What's new

Pakistani donates $30 million for earthquake victims in Turkey, Syria

I love how you talk about middle finger, selective amnesia, have double American flags yet continue to come to PDF, complain about what's happening in Pakistan

That in itself answers your question- we can never forget and stop caring for our ancestral land no matter what, people who moved in the 1950s whether in the US or UK, still care cause it's the most natural of Acts

Ancestral land is the city one lives in which itself has come and gone through many empires/nations. Cities outlive empires.

I love how you talk about middle finger, selective amnesia, have double American flags yet continue to come to PDF, complain about what's happening in Pakistan

That in itself answers your question- we can never forget and stop caring for our ancestral land no matter what, people who moved in the 1950s whether in the US or UK, still care cause it's the most natural of Acts
Ill tell you why -
I really went into it and it isn’t ancestry so much as Its like breaking relationships with family - people you grew up with , shared good times with and so were invested in both how they did and also how they treated you.
Its similar (but not the same) emotions an elder sibling might feel if they their younger ones do some obviously idiotic thing and keep repeating it despite lectures - but they keep repeating it because you aren’t the parent and second because experience and knowledge is the most powerful aspect.

America isn’t perfect, far from it and its flaws and completely different from Pakistan and solutions to its problems which are both different in complexity and scale also have no relevance to Pakistan - but when you see more activism to address problems and at least 10% more awareness of the underlying issues.. you cannot help feel frustrated as to why what you left could not simply take the same initiative.

I sat with Arif Alvi back in 2014 when they were planning for the elections then and wanted a software to track progress and votes.. and back then there seemed hope because there was out of the box thinking and ideas.. but alas we see why it did not work out and more importantly regardless of how I see IK’s(and PTI’s) overall buffoonery with the opportunity they had - seeing them waste that galvanizing power in “calculated” moves only represents every mistake Pakistani leaders made before throughout history. That the capacity to screw everything up outweighs all merits of people that I am part of and have seen brilliance of.

Nowhere near the experience of nor the patience and wisdom of Hazrat Moosa - but I can pretend to imagine the frustration he would have when he would have to keep going back to Allah for their requests even after all that was given to them..wanting common foods instead of mon o salwa, when they eventually asked for a golden cow to worship..after seeing the events in Pakistan and being on the forum since 2009(and others since 2005).. I saw the ebbs and flows of hopes and dreams only to realize the core principles of what was taught from childhood in Pakistan is an absolute lie. Be it how religion is represented to the security state mentality prevalent in the nation, all because the people of Pakistan despite it all.. still want a golden cow to worship and the golden cows know it.. they know when to wait out any such “revolts”, they know which are the dumb goats that will always vote for them, and they know how to keep a small number of people just educated enough to run their system, obey orders but never enough to change it.

You don’t choose where you are from - you choose where you are going. So yes, here is my middle finger to Pakistan… but behind it hides a small hope that maybe just anger at a middle finger might spark something.

Back
Top Bottom