What's new

Pakistan's Edge in Biometric Information Technology Services

Well all of these things are true nadra already hold worlds largest biometric database and AFIS ... india have just started it but nadra is working since 2000.. and yeh u can ask bangladesh for it . Bangladesh driving license project was acquired by Nadra

http://www.nadra.gov.pk/downloads/solutions/egov-license.pdf

and nigerian ID card contract as well

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan
Nadra gets another contract from Nigeria | Business Recorder

Sudan civil registration project

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - NADRA to help Sudan for development of civil registration, identity system

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Well all of these things are true nadra already hold worlds largest biometric database and AFIS ... india have just started it but nadra is working since 2000.. and yeh u can ask bangladesh for it . Bangladesh driving license project was acquired by Nadra

http://www.nadra.gov.pk/downloads/solutions/egov-license.pdf

and nigerian ID card contract as well

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan
Nadra gets another contract from Nigeria | Business Recorder

Sudan civil registration project

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - NADRA to help Sudan for development of civil registration, identity system

Seriously there was no need to bring India in it .

We have UID registrations going on . I registered for the card 2 days back .

Being a much larger country with much larger population u cant expect UID cards to come overnight .

here is mine
381191_330185370327311_100000075516344_1389368_551815666_n.jpg

:P :P :P

all this is pointless if we keep allowing illegal afghans to keep flooding into our country....its useless

we need to do what Iranians do.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

here is mine
381191_330185370327311_100000075516344_1389368_551815666_n.jpg

:P :P :P

too big and clumsy looking.....

i like the new nadra cards

all this is pointless if we keep allowing illegal afghans to keep flooding into our country....its useless

we need to do what Iranians do.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

too big and clumsy looking.....

i like the new nadra cards

Brother its a pouch... card toh iske andar hai :D

its true that biometric systems are soo much common in Pakistan even in small cities small organizations have this systems....

Mr. Haq, by your logic, Pakistan is far more advanced country than USA. Even USA doesn't have a national ID/ Biometric system.

Mr. Haq, by your logic, Pakistan is far more advanced country than USA. Even USA doesn't have a national ID/ Biometric system.

Yes we are ahead in that case.. and the US is partly responsible for funding and promoting such a system so all those "potential terrorists" can be cataloged and tracked.

There was no need to compare with India.

But just to let you know, the UID project is way WAY more advanced, ambitious and on a much larger scale than NADRA will ever take

For starters, the NADRA project just takes one fingerprint and facial data

UID takes fingerprints of all ten fingers AND a retinal scan :woot:

Look, Pakistan in down in the dumps and you're putting up all kinds of good new to raise people's spirits :tup: But comparison with India will only invite ridicule

you are wrong, NADRA also take all fingers information

For all my friends who are getting anxious over the issue of using India as a country in comparison. There is always a simple rule, nothing can be compared in absolution, for comparison there is always a need for benchmark, which in IT is India since it is renowned for its IT infrastructure. And there is no need for getting offended when somebody compares its progress in a specific field via-a-vis a benchmark. There are also other fields in IT where Pakistan would also be lagging behind India. But I somehow do feel that Its a common habit in Indian community to get offended on such things, for example recently Indian High Commissioner visited IBA Karachi as a keynote speaker on Indo-Pak trade relationships. His discussion was very informative and insightful indeed. But when I asked him that how does he see the strategic fit in Indo-Pak trade relations when the current trade between the countries is more or less contingency driven and India lacked the comparative advantage in things which make up a predominant portion of Pakistan's Import bill (i.e. Machinery and Oil). He, i felt got slightly offended and spent the answer time on discussing the issue that India does export machinery rather than some discussion on what India had done in this regards to fill the shoes of German,Chinese and Japanese.
Of course we can't benchmark India in everything, for example if I would like to see the agricultural development and government's role in this I would like to compare Pakistan with Philippines. If i am looking at financial sector development, I would like to compare Pakistan with Singapore. If I would like to compare manufacturing I would rather benchmark China, Japan and Germany. If I am looking at education, I would rather benchmark US,Canada and UK for this. The author (RiazHaq) has done a logical comparison.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom