What's new

Pakistani troops aid Bahrain's crackdown.

Sectarian concerns? I don't know -- but what a great question - I'm sure someone will point out how the great army is doing a fabulous job of something or the other

Maybe you should sign up for the fight in FATA and make yourself useful for once. I have seen nothing constructive from your posts in a long time. Just immature and sarcastic commentary.

My concern is that why Pakistani's are being used by the condemnable Arab's to clean their own cr@p?? This 'hiring of manpower' should immediately be halted albeit banned by GoP!!! :disagree:

My concern is that why Pakistani's are being used by the condemnable Arab's to clean their own cr@p?? This 'hiring of manpower' should immediately be halted albeit banned by GoP!!! :disagree:

The GoP wants the favor of the people the US favor's.
I scratch your back, you scratch mine.

Why don't the Pakistanis do the same for recruiting manpower for fighting the TTP and other militant organizations within Pakistan instead? When one'e own house is on fire, you don't use your firemen to douse the flames on a house that's miles away!

they are not Pakistani troops but civilains now and we have no right or power to dictate them for jobs. They are free to join any company as security gaurds thats it.

The UN hire regular armies from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh and other countries to clean crap of others so do you think it should also be halted.

besides in this case its choice of individuals to opt for jobs in bharani security set up and none has right to object to that

Isn't the thread title misleading?? These are ex-service men,in other words civilians. Bahrain is known to pay extremely well for even menial jobs of cleaners and hotel attendants. I'm sure they must be paying the "security" services handsomely. Besides, being ex-service men of an Islamic Republic would give the Pakistani's an edge over other nationalities like India, Philipines, China etc etc in terms of acclimatization and assimilating within the Bahrain set up. They have a genuine advantage in this particular opportunity, I see no reason why they shouldn't take it!!

Nothing unusual if the Pakistani troops cow down the Bahrain's.

It is the sectarian divide working!

Bahrain is Shia majority!

Isn't the thread title misleading?? These are ex-service men,in other words civilians. Bahrain is known to pay extremely well for even menial jobs of cleaners and hotel attendants. I'm sure they must be paying the "security" services handsomely. Besides, being ex-service men of an Islamic Republic would give the Pakistani's an edge over other nationalities like India, Philipines, China etc etc in terms of acclimatization and assimilating within the Bahrain set up. They have a genuine advantage in this particular opportunity, I see no reason why they shouldn't take it!!

It does not give any edge. its simply a paid job and anyone can apply .
and all those who are crying loud are just ranting making it divide or secterian issue.

Nothing unusual if the Pakistani troops cow down the Bahrain's.

It is the sectarian divide working!

Bahrain is Shia majority!

So??

what makes you think many of those Pakistani recruits would not be shia themselves??
Its about the money, nothing more.
Please play the sectarian card where it makes sense, instead of brandishing it like a loose cannon just to target a nation.

So??

what makes you think many of those Pakistani recruits would not be shia themselves??
Its about the money, nothing more.
Please play the sectarian card where it makes sense, instead of brandishing it like a loose cannon just to target a nation.

You may be perfectly correct.

The surmise is by the information on the media.

Saudi Arabia buying more Pakistanis for Bahrain crackdown, US still supporting the sectarian regime

The country is less than 30 percent Sunni. More than 50,000 "imported" Sunnis from southern Pakistan, Balochistan, Jordan and Yemen - have been naturalized. Virtually everyone in the Ministry of Defense and the police is an "imported" Sunni from Yemen, Jordan, Syria and Pakistan.
OpEdNews - Article: Bahrain hiring Pakistani ex-soldiers to suppress uprising

OUR SECTARIAN DIVIDE

By General Mirza Alsam Beg for Opinion Maker

The sectarian divide of the Muslim World has been the cause of serious conflicts in the past, and continues to have its toll, particularly for the last thirty years, with external forces exploiting this weakness. The countries which have suffered most are Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Palestine’ Lebanon and Pakistan, and the one being targeted now, is Bahrain, from where the New Great Game begins.
Pakistan: Our Sectarian Divide | Veterans Today

This is a Pakistani forum and hence I would be very careful.

I go by media reports so that I am not blamed.

I am not playing any card,but going what the media informs.

If the media is wrong, I apologise!

And anyway I am not Murdoch! :)

If you see my posts I have always tried to project that this divide is what is unnecessarily dividing people.

I keep abreast with world events and when I find that things are not true to life, I do exercise my mind and try to put the reality on the plate.

I assure you that I am not a loose canon!

I am aware of what I write and do so with all sincerity of goodwill and honesty of purpose.

I am sorry that this is misunderstood.

I have no animus towards Pakistan since I know the devastation wars and terrorism can have on the innocents!

I am a votary of peace and sense with all it warts exposed.

It will bring a dawn of goodness of man and not small and silly divides amongst nations and peoples within themselves too!

I am bold to state this on this forum since I am aware that you sport a wise non partisan head!

It does not give any edge. its simply a paid job and anyone can apply .
and all those who are crying loud are just ranting making it divide or secterian issue.

I didn't say they were being selected owing to sectarian issues. My post meant they have a better chance at acclimatizing with the system in Bahrain. I have seen such ad's in India as well(Times Ascent 3rd-5th pages for those who are curious). It's a much better pay check than the army or the security services in South Asia.

You may be perfectly correct.

The surmise is by the information on the media.

Saudi Arabia buying more Pakistanis for Bahrain crackdown, US still supporting the sectarian regime

This is a Pakistani forum and hence I would be very careful.

I go by media reports so that I am not blamed.

I am not playing any card,but going what the media informs.

If the media is wrong, I apologise!

And anyway I am not Murdoch! :)

Incorrect.. if Pakistani sunni's were so dear to the Saudi's.. they would never be part of the workforce or this one.
Pakistani shia's in general show no favor for Iran.. and that is what counts.
However, this may not be true for those from yemen, or Syria.
There is a sectarian divide.. but I have seen it least in the Armed forces.
And where retired vets.. or burly men are concerned.. usually the offer of a few thousand riyal's removes the Shia/sunni filter and replaces it with a "yes sir" attitude.

I would like to correct this statement. I speak to Bahrain Petroleum Company quite often, all of a sudden there was a new person handling the account of our company. Since I had home telephone number of the pervious contact I called him, I was informed that all the Shia's working in Bahrain Gov't companies who went on strike had been fired. The total figure was about four thousand including all cadres.

His point is still valid, They held these jobs in government organisations like BAPCO and still claimed that they were not being offered so called 'lucrative government jobs'. They were sacked after striking and they were sacked according to the local laws and the now the government is planning to reinstate them:

Gulf Daily News » Local News » Plans to reinstate workers praised

Incorrect.. if Pakistani sunni's were so dear to the Saudi's.. they would never be part of the workforce or this one.
Pakistani shia's in general show no favor for Iran.. and that is what counts.
However, this may not be true for those from yemen, or Syria.
There is a sectarian divide.. but I have seen it least in the Armed forces.
And where retired vets.. or burly men are concerned.. usually the offer of a few thousand riyal's removes the Shia/sunni filter and replaces it with a "yes sir" attitude.

Wise words.

I shall not contest.

If one goes by a vast majority of posts here, one would feel that mere riyals would not shake the true believer.

Maybe reality is a strange bed-partner of the cyberspace grandees of the religion.

And the Army (including the retd) are the sole true ones to save and beyond reproach!

Maybe I am confused because of the varied signals.

My apologies.

Wise words.

I shall not contest.

If one goes by a vast majority of posts here, one would feel that mere riyals would not shake the true believer.

Maybe reality is a strange bed-partner of the cyberspace grandees of the religion.

And the Army (including the retd) are the sole true ones to save and beyond reproach!

Maybe I am confused because of the varied signals.

My apologies.

Made from a PC.. with all the time in the world..
When push comes to shove.. I doubt even a hardcore Brahman would have issues sharing a meal with an outcast.
Shia sunni issues come up when you are either comfortable with your life and find nothing else entertaining.
Or you are extremely poor and extremist organizations provide a free meal..

Back
Top Bottom