What's new

Pakistan VS India Series 2012: Updates, Gossips and Discussions

UmarJustice

New Recruit

Reaction score
Wasim hopes Pakistan-India series to be trouble free

KARACHI - Fast bowling legend Wasim Akram said Tuesday he was confident Pakistan's hotly-anticipated tour of India next month would pass off safely and urged the two sides to use threats by Hindu radicals as motivation.
Pakistan will meet their arch-rivals in five one-day internationals and two Twenty20s in December and January, their first full series since 2007, but Indian Hindu groups have urged Delhi to cancel and threatened protests. The right-wing Shiv Sena and Vishwa Hindu Parishad demanded India refuse to resume cricket ties until Pakistan brings to justice the masterminds behind the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks that left 166 people dead.
India halted all bilateral cricket with Pakistan after Mumbai, but earlier this month approved the short tour announced by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) in July. Wasim, one of the sport's greatest ever bowlers and now popular in India as a commentator, said he was hopeful of a trouble-free tour.
"I can't wait for this tour to happen," Wasim told AFP. "I am confident that the Indian government will make this tour a happy and safe one for our team because the whole world is waiting for this and want it to be series reviving one." Wasim said all threats should act as motivation for both the countries.
"We toured India despite threats," said Wasim, who led Pakistan on the India tour in 1999 despite Shiv Sena activists dug up the pitch at the Delhi stadium, forcing officials to move the first Test to Chennai.
"We had full confidence in Indian security and that tour came off very well and I am sure this time too India will make sure it goes untroubled." Wasim said that after a break of five years, the cricket-mad Indian public were desperate to see their side take on their old rivals.
"The whole of India is keenly waiting for this tour to happen and I am sure come December 25 they will thong the stadium," said Wasim of the first Twenty20 in Bangalore. "I am sure Indian fans will give a good response to our team."
Ahmedabad will host the second Twenty20 on November 27 followed by one-day in Chennai (December 30), Kolkata (Jan 3) and Delhi (Jan 6). Few rivalries in sport are as intense as India and Pakistan on the cricket field, and Wasim said he hoped the men in green would be buoyed by the occasion.
"I use to thrive in an India match," said Wasim, who helped his side maintain a dominant record over their arch-rivals during the span of his 104 Test and 356 one-day internationals career. "I would not sleep the night before and would plan and most of the time handled the pressure well and came out winner. "So it would be important for this Pakistan team to handle the pressure well. If they are scared of losing then they can't win. I think if Pakistan's batting clicks then we can beat India in India."

Wasim hopes Pakistan-India series to be trouble free | The Nation

Pakistan chief selector has no illusions about India tour

Karachi: Pakistan cricket's chief selector Iqbal Qasim has no illusions about how tough the forthcoming tour to India is going to be for the national team.

Pakistan are due to tour India from December 22 to play two T20 matches and three ODIs.

It will be the first bilateral series between the two countries since 2007 although they have met in ICC events.

"I have no illusions about how hard this tour will be for our team. Although it is a short tour but keeping in mind the significance of the series our players will have to put in their best to do well," Qasim said.

"Given the fact that we are playing a bilateral series after five years there will be a lot of media hype and interest in the series and some of our players have not had a chance to make a full tour of India as yet," the former Test spinner said.

Qasim was referring to the likes of Umar Akmal, Azhar Ali, Asad Shafiq, Saeed Ajmal, Nasir Jamshed, Junaid Khan, Reza Hasan, Sarfaraz Ahmed etc. who are all in line to be considered for the upcoming India series.

Some like Umar and Ajmal played in the 2011 World Cup semi-final at Mohali but are yet to make a full tour.

Qasim didn't rule out the possibility of considering some new faces for the upcoming tour.

Pakistan cricket's chief selector Iqbal Qasim has no illusions about how tough the forthcoming tour to India is going to be for the national team.

Pakistan are due to tour India from December 22 to play two T20 matches and three ODIs.

It will be the first bilateral series between the two countries since 2007 although they have met in ICC events.

"I have no illusions about how hard this tour will be for our team. Although it is a short tour but keeping in mind the significance of the series our players will have to put in their best to do well," Qasim said.

"Given the fact that we are playing a bilateral series after five years there will be a lot of media hype and interest in the series and some of our players have not had a chance to make a full tour of India as yet," the former Test spinner said.

Qasim was referring to the likes of Umar Akmal, Azhar Ali, Asad Shafiq, Saeed Ajmal, Nasir Jamshed, Junaid Khan, Reza Hasan, Sarfaraz Ahmed etc. who are all in line to be considered for the upcoming India series.

Some like Umar and Ajmal played in the 2011 World Cup semi-final at Mohali but are yet to make a full tour.

Qasim didn't rule out the possibility of considering some new faces for the upcoming tour.

Pakistan chief selector has no illusions about India tour | Cricket - News | NDTVSports.com

‘Tour to India will not be easy for Pakistan’

KARACHI: Pakistan’s upcoming tour to India will be significant for some players as it will be the perfect opportunity for them to make their mark and do well.

Pakistan is set to tour India in December-January for a limited overs series which will comprise three one-day internationals and two Twenty20s.

The Indian and Pakistani cricket teams have only met in international tournaments since 2007.

They clashed in the World Cup semi-final in the north Indian town of Mohali last year, a high-profile game that was attended by the prime ministers of the two countries.

They also played during the Asia Cup in Bangladesh in March and recently played against each other in the World Twenty20.

Pakistan’s chief cricket selector Iqbal Qasim said the tour will be difficult but will provide a good opportunity to some players who had not toured India before.

“I have no illusions about how hard this tour will be for our team. Although it is a short tour but keeping in mind the significance of the series our players will have to put in their best to do well,” Qasim said.

“Given the fact that we are playing a bilateral series after five years there will be a lot of media hype and interest in the series and some of our players have not had a chance to make a full tour of India as yet,” he added.

Some of the players who are likely to feature, including Umar Akmal, Azhar Ali, Asad Shafiq, Saeed Ajmal, Nasir Jamshed, Junaid Khan, Reza Hasan and SarfaraKiwi paceman Southee jolts Sri Lanka

z Ahmed, have not toured India before although they have played against India.

Qasim added that some new players might also be included in the line-up.

‘Tour to India will not be easy for Pakistan’ | DAWN.COM

‘Tour to India will not be easy for Pakistan’

KARACHI: Pakistan’s upcoming tour to India will be significant for some players as it will be the perfect opportunity for them to make their mark and do well.

Pakistan is set to tour India in December-January for a limited overs series which will comprise three one-day internationals and two Twenty20s.

The Indian and Pakistani cricket teams have only met in international tournaments since 2007.

They clashed in the World Cup semi-final in the north Indian town of Mohali last year, a high-profile game that was attended by the prime ministers of the two countries.

They also played during the Asia Cup in Bangladesh in March and recently played against each other in the World Twenty20.

Pakistan’s chief cricket selector Iqbal Qasim said the tour will be difficult but will provide a good opportunity to some players who had not toured India before.

“I have no illusions about how hard this tour will be for our team. Although it is a short tour but keeping in mind the significance of the series our players will have to put in their best to do well,” Qasim said.

“Given the fact that we are playing a bilateral series after five years there will be a lot of media hype and interest in the series and some of our players have not had a chance to make a full tour of India as yet,” he added.

Some of the players who are likely to feature, including Umar Akmal, Azhar Ali, Asad Shafiq, Saeed Ajmal, Nasir Jamshed, Junaid Khan, Reza Hasan and SarfaraKiwi paceman Southee jolts Sri Lanka

z Ahmed, have not toured India before although they have played against India.

Qasim added that some new players might also be included in the line-up.

‘Tour to India will not be easy for Pakistan’ | DAWN.COM
PakisTan 's cricket chief selector should consider haris suhail to get included in the team squad for the said series ...:pakistan:

[MENTION=32258]MuZammiL Dr. s[1]n[/MENTION] who is Harris Sohail? What is his average?

[MENTION=32258]MuZammiL Dr. s[1]n[/MENTION] who is Harris Sohail? What is his average?

haris suhail is an stylish Left-handed handsome batsman with the batting-class which is only matchable with the Legendary lefti of the world SaeeD anwar ... :coffee:

well , to be honest : i don't know his batting average in PakisTan 's domestic cricket but he was the shared co-man of the match in/of the Last domestic T.20 cricket tournament held in 2012 ; and also he has recently performed a half-century score against auckland aces & consequently declared the then man-of-the-match right their in south africa ... :pakistan:

A-GG0cKCMAAob3V.jpg:large

Pakistan's new kit against India & south africa tours

India will lose all the matches, the way they are playing they should be thrown out.

Misbah ul Haq, Mohammad Hafeez bank on pacers to trouble Indian batsmen

Karachi: Pakistan's one-day captain Misbah-ul-Haq and Twenty20 skipper Mohammad Hafeez believe that the pace bowlers picked for the much-anticipated series in India have the ability to rattle the strong batting line-up of the hosts.

"I believe that the pacers selected in the squads have the potential to upset the Indians in their own backyard," Hafeez said.

He said tall left-arm pacer Mohammad Irfan would be used as a "surprise package" in the Twenty20 series.

"For the pace bowlers, it is a great opportunity to shine and establish themselves in the team because a series against India is always followed very closely by everyone," Misbah added.

Hafeez will lead Pakistan in the two T20 matches while Misbah will be captaining the one-day squad for the three matches in India.

The two squads feature several pace bowlers including Umar Gul, Junaid Khan, Wahab Riaz, Mohammad Irfan, Anwar Ali, Asad Ali and Sohail Tanvir. Four of the bowlers are left-arm pacers.

"I am very confident and positive that we have the team to beat India and win both the series," Hafeez stated.

Misbah conceded that matches against India are always high-pressure games for players from both sides. "But being professional players we are supposed to live and adjust to this unique pressure and I will be telling all the players to go and just play positively on the tour," Misbah added.

Asked about the omission of experienced all-rounder Abdul Razzaq from both squads and that of flamboyant all-rounder, Shahid Afridi from the ODI squad, Misbah said both had served Pakistan cricket well. "But people must remember that any decision related to dropping a senior player is not just because of the captain such decisions are taken collectively." Misbah said.

Hafeez also insisted that there was no conspiracy behind the axing of Razzaq. "There is no doubt about the ability of Razzaq and his performances but the selectors selected the squads keeping in mind the conditions in India," he explained.

Misbah ul Haq, Mohammad Hafeez bank on pacers to trouble Indian batsmen | India vs Pakistan 2012 - News | NDTVSports.com

India will lose all the matches, the way they are playing they should be thrown out.

Definitely their poor performance can effect in the upcoming series. But Gosh humain tou veero say aur kohli say bohat dar lagta hay yaar. Once get going, they are extremely difficult to stop. But i hope your words shall come true. Dil tou Pakistan hay na...Always :pakistan: :pakistan:

Really!!! many of you also said "Inshallah" in Indo-pak recent world cup match but .............. :bounce: :victory::bunny::yahoo::what:

We always say inshaAllah before every match against India. Now check indo-pak record for further details. ;)

We always say inshaAllah before every match against India. Now check indo-pak record for further details. ;)
So why didnt it helped pakistan in world cup??? If you go by the pattern, the more people shout Inshallah, more matches are lost by pakistan!!! just go and check it out!!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom