What's new

Pakistani police arrest man accused of burying alive his newborn daughter

Pukhtoon

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD - Pakistani police arrested a man accused of burying his newborn daughter alive because she was physically deformed, officials said Saturday.

The shocking incident illustrates the sometimes extreme prejudices in Pakistan against children, especially girls that are born with any type of physical deformities. They are often seen as shameful for the family, especially in the rural, poorer parts of the country where they are viewed as a drain on the family.

Mohammed Anwar, a police officer in the city of Khanewal in the eastern Punjab province, said the child was born Thursday at a hospital in the nearby town of Kacha Khoh.

After seeing his newborn daughter, the father told relatives that the baby was born dead and organized a funeral service, said Shamshad Khalid, the town's police chief.

The child started crying during the service and the presiding cleric told the father to take the girl to the hospital, Khalid said. Instead, the man, identified by police as Chand Khan, buried her. Residents alerted the authorities after seeing the father taking the baby to the graveyard, after which police raided the man's house and arrested him on a murder charge.

Khan, who has four other children, did not tell his wife about his plans to get rid of the child, the police chief said, adding that the wife was still at the hospital when the baby was buried.

Mohammed Farooq, a doctor at al-Shifa hospital in Kacha Khoh, said he had seen the child after her birth. He said she was healthy and alive but had a fairly large head and "abnormal" features.

"I am a doctor at the same hospital where this child was born. This man came to me yesterday with a request that I should do something to dispose of his child, but I snubbed him and said get out," Farooq said. "No one has the right to kill anyone because of his or her physical deformity."

He said the child's funeral service was held inside a mosque, and the child's cry drew the attention of the cleric and those who were attending the funeral.

Pakistani human rights activist Farzana Bari also condemned the incident. Raghab Naeemi, a prominent Pakistan religious scholar, demanded a stern punishment for the man.

Some parents in Pakistan have been known to kill their children out of extreme poverty and an inability to take care of them, but such incidents are rare.

Police say they will exhume the child's body and perform an autopsy. The father could be sentenced to death if he's found guilty of killing his daughter.

Police should hang this bastard !

So sad, poor child was only physically deformed and it wasn't her fault either, but this *** hole is mentally sick. son of a *****. should be hanged by his balls till death.

Idiot, needs to rot in jail for a while.

Arrest the man & throw him behind bars.

How come this jihalat is coming to Pakistan:hitwall:

If you don't want your child give it to Edhi Foundation.

Don't know what he was thinking & this is where education plays a major role in human life, whether it's religious or non religious education is very important.

ISLAMABAD - Pakistani police arrested a man accused of burying his newborn daughter alive because she was physically deformed, officials said Saturday.

The shocking incident illustrates the sometimes extreme prejudices in Pakistan against children, especially girls that are born with any type of physical deformities. They are often seen as shameful for the family, especially in the rural, poorer parts of the country where they are viewed as a drain on the family.

Mohammed Anwar, a police officer in the city of Khanewal in the eastern Punjab province, said the child was born Thursday at a hospital in the nearby town of Kacha Khoh.

After seeing his newborn daughter, the father told relatives that the baby was born dead and organized a funeral service, said Shamshad Khalid, the town's police chief.

The child started crying during the service and the presiding cleric told the father to take the girl to the hospital, Khalid said. Instead, the man, identified by police as Chand Khan, buried her. Residents alerted the authorities after seeing the father taking the baby to the graveyard, after which police raided the man's house and arrested him on a murder charge.

Khan, who has four other children, did not tell his wife about his plans to get rid of the child, the police chief said, adding that the wife was still at the hospital when the baby was buried.

Mohammed Farooq, a doctor at al-Shifa hospital in Kacha Khoh, said he had seen the child after her birth. He said she was healthy and alive but had a fairly large head and "abnormal" features.

"I am a doctor at the same hospital where this child was born. This man came to me yesterday with a request that I should do something to dispose of his child, but I snubbed him and said get out," Farooq said. "No one has the right to kill anyone because of his or her physical deformity."

He said the child's funeral service was held inside a mosque, and the child's cry drew the attention of the cleric and those who were attending the funeral.

Pakistani human rights activist Farzana Bari also condemned the incident. Raghab Naeemi, a prominent Pakistan religious scholar, demanded a stern punishment for the man.

Some parents in Pakistan have been known to kill their children out of extreme poverty and an inability to take care of them, but such incidents are rare.

Police say they will exhume the child's body and perform an autopsy. The father could be sentenced to death if he's found guilty of killing his daughter.

Police should hang this bastard !
Hang this man in public the most brutal thing which HAZRAT MUHAMMAD SAW ended this man did it again he should be made example for those who are thinking of burying their daughters alive because they are girls old crap thinking of black days of Makkah before Islam

Why you did this horrible creature. Why your dad did not do itto you. Hop you get life imprisonment and never come out. In feel sorry for the loss of life of an infant.

Arrest the man & throw him behind bars.

How come this jihalat is coming to Pakistan:hitwall:

If you don't want your child give it to Edhi Foundation.
Jihalat was always there its just that people close their eyes and think everything is fine.And why why give your own child to the edhi foundation??such parets are most heartless parents who give birt to children and then give them to some foundation ...iss se bada koi aur Gunaah ho hi nahi sakta.If you dont have capacity to bring up your child then dont conceive and give birth.Its better having no child than giving him/her to some foundation after birth.Jab paal nahi saktay to paida hi kyon kartay ho.

Not a Normal person can do that? Damn! we should have a law of medical examination, even its requires a certain mental status. Its a responsibility instead of any such greed, but again ! Laws in Pakistan are just used against innocents or to trap someone , not for implementing the constition and protecting our rights. thats why such incidents are happening in our society . Our media is so much involved with TTP, Bla or other governmental issue that they are not picking it up on such level where it need to condenmed strongly, These incidents are route causes of injecting exterimism in our society. Damn! Our law and institution are so weak to rehabitalize public. I'm not seeing any end of such incidents in near future.

Punish the murderer .. If i was that baby girl then i prefer death than growing up in that cruel man's house

Persons like these genes pool should be stopped-

better bury him alive so as to experence the torture his newborn would have gone through.

I second that.

There are countless such incidents taking place all across the country... some bury them alive and some throw them in dust bins or on a roadside in plastic bags...

What mental level one would be if they're even ready to bury their child...?

These useless NGOs should be directed to create awareness among populace that if they don't want their (unwanted) newborn child, should be handed over to NGOs/Edhi for some money in return which could then be taken into fostering... that's the best way to save these newborn childs... but again what can you expect from those inept baboons sitting on the top.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom