Pakistan is making unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV drones) at the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex in the town of Kamra near Islamabad, Geo TV reported.

Asked if the F-16 aircraft that Pakistan recently received from the U.S. can down American drones, Suleman said that the Pakistan Air Force does not want any such situation.

The media people were taken to the Shehbaz Airbase to formally announce that the airbase is now under the complete control of the Pakistan Air Force.

The U.S., which used the airbase for drone attacks in Afghanistan and possibly in Pakistan, was told to vacate the base by Pakistan in the aftermath of the November 26 NATO strike on Pakistani posts, which had killed 24 soldiers.

The Air Chief said that 14 used F-16s were provided to Pakistan by the U.S. free of cost while 18 others have been bought.

The Army Chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani said on the occasion that the parliament reserves the right to decide on the resumption of NATO supplies.

He said that the final decision on whether NATO supplies will be allowed to pass through Pakistan for forces based in Afghanistan will be made by the Parliamentary Committee on National Security.

The Army Chief said that Pakistan and the U.S. are cooperating on defence operations and Pakistani officials are taken into confidence whenever bordering areas are to be attacked.

Talking about the Coalition Support Fund, which was set up by the U.S. Congress after the September 11, 2001, attacks to reimburse allies for costs in supporting the U.S.-led war on militancy, General Kayani said that Pakistan was yet to receive 1. 5 billion U.S. dollars from the U.S.

I'm guessing its probably the ToT of the Chinese CH-3 UCAV,

PAKISTAN'S UQAB

A Mock-Up of the Uqab UAV was displayed at the stand of Pakistan's Global Industrial & Defence Solutions (GIDS) - the parent of Xpert Engineering. According to GIDS, the country's Army and Navy have ordered five (5) of the 286Ib (130kg) systems and there is now serious interest from Bahrain, as well as asian and african countries. The UAV can be fitted with a gyro-stabilised 44Ib (20kg) pod which can house an off-the-shelf daylight camera and thermal imager. The Uqab can stay airborne for up to four (4) hours with a 65-100 mile (100-150km) range. Pakistan's Advanced Computing & Engineering Solutions (ACES) won the bid to fulfill the Army's requirement for the Uqab tactical UAV with its Eagle Eye PI/II.

AFM - Feb-2012

So it can only be equipped with cameras and with only 4 hour duration, that is certainly not the Uqab we've been hearing about for 4 years now, the supposed Pakistani predator drone.

I'm guessing its probably the ToT of the Chinese CH-3 UCAV,

Read the subject and than check the source.

---------- Post added at 03:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 AM ----------

So it can only be equipped with cameras and with only 4 hour duration, that is certainly not the Uqab we've been hearing about for 4 years now, the supposed Pakistani predator drone.

And of course read the article... if not the bold part :(

Back
Top Bottom