What's new

Pakistan's Submarine Procurement

U-214 is technologically superior to Agosta and if available should be procured. If these subs come with complete TOT then that is great. Alternately PN can ask Germans to built one in Germany and assemble the rest in Pakistan so that Pakistani technicians and officers are involved and gain experience of the type.
As far as sanctions are concerned I doubt these have the same type of affect as in the case of say fighters. PN can easily maintain stock of items identified as critical for subs and can develop in house expertise for the repair and maintainence of the vessels. At the time of signing of contract it be made mandatory that Germans shall provide technical training to the Pakistanis so that they can perform maintenance of the subs.
French Merlin sub is still in design phase and due to urgent requirement of PN is not an ideal candidate. The sub may be evaluated at a later stage when PN plans to replace or induct more subs.

there are acceptable rumours that pakistan is working on a 1000 km SLCM with turkey, based on the confirmed reports that pakistan transferred babur cruise missile technology to our turkish brothers.

other than that, U-214 is the best sub you can get in the market. it's one of the most quiet subs, can launch slcm's, and has advanced hydrogen fuel cell technology.

it's expensive, but pakistan is getting this with ToT and will improve our sub-design and building capabilities.

Again, Pakistan can not and will not commit to any JV missile project exceeding 300km range.

Evebthough we have not signed CTBT we basically respect international laws and restrictions.

Matters related to export of missiles or missile technology come under the MTCR (Missile Technology Control Regime) and not CTBT.
We are not signatory to both. However we have declared that we shall follow the guideline of MTCR.

My bad, I meant MTCR. We may not be a signatory to it we will not risk international outcry once again over a sensitive defence scandal.

agosta 90-b will be made in karachi harbour..

Undertaker.
If my memory serves me right, the last of the Agustas "Hamza" has already been built and is undergoing sea trials. The only Sub related work with KSEW is to retrofit MESMA to the other 2 subs when they come in for upgrades. So technically the shipyard is free to take on a new venture. However, with new venture comes new technology and new machines which might need to be fitted. This may take some time.
Regards
Araz

I have read some where do not remember where that French have dropped Merlin offer to Pakistan and are instead offering Scorpeon. If this is true than I guess U-214 has better chance of winning unless French modify Scorpeon being offered to PN and make it better than the one they are providing to the Indians.

Hi, I have a question.

What is the exact number and diameter of the torpedo tubes that the Pakistani T214s have?

Do these have 650mm torpedo tubes?

Hi, I have a question.

What is the exact number and diameter of the torpedo tubes that the Pakistani T214s have?

Do these have 650mm torpedo tubes?

nothin can be said right now because U boat deal has not been finalised, we hope that U boats deal for PAK NAVY will be finalized in IDEAS 2008 this november, the subs will be customized to our Navy's stated specifications so u have to wait till then to get the right specifications of these subs.:azn:

well i can surely tell u that these subs will be carrying SLCM (Naval version of Babur), so that might partially answer ur question.:smokin:

It will be also better to take some thing different than the previous ones.

please provide a credible source that Agosta is as advanced as scorpene. I am pretty sure scorpene is more advanced. India wouldnt have opted for it if it was in the same class as Agosta.

India is getting scorpenes. if pak gets marlins, india will upgrade scorpenes to marlins. since india is likely to get more subs than pak, this will give india the edge. this is probably why the pak top brass is considering the U-214, a different platform.
I am agrred with you. U - 214 is a far better option

pakistan navy should boost up its capability to defend and compete with its powerful rival.pakistan and indian navy should be equal. i propose a good and intelligent strategic plan should be developed and worked out.

Back
Top Bottom